“Quiet, good value guesthouse. ”

Orchide Siem Reap Lodge
and 1 more site!
Orchide Siem Reap Lodge
Ranked #160 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 6 nights in a double room with shared bathrooms. Paid $7 per day. Had the upstairs to ourselves most of our stay, nice balcony. All wooden place. Room got very got during the day, fine at night with fan. Great cheap local restaurants very close by. Staff friendly and have plenty of privacy but always greeted us when we came/went. They offered to help with ongoing travel booking but we searched out a cheaper option. Free loo paper, small bottled water (you need to request daily) and shampoo/ shower gel. Bed was very comfortable! Rooms rustic in wood but very liveable! Easy cycle to Angkor archaeological park, bikes for hire at guesthouse. 5min walk to pub street and a big supermarket 2 min walk away. Perfect location really! Loved our stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Orchide Siem Reap Lodge

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Orchide is all around great! We stayed for 4 days. The location is short walk to pub street and old+night markets. The staff is very nice as well as helpful, and a few of the receptionist know English quite well. We got our double fan room with a shared bathroom for $7 (no hot water though). A few books and magazine are also available to look at. They also have bike rentals for $2 and laundry service for $1 per kg. Great place! loved it!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a tiny yet efficient room with all wood floor walls etc for $7 per night with shared bathroom.Considered it to be very good value.

+ a 10 minute easy stroll down to Pub St yet reasonably quiet
+ staff are friendly and outgoing. Made you feel appreciated and safe
+ nice outdoor seating area on 2nd floor with heavy wood furniture and books
+ wifi ok
+ bed comfortable

Walk out the door turn left and walk for 5 minuted. Large more local streetside restaurants with great vibe and cheap prices.

Well done Orchide!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I lived here for a week when I first move to Siem Reap whilst I sorted out long term accommodation. The Khmer family who run it are super nice and really helpful. I've moved out now but I always stop in on my way to work as I'm convinced they sell the cheapest bottles of water in town

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Staff are very humble good hearted locals. Comfy place and you get a whole room to yourself for the price you would normally pay in a dormitory. I felt secure here. It's a 3 minute walk from the town centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank undiplomatic
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the Orchide Lodge in one of the 5$ rooms. Furnished with the basics, but with good bed and towels, it felt really cosy. The shared bathrooms were always clean and we even had hot water. The staff was always very friendly and helpful, so I would definitely recomend this place for a budget stay in Siem Reap. Very good value for your 5 bucks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I spent five nights in Orchide. Siem Reap is full of budget guesthouses and hotels but I can't imagine getting better value anywhere else. I took the $5 room with shared bathroom - it was low season so for the first days I had all three bathrooms to myself. The place is very clean and cozy. I had breakfast every morning ($2) and was very happy. Owner/operator Sam is super helpful, he will hook you up with anything you need. Location is great, right near the Night Market and all the restaurants. Will definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo