Flight of the Gibbon - CLOSED
This was great fun

Reviewed August 23, 2017
deannej3
Melbourne, Australia
Adventure to the highest level!

Reviewed May 31, 2017
Marlin26
Seattle, Washington

All reviews zip line great fun scared of heights safety procedures gibbons activity platform adventure trees adrenaline cambodia kimleng
Reviewed August 23, 2017

We loved every minute of this. Wished that we had done the longer version but were time poor. Our guides Kimleng and Mongi were really funny and friendly and unbelievably safety conscious. We had a couple of punters who were scared of heights but there was no pressure just warmth and patience. Strong recommend (even though it seems a bit weird in this environment!).

1  Thank deannej3
Reviewed August 13, 2017

OK let me start by stating that I am scared of heights, so no, this would not be my first choice of activity in the jungle area, but my family wanted to go so I was out voted. They loved it. I spent a lot of time holding on to trees.

We booked this tour via email through our hotel and specifically requested a private tour. We were collected from our hotel in a min-van and there was already a family in the van and when we arrived at the site, it was clear we were expected to join with this family which included small children. My children are teenagers. We queried this with the staff and were told if we waited a while we would be put together with a group with older children. Again we queried this as we had booked a private tour. Eventually they agreed to take us on our own as, I believe, it was still quite early and we only wanted to do the short course.

Our guides were amazing. Their knowledge of the area and safety procedures was excellent and they were really good fun too with gentle ribbing throughout the course. There were platforms at varying heights and tree top bridges to walk across and after our last wire we abseiled down to ground and a short walk through the jungle and back to transport back to the base camp.

After a thoroughly enjoyable time we returned back to the base camp where we made the acquaintance of the Aussie boss. Whilst he was not necessarily rude or aggressive, he did not mince his words pointing out that what we had done, i.e.., take a private tour, was not something on the menu. He said he had rung our hotel to confirm our story - REALLY (edited from initial acronym I was going to use) - but due to a case of “lost in translation”, he had been unable to verify this booking request. In our defence we reiterated that we had requested a private tour - unbeknown to us this was not on offer - and that quite frankly we had limited time in Cambodia and did not want to spend it hanging around the tree tops with people who did not speak the same language as us nor were likely to travel at the pace we wanted and therefore negating the enjoyment of such a trip. After taking our ragging with good grace, we bought the tee-shirts and refused the tokens for the free meal (we had been to the restaurant the previous day on our temple tour and the experience was not one we wanted to repeat) and were transported back to our hotel with a slight distaste in our mouths.

Suggestion - offer private tours. Charge more - we would not consider this sort of activity if we thought we would be lumped with completely incompatible people and so would pay more to be on our own. Oh and ditch the restaurant.

I was very disappointed not to see any gibbons in the trees but according to our guides the majority had hot footed it to the temples where the pickings were richer. Maybe they should rename the activity flight of the Butterflies instead.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

When I think of Cambodia, the Zipline Flight of the Gibbon first comes to my mind. OMG what an adventure to the highest level. Do not let the price deter you from trying this out. I can't remember the exact amount.I think it's $150 or something. But anyway, we were 3 in a group my husband, my daughter and me. So, naturally I thought of the price... right? It looks fun in the picture and so we did.

Thank goodness we did it. You can book it through your hotel. Our driver took us to one of the shops in the vicinity and book it there. Since we had a driver, we just went to the location. There is a free lunch which is yummy and we were able to choose what we wanted. Then off to the site to launch for the zipline.

We did zipline in Juneau, Alaska prior to this and that was really scary too but we survived that. So I thought that we should be ok , right? We were wrong big time, but in a great way. Let me explain. We started in just short distance and just low level. It then progressed to a higher and higher level. Our knees are shaking because we were like on the very top of those tall trees. Cambodian trees are like humongous and tall. There are stairs to climb up those trees and that is part of the scary part because I am afraid of height. I guess the 3 of us are all afraid of height.

Anyway, we reached the highest tree and my gosh like we can see the whole of Cambodia up there. It is so scary. We were both laughing and scared at the same time. It was truly an adventure of a lifetime. This so far the number one on my list now.

My recommendation is try it and you'll be happy that you did. Have fun.

1  Thank Marlin26
Reviewed May 24, 2017

We traveled to the area with a group of 9 and 5 of us did this adventure, The guides were incredibly helpful and professional. What a beautiful view from the top of the canopy. Bring a neck lanyard for your phone/camera or you can buy one before you start the tour. You won't want to miss the photo opportunities and your hands will be busy. I highly recommend tour!

1  Thank cheryla612
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Great experience and professional staff. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Yelling as I flew through the trees. Fantastic for my inner essence. Informative guides pointing out various wildlife and wow those spider holes Hugh. And yes we got to see some gibbons. Mum dad and child frolicking within the trees. Bless our natural world. Hopefully us humans don't destroy it for you. Although some lines were under repair we had a great time. Good luck with this excellent tourist business.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

We spent a very hot, and exhilarating morning at Flight of the Gibbon. The course is really high in the trees - beautiful, but not for the feint hearted! Our guiders - Hull and Mongkul - were fantastic - very friendly, entertaining and knowledgeable. A nice break from the temples!

1  Thank Gingernut68
Reviewed April 26, 2017

What an awesome experience. We were there on a rainy day. Excellent safety. Great guides. Highly recommend If finances allow do all the ziplines. It was scary but I always felt safe.

1  Thank Miss-Millie-23
Reviewed April 2, 2017

We were very fortunate that at the end of our tree flights we arrived back at base to find 3 gibbons in the trees. Mom, Dad & baby put on a show for us for free! I took movie & pics they were just gorgeous! The flights are exhilarating & staff are very well trained in all aspects of safety. This is such a well run adventure, I would recommend it for anyone!

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited with our 11 and 14 yo kids.
Loads of fun!
If you are up for climbing some stairs and brave enough to step off into nothing you will really enjoy this.
Even husband with knee replacement found if not too taxing.
Staff were super helpful and friendly.
Being picked up from hotel a huge bonus as was lunch.
Note turn up on the day is a cash transaction only.
Thanks for an excellent adventure.

Reviewed March 4, 2017

I did the half day adventure, which included a hotel pick up, two hour course, restaurant lunch, and hotel drop off. The course consisted of a quick ascent and then through the treetops via several rope bridges and zip lines. It was absolutely incredible, even though I'm scared of heights, and I felt safe and well looked after the whole time. The guides themselves were encouraging, funny and friendly, taking time to make sure everyone felt ready but keeping us moving swiftly through the course. We walked back along a nature path, where care had clearly been taken to preserve or provide interesting spots along the way.
Given my fear of heights, the half day course was enough for me but I would definitely recommend the full version to get the most adventure for your money and time.