“Lots of fun, a really unique experience”
Review of Flight of the Gibbon - CLOSED

Flight of the Gibbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Angkor Zipline is the only adventure where you soar through Amazing Angkor Archaeological Park jungle from a bird's eyes tree tree top panoramic views. Learn the importance of preserving the rain-forest while having the adventure of a lifetime in the 1,000 year old canopy surrounded by the beauty of the nature. Safety is our #1 priority! And we take it very seriously. You will be guided with 2 of our highly trained "Safety Rangers" at all time. Angkor Zipline uses equipment with the highest standard for safety and comfort. Our zipline is a very family oriented activity, kids that are over 100 cm tall can enjoy our eco-friendly educational zipline tour.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had a great time with this. I had read reviews saying this was safe (my primary concern), so decided to take my chances, having never zip-lined before. It was REALLY well-constructed and safely-run. The rangers kept re-checking harnesses and made sure we had 2 points of contact with safety lines whenever possible, and at least 1 at all times (even while safely on the platforms).

The views were great and the zip-lining itself was a lot of fun. As an added bonus, our guides told us different things about the surrounding area at almost every platform along the way (examples: sights we could see in the distance, edible plants around us, unique foliage, etc.).

I was really happy that I did this, it was a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving!

I was picked up at my hotel at about 7AM and returned to it (after the included lunch) at around 1:30PM, so please be aware if you have a noon-checkout like I did!

One note, just for clarity: the current description of this attraction on TripAdvisor as I write this (Dec 9 2013) makes it sound like you will actually be able to view Angkor Wat, etc. from the zip-lines. This was not my experience (unless I completely missed something!). I was only able to see the surrounding forest/mountains. This is not a complaint about the experience as I really enjoyed the views, just letting people know what to expect.

2  Thank Tee610
in 12 reviews
"small group"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited flight of the gibbon in Nov 2013 during while traveling RTW. Although its pricey enough for a day trip, it is great fun and different to anything else we could find in Siem Reap. I felt INCREDIBLY safe there with our guides Tida and Channy. While not as scary/adrenaline rush as I was hoping for from the zipline it was still really fun with some beautiful views. And the restaurant - the palmboo- that they brought us to as part of the trip was excellent!!

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Flight of The Gibbon is the best fun I've had in all Asia. The feeling of being up in those trees is sublime. This is a VERY POLISHED product. The equipment is world class. All the gear is immaculately kept. I would have forgotten I was in Cambodia if it wasn't for the incredibly well trained Khmer guides, who's spirit and personality are as beautiful as the awesome scenery.

The staff are meticulous about safety. Their procedures - like Swiss clockwork. Obviously they have been well trained. I felt very safe, this gave me the freedom to just relax and enjoy the experience.

The guides are very knowledgable and speak very good English.
The company is right into conservation. I saw two Gibbons being rehabilitated for release into the wild. They also let local children and orphans do the course free.

The Australian manager, Bigsy, made me feel right at home from the moment I arrived. After meeting him, I could see why Flight of The Gibbon is so finely tuned.

If you're in Seam Reap or you're feeling templed-out. Flight of the Gibbon is an experience you will treasure as much as the amazing history of this fascinating town.

1  Thank JohnAustralia1
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Flight of the Gibbon at Angkor Archaeological Park, Siem Reap is the best thing ever to happen in Cambodia. For USD$79, it's worth every single cent spent. The Teak Tree tops were amazing. Not a single nail or screw used on the tree to construct the high platforms and the zip line. Some of the zip lines were more than 100m. The guide we had were perfect companions. Chernny and Nan gave us more than just a full zip line experience, they also were our local guide to the forest. We had a free tutorial on local botany. We learnt about wild patatoes, cicadas, Cotton silk trees and many more. And not to forget the best part pf the flight of the Gibbon is the forest. Lush Green Forest is simply breathtaking.

1  Thank MaverickS196
See more reviews
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best things I have ever done, it was beyond awesome.

We were picked up in an air conditioned taxi and transferred into the locations within the Angkor Park. You need to have a valid Angkor Park ticket to get into the Flight of the Gibbons.

When we arrived we paid cash in US$79 and signed a disclosure form. The guides then hooked us into our harnesses and helmets. They provide lockers (they lock and have a key) for your belongings to be stored. Make sure you bring your camera that you can put in a bag or that u can secure. I left my iPhone behind because I had no way of properly securing it when zip lining.

We then were transferred to the Track, where the two guides (good English skills) went through a safety demonstration. You then climb up stairs to get to a small zip line to practice. Moving up hire and hire. The maximum point (aka Tree house) is 45m above the ground.

I am scared of heights but wanted to face my fear. The guides where absolutely fantastic and patient. The safety standards are fantastic. The two other people with me had zip lined many times before in multiple countries and locations, and said that the safely standards are the highest that they had ever seen before. The zip lining was a real adrenaline rush, it was fantastic and the views where amazing. The two guides teach you about the trees and plants whilst you are up amongst the trees. When at the tree house they offer you water and sometime to take in the view and your surroundings.

To get down to the ground you abseil down which is also very enjoyable. You then take group photos with the Flight of the Gibbons sign and stroll back through the Forrest looking at the local flora and fauna- very informative and interesting. You get to met two Gibbons currently in a large cage and they are being quarantined before release in a few months. They appeared happy. The female is expecting a baby.

You then get assisted to take your harness off and get given some water. You then select a 'Flight of the Gibbons' top to take home.

You then are transferred back to the air conditioned taxi and taken to a restaurants next to Angkor Wat for some yummy Khmer food.

Your then driven back to your hotel.

I definitely recommend you do this, I had an awesome time :D!!

1  Thank Mickaela T