“It is the BEST!”

Genevieve's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 956 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Genevieve's is a Khmer/Western restaurant in Siem Reap, located in Bamboo St. not far from Wat Damnak.At Genevieve's, we provide high quality food and service and have a commitment to contributing meaningfully to the community in Siem Reap.
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Went to Genevieve's Restaurant today. This is the best place to dine, when you were in Siem Reap. The restaurant is located at an alley, there is a small sign board which you will miss it if you do not notice it.

I had a Genevieve's pizza, chicken satay and a beef pie with two lime squash. All three dishes were wonderfully cooked, especially the pizza. The cheeze on top was very nice. All three dishes and two drinks just cost USD$20. Very value for money.

If you want to have dinner there, you must make a reservation in advance. Or, like me, go there for lunch, you won't be disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,063)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We arrived by tuktuk and were told that they were fully booked for the next 2 nights (currently rated no 1 in Siem Reap).While we were having a chat with the door guy, a couple left and we were ushered in. How good is that, we thought. The owner took our drink order and recommended the chicken curry. It's only a small place, in a converted laneway, the decor is nothing special. However, all the staff were very friendly. Half hour after we placed our food order, including the recommended chicken curry, our waitress told us there was none left. 50 mins after we ordered, we got our meal. Other diners seemed to have delays too. We both had chicken satays which were very good. But our overall experience was disappointing.

Phil R, Owner at Genevieve's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

I couldn't agree with you more and I apologise for your ordinary service and disappointing experience. Our only excuse is that we had just received a jump in our rating and didn't cope with the increased demand. It's not much solace to you but I intend to ensure that we don't overextend ourselves and try and serve too many customers. In the future, I will be making sure that we don't overbook and that customers get the service and meal that they expect. We are a small restaurant of 8 tables and many customers have liked the coziness of our restaurant. However, we aren't and don't pretend to be a 5 star restaurant. I do believe that our food is generally very good to excellent and our service has been also up this point. Once again, I apologise and will make all efforts to ensure that all our customers get value for money and, hopefully enjoy their experience. Our mistake and we intend to rectify it. Our staff were overworked this night and my handling of the bookings was unfair on them as well as you. Thanks very much for your feedback.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were bought here by our tuk tuk driver after a morning at the floating village and we weren't disappointed. This is a lovely place to eat, the service was good, the food was excellent. We loved the food - had Lok Lak and burger which were both really good. The owner was very accommodating, felt like we were guests in his back yard. One local boy who served us even sang for the packed house!
Will recommend to our friends too!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've been living away from Melbourne Australia and I had the best roast lamb at Genevieve's
Every Wednesday I will be there.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Good service, price and taste. With a business supporting NGO's. Everything is perfect. In bonus, the waiter is signing every night!