“Worth making a detour.”

Genevieve's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 877 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: International, Asian, Cambodian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Genevieve's is a Khmer/Western restaurant in Siem Reap, located close to Pub Street and the Old Market. At Genevieve's, we provide high quality food and service and have a commitment to contributing meaningfully to the community in Siem Reap.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Worth making a detour.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I are repeat customers at Genevieve's and look forward to returning again in the future. There are so many restaurants in Siem Reap to choose from but what really set Genevieve's apart was the relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. So far our favorites have been the spring rolls and any of the pizzas. However when your really hungry the burger or lasagna are great picks as well.

Another thing that we really liked was the quick service and nuts served while waiting on the main course. We have a tight schedule so we appreciate them being so prompt. We are looking forward to our next visit so we can try out something new.

• Visited October 2013
Phil R, Owner at Genevieve's Restaurant, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
We're glad you've enjoyed the service at Genevieve's and that you've come back for more. Thanks for your comments about our food - our kitchen staff love to be told that they're doing a great job. Hope to see you again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wish we had found it earlier!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This place is the complete package, great food, great prices, open and clean atmosphere, and wonderful service. The owner is an Australian ex-pat who makes you feel very welcome and as if each and every customer truly matters to him. They have Khmer and western cuisine, and great drinks to boot! The server, Sovy, sang a Khmer song and an English song for the restaurant and it was definitely one of the highlights of my whole trip! He has an incredible voice which made my boyfriend tear-up, something I haven't seen in 5 years of dating him! The songs were extremely moving. Not sure if Sovy performs every night or not, but I'm sure the owner would be happy to tell you! This place is not to be missed- and I highly recommend trying the Khmer red curry!

• Visited October 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments. All our staff are very appreciative of positive feedback such as yours. Yes, Sovy does sing every night, for 2 customers or 20. We're very lucky to have his talents on show in our restaurant.
Canberra, Australia
“"What a Gem"”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Phil the owner makes you feel right at home the second you walk down the cute alley that open up into this great space tucked away from the street. My girlfriend and I only discovered this restaurant by accident as it's name is also the same as my partners (which also has a very beautifull story and meaning behind it for Phil) and thought hey why not we were very thankful we did what a great place fantastic food fantastic service with all Khmer staff who are all fantastic especially the young man with a beautiful voice whom we we were lucky enough to hear sing what a talent! and don't forget to ask Phil to show you the crocs next door 10/10 can't wait to come back!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Phil R, Owner at Genevieve's Restaurant, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks very much for writing such a great review - it means a lot to all of us at Genevieve's. It was also fun to meet another Genevieve!
Siem Reap
“A Gem of a venue”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

First things first the fish and chips meal is great here, I also enjoyed their lasagne. There are other dishes I want to try. For those who are familiar with Siem Reap, I find Pub Street garish these days, too much neon and frequently overcrowded. Genevieves , situated at the end of Sok San Road is away from the street and is just a calm and relaxing haven. Look for the sign, it is a bit tucked away. Staff and owner are all very helpful. English style roast dinner available , once per week I believe. Do give it a whirl..........you will be pleased to find the place.

• Visited October 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your Fish and Chips and that you find our place a haven away from the noise and bright lights. We're doing our best at making Genevieve's a great place to eat with equally good service and somewhere you can really relax and enjoy.
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had been looking for this place my whole stay in Siem Reap (upon recommendation from a friend) so I was stoked to have found it on my last night there. The food is of great quality and the staff are great. The owner wanders around and offers great menu suggestions.
Both the Khmer and western dishes were tasty (we had one of each) and it was fantastic value for money. Highly recommended!!

• Visited October 2013
We're glad you finally found us and that your experience at Genevieve's, hopefully, lived up your expectations. Our staff are rapt in your positive response to their work. Thanks again.