“Charming”

Genevieve's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 879 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Genevieve's is a Khmer/Western restaurant in Siem Reap, located close to Pub Street and the Old Market. At Genevieve's, we provide high quality food and service and have a commitment to contributing meaningfully to the community in Siem Reap.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Charming”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Fantastic place in a great location. Good mix of local and Western food, and the owner and staff are very polite and friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Phil R, Owner at Genevieve's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for your positive review - it means a lot to our staff. They love to work here and really appreciate positive customer feedback.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“One of the most memorable meals I have had in Siem Reap”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My friend came here on a lunchtime and I was saying where shall we go for dinner. Without a point of discussion she said we will go to Genevieve's. With that much conviction I knew we onto something special. It was a pleasant and lovely evening, that was made by the ambiance of the place. I felt truly relaxed there.

The service was great we were served quickly and we were given complimentary nuts and cold water towels. We all went for very different meals but we all enjoyed them very much and they were very well presented. I went for the signature pizza and it was very tasty, it was full of flavour. My taste buds were excited. It is rare to get such tasty food in Siem Reap. I will go here again all the ingredients of a great place and the ingredients of great food.

I almost forgot to mention the fantastic voice of the waiter who took a few minutes to sing to us. It was truly memorable.

• Visited July 2013
Phil R, Owner at Genevieve's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We're really pleased you had such a good experience at Genevieve's. Our staff are rapt to read your comments re the food etc. It means a lot to them to get positive feedback as they work hard to provide the food and atmosphere that you obviously enjoyed so much.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“A true gem of a restaurant in Siem Reap!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I came across this gem of a place after a recommendation from our Guesthouse. Nestled between two buildings, Genevieve's is a beautiful outdoor restaurant! They have a Khmer and Western menu! The music is a mixture of good Australian rock and some International pop songs thrown in. The pizzas are delicious, fresh home made bases and you should definitely try the margarita or even better The Genevieve! The owners are very friendly, easy going and happy to have a chat! On top of a great atmosphere, beautiful food, excellent value for money and awesome tunes, I believe that 30% of profits goes towards community programs in Siem Reap! Best of all it is away from the hustle and bustle of Pub Street and is perfect to eat out with a group of friends or your loved one! We will definitely be eating here again before we leave! :)

Phil R, Owner at Genevieve's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comments. They mean a lot to our hard-working staff. The pizzas are a new addition; we are really pleased with them and have heard very many favorable comments re the thin base, home- made sauce and the overall tastiness. Our aim is to provide the best food, whether it's $1.50 rice or $12 steak. We are grateful for any feedback - positive ones make us feel like all the effort is worthwhile. See you again!
Bonn
“Genevieve's makes me happy!!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Although the Genevieve's resaurant doesn't offer a Happy Pizza like many restaurants in the tourist area, I always leave Genevieve's happy and I'm looking forward to go there tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. What a pity that this sweet, little restaurant is closed today (it is Sunday). The food, the staff and the location is simply awesome.

After a humid day in Siem Reap it is so lovely that they welcome you with a cold towel, mineral water and peanuts. We've been cared for by very attentive staff.

The menu is very small but exquisite, what I appreciate. Every dish we've tried was excellent and well presented. Here a LITTLE foretaste:

-The tom yam soup with steam rice had a sensation of taste, never had a better one
-The burgers with a high quality well-spiced beef patty are served with chips and a salad with a delicious homemade dressing (After 5 month travelling I nearly forgot how olive-oil tastes, thanks for reminding me;-) AND That for 4 dollars!!!
aah and ask for mayonese, also freshly made in the kitchen! yummy!!!

I'm getting hungry now. So what can I say?! 5 star cuisine. Don't miss it!!!!

• Visited June 2013
Phil R, Owner at Genevieve's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Genevieve's makes us happy too. We love to serve good quality food at a reasonable price. Thank you for the very kind comments. Come back and see us again soon.
“NO NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Genevieve's restaurant offers
+ charming service
+ sympathic and competent staff
+ personal, warm atmosphere
+ a small, neatly structured menu combining khmer and western highlights
+ OUTSTANDING FOOD: fresh, well-spiced and simply delicious
+ very reasonable prices: much value for the money
+ they try everything to fullfill individual wishes and do not waste a thought about extra charging
+ 30% of profits for social engagement

We haven't found anything comparable to this so far. For us, there is no reason for the smallest complain.
It's a little backstreet, so make shure you do not miss it.

5* ... see you tonight ;-)

• Visited June 2013
Phil R, Owner at Genevieve's Restaurant, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Outstanding food! Thank you. We have no problem with customers asking for extras- sauces etc. without charging. Of course, if you want 2 serves of sausages and mash (the best mash I've ever tasted by the way), you'll need to pay. We think we're pretty good as well, so it's nice to hear such a positive review.