“Best Tour Guide I've Ever Had”
Review of Angkor Guide Sarak

Angkor Guide Sarak
Ranked #61 of 839 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello everybody! Welcome to my beautiful country of Cambodia. My name is Sarak, I am an English speaking tour guide and I am the owner of Angkor Guide Sarak. Please contact me by email or call my local number for your tour inquiry. We help to arrange for your private tour with tour guide, transportation, and the request from u. Thanks
San Francisco, California, United States
“Best Tour Guide I've Ever Had”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sarak was knowledgable, friendly and had an awesome smile. He made touring educational yet light hearted and fun. I've never had such an amazing tour in my life. Three days of touring has never been packed with such interesting sites, and not just hopping on and off a tour bus. He made it very comfortable by hiring a driver with an extremely comfortable van air conditioned with cold water to take us to each site. We not only saw the famous temples but we also went to the floating fishing village where we were able to interact with the local people. Our third day we were taken to a waterfall that was breathtaking where we could swim and I was able to meet two local little girls who hung out with us as we swung in the hammocks and ate lunch after swimming. Sarak took us to the best spots, with a perfect balance of local and touristy locations. He showed us the best food to eat and gave me more history than a professor could give. He was extremely smart and well-spoken, but still is a local Cambodian who can tell you the reality of being a Cambodian. He is very proud of his heritage, which made touring Cambodia even more special. This is my favorite trip I've ever been on and Sarak was a huge contributing factor to my trip's success. Seeing Cambodia is not complete until you get a tour from Sarak. Thank you Sarak and I hope we can keep in contact on Facebook!

Visited July 2013

“Excellent tour of the Angkor temples”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Fantastic one day tour of the Temples. Our guide was Sarak and he was excellent. He had a great knowledge of the area and history of Cambodia, took his time to explain the background of each temple and was willing to answer any further questions we had. He had a great sense of humour as well which made the day even more enjoyable. We would highly recommend him.

Visited July 2013
Albany, Australia
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Best guide and now friend in Siem Reap!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and myself booked Sarak through Trip Advisor before travelling to Siem Reap in late April and early May. All communication with Sarak before we even arrived in Cambodia was extremely prompt, informative and and a very easy process. With so many choices of things to see and do around Siem Reap, Sarak was exactly what we needed.
We visited over 3 days, Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm, Bantreay Srei, Banteay Samre and the Bayon Temples, the landmine museum and Tonle Sap Lake with a visit to the Meychrey fishing village.
I requested to visit a fishing village that was not over populated with tourists and Sarak definitely provided us with an experience we will never forget, best of all we only saw one other tourist boat at the end, bliss.
Sarah's knowledge of the temples, sights, culture etc is absolutely fantastic. Sarak asked where we would like to have lunch when visiting the Temples, we asked for somewhere quiet and local. Again Sarak delivered exactly what we wanted. We thoroughly enjoyed all of out time with Sarak and plan to revisit Cambodia again in the future and Sarak will be our number one guide and friend.
We asked Sarak on our second last night if he would like to join us as our guest for dinner as we enjoyed his company so much throughout our time with him. Sarak took us to a brilliant Seafood Restaurant, then we hit The Red Piano in Pub Street and have a fantastic evening..
The cons:
Very professional
Always on time
Flexible with itinerary
Great driver and car
Drinks supplied
Brilliant knowledge of Temples and Siem Reap
Really good sense of humour
Lets you set the pace
Most helpful guide I've ever met

Cons:
Absolutely none :)

Thank you Sarak, you helped us fall in love with your beautiful country and gave us numerous experiences that will last a lifetime.
Paula and Rick-:)

Visited May 2013
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Experience guide comes with great trip :)”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Thom (Sarak's close buddy) who was my guide during my 4 days 3 nights trip to Siem Reap was awesome. He speaks really good English and knows his stuffs as a guide really well. From the start of the trip till the end he shares with us everything along the way. He not only did his job as a guide well but he was also a good babysitter :) at times after a long walk he would help carry my 4 year old son and even held his hands at steep steps etc.
Overall Sarak's guide is reliable as he'll plan everything out for you and you don't have to worry about anything. All you have to do is just enjoy your trip :) the charges are also reasonable and worth it and will definitely recommended Sarak to my friends who are planning to visit Cambodia.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank eewon
Singapore
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Had a lovely time!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked Sarak for a tour around Banteay Srei and Beng Mealea and he was at our hotel bright and early. Along the way, we also dropped by the Landmine Museum. Sarak is professional, easy going and also very personable. We felt very comfortable with his company and soon, he was cracking jokes with us the whole trip!

Besides regaling us with the historical facts of the temples, Sarak also pointed out interesting things to us while we were travelling from one destination to the next. We saw villagers transporting pigs strapped to the back of their motor bike. Sarak also showed us the dragonfruit trees and at our lunch place, he jumped up and plucked a cashew nut fruit from the tree for us. He also accommodated us whenever we requested for picture stops.

We decided to add in the Roluos Group of temples (at extra cost) to complete the day. The temples at Roluos group were smaller but in my opinion, worth a visit as the architecture is a little different from the rest. It feels cosier and more intimate and it helped that there were not many tourists milling about and we could get nice pictures. Cambodia had just celebrated its Khmer New Year when we were there and we chanced upon a festival organised for the villagers at Lolei Temple. Sarak explained how the village games work to us too and gave a short demo haha

We had such a delightful time that we decided to book Sarak again the next day for a floating village tour! I do wish he had led us climbing over the ruins of Beng Mealea instead of walking on the boarded pathways :)

Visited April 2013