“Excellent, great staff - good value”

Saem Siemreap Hotel
Ranked #56 of 345 Hotels in Siem Reap
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent, great staff - good value”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We loved this hotel. From the pickup at the airport with a car and cold towels right to the end the service was great. The hotel itself is lovely.

Things we liked we that they also helped you book tuk-tuks/cars for exploring the temples. Little touches like giving the drivers a cool box full of complementary cold water made a big difference.

The food was lovely (amazing vegetable spring rolls and fish amok!), although we preferred to eat outside our room as the restaurant staff often outnumbered guests (I imagine this is different in busier seasons).

They also have two excellent computers which are handy to use and each room has a massive modern TV to review your photos from the day on.

In addition, I made an error and booked a twin (not double) room and they upgraded us for free.

The location is OK - but not central - that's why 4 and not 5 stars. This means it is quieter at night but does involve a short ride to town. That said, it's a short walk to the museum and circus - both a good things to do!

Thank you to the staff for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Room 101 by the pool and by on the ground floor is nice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jacksunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is a ten minute TukTuk ride from Pub Street which is the only negative. It is in a quiet street and has all 4 star facilities. Facilities include a spa which provides a very relaxing massage along with a gym and beautiful outdoor pool. It is a fairly small hotel in room numbers but the staff were very helpful particularly Mr Sor Sopheap who seemed to manage the place but was happy to personally assist his guests in whatever came up. The wifi service and breakfast was good and all included in the fairly modest room rate along with free transport to the airport by hotel car. Airport is only 20 minutes away

Room Tip: I received a free upgrade to a room overlooking the pool on the ground floor and found this very ple...
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I just returned from 4 nights at the Saem Siemreap Hotel and cannot say enough good things about the whole experience. After making my reservation through Booking.com I was contacted via email by the hotel so they could make arrangements for picking me up when I arrived by bus. From there it was nothing but excellent customer service.

A cold bottle of water and wet towel during the short ride to the hotel. Being told of the amenities while being escorted to my room and there receiving a welcome drink. Returning to my room after a short outing to find a fresh fruit plate. All these small jesters really made me feel like I was in a 5-star hotel.

I used one of the tuk tuk drivers at the hotel for the 3 days that I visited the temples of Angkor Wat. I was again impressed with the small details. The driver was excellent and each time I finished with a temple, he was waiting for me with a cold bottle of water and cold towel.

The breakfast buffet was great, a lot of variety including a made to order crepe station, made to order eggs and a noodle station. This in addition to other hot and cold items, fresh fruit, breads and fresh juice options. Plenty to choose from. Room service for dinner one night and that was excellent as well.

My room looked just like what I saw on the web site. Very clean and everything from the aircon, TV, plumbing to the WI-FI worked without any problems. I used the pool every night. The work out equipment looked clean and well maintained, but since I was on vacation, decided the temple walking was exercise enough.

As other people have mentioned, the hotel was not right downtown but on the way to Angkor Wat. Easy enough to get to town by tuk tuk. The location was one of the reasons I choose this hotel. I was traveling by myself and as a single female felt totally safe here and with the tuk tuk driver they arranged for my use.

When I read the hotel information in the room, I have to say I was impressed with the management's recommendation that tipping not be done with each individual employee. They provide a tipping box in the reception area and prefer that you leave tips there to be shared among all the employees. Just another small thing that made for a really relaxing stay.

Finally, I cannot say enough about the staff. They always greeted me with a smile and made me feel very welcome. You could also tell they took their jobs seriously. The perfect mix of friendliness and professionalism.

I have done quite a bit of traveling and this is by far one of the best places I have ever stayed. When I have a chance to return to Siem Reap, this will definitely be the hotel I return to.

4 Thank Deanne H
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The lovely staff of the Saem Siemreap Hotel offer genuine 5-star-plus service with a smile that I have hardly ever experienced before in a similar way. The hotel is only about a year old and features lovely, spacious and clean contemporary rooms with a traditional note that are a pleasure to stay in. The location is far enough from the busy town center to be serene and quiet at night, but still only a short tuk-tuk ride away and actually fairly close to the Angkor Wat park entrance. Breakfasts are good, but not outstanding. If you have a chance, try out the hotel spa - therapist Vanny gives excellent massages. All in all, highly recommended.

Lund, Sweden
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Me and my 4 friends stayed at this hotel for about 4 days in may 2014. Not many people lived at this hotel which was perfect because we had the big pool and the gym for ourselves. The staff was very friendly and helped us in organising different trips with our own tour guides.
The rooms were very clean and fresh.
The hotel restaurant was very nice, and the breakfast was one of the best I have enjoyed during my whole trip through Cambodia and Vietnam.
The Spa at this hotel was excellent. The manager even arranged that the Spa would open an hour earlier just for us so we wouldn't miss out on our flight later that day. The massage was very nice and all the staff was very professional and kind, especially Kheom Vanny who was very sweet.
Overall, this hotel is worth visiting and the service was great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bengt O
Succasunna, New Jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Beautiful rooms, excellent food, helpful staff, and a $2 Tuk Tuk ride away from the night market.
The concierge, Sok Sopheap, arranged our trip to the temples of Angkor for us. The temples are minutes away from the hotel and our guide was absolutely AMAZING! He knew where to go to avoid the crowds and was well-versed in the fascinating history of each location we visited. He spoke and understood English perfectly, so there was no problem with communication.
The hotel staff was accommodating and solicitous- but allowed us our privacy.
If I return to Siem Reap- I would not stay anywhere else. This hotel was AWESOME!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank GopChapman
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Around 5 min by tuk-tuk (USD2) to Pub Street. Good customer service. Air-cond in the room was cold enough (this is important since the temperature outside was 40 degree celcius). There is a restaurant nearby (Neary Restaurant) the hotel that served khmer food which is worth trying.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends