“Relaxed, friendly, Small Hotel.”

Saem Siemreap Hotel
Ranked #55 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were collected from the airport in an air conditioned car and offered water and cold towels. Having only paid pennies for a private transfer (What I though would just be a basic cab), this was a great start to our holiday.
The hotel is not far from the airport (15 minutes max - all Cambodians drive very slowly) and on arrival we found they had up-graded our room. I had emailed the hotel before traveling asking them for a bottle of champagne in the room as it would be my boyfriends birthday. The champagne was there, but on top of that they staff also brought a cake with candles and sung to my partner before leaving us to settle in. It was a lovely first impression.

The hotel is small (which is why we chose it) and very professional. The staff are all very friendly and eager to please. They are not tip beggars as the hotel has a policy of asking guests to tip at the end of their stay then the tips can then be shared out to all staff including the non customer facing ones.
The pool was perfect. We never had to share it with more than four people and it was always very peaceful. Poolside service was available but the staff only ever appeared when you needed them so you never felt watched over.
The hotel offers great value. The food in the restaurant is very nice, although we found that breakfast didn't really have much for us, but it wasn't an issue. The lunchtime menu was restricted but we found that if you asked for something else they were always happy to cook it for you if they had it.

The spa was lovely. Very professional and friendly. I found that we didn't need to give a lot of notice when booking appointments which was good as we're not very good at keeping to time tables when there's so much to do out and about.

The rooms were very clean and the cleaners would clean twice a day if you desired. The shower was constantly hot, had good power and very roomy. The bed was a kingsize and very comfortable, although I found the pillows too big and resorted to sleeping with my head on a t-shirt rolled up. I'm sure if I had have asked the hotel they would have been able to provide me with a different one.

The road to the hotel is now a proper one. Lots of reviews refer to a dirt track, this was the case when we arrived but during our stay they tarmacked it (not disturbing us at all either).
The hotel Tut tut drivers are always on call and know everywhere you could possibly want to go. There is a fix rate tariff of what is costs to do what so you always know what you are paying, but often we paid more as we felt the service and sometimes distance we asked to go deserved more.
We asked our driver to take us to a floating village further out which was apparently less touristy, he looked it up and drove us an hour and a half to see a sight very worth the journey and then drove us back. He asked for the same fee as if he'd taken us to the very local floating village simply because his tariff said that was the price to a floating village. The service and his knowledge (tut tut 14) were second to none.

Overall a great holiday in a great hotel. We would recommend it and would visit again.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room. Lovely! We could walk straight into the pool but were never disturbed by...
1  Thank LP1484
Write a ReviewReviews (1,722)

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Just a 5 min tuk tuk from the frenzy of town is the calm oasis of a pretty frangipani flanked pool, generously sized bedrooms featuring wooden floors and marble bathrooms, and elegant staff that say "welcome back" every time you return. Price was amazing value for the pool cabana with patio where we stayed, and the service is impeccable. Linens always fresh and white. Bathrobes, slippers, amenities and all you'd expect from a five star resort. You can tell the staff are happy working here. The senior supervisor Mr Sorheap even personally escorted us to the airport after our seven night stay during Khmer New Year. Breakfast is plentiful and the staff accommodating. Dinner and wine very decent and a good price. Neighborhood is very local but I would say very safe, despite the approach up a bumpy dirty road with khmer bars to one side (very tame) and in the other direction, the development of luxury detached houses. The only quibbles I had were that the evening dining room was too brightly lit and the bedroom lighting didn't go bright enough when you needed it, and the pillows were a bit hard for me. I would go back though.

Room Tip: Pool cabana definitely worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TousLesMatins
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel was recently built in Cambodian style and manages to retain a traditional atmosphere in the public spaces. It is on a quite side street a distance from the main tourist area, but tuk-tuks are available to take you anywhere in town for $2. The rooms are very comfortable, with air conditioning, room service, free wifi, flat screen TV, and small balconies. There is also a very nice garden and pool area, which I enjoyed because it was very hot when we were there in March. The staff members were very responsive. Once our room key card did not work and someone showed up within minutes with a new one. We also had a problem with the safe that was taken care of very quickly. The breakfast buffet was very nice, with both western and Asian foods, fruit, pastry, and an omettle station. This hotel is priced very low (around $50 US) and would have cost about four times that much in the US.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaestraM
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed in this hotel on 11th - 15th April 2014. prior to arriving, requested the hotel to make few arrangement to my room as suprise to my wife. i must say the Front Office Senior Supervisor done a great job to personally ensure all arrangement is in place and personally greet me as i was walking out from the airport arrival gate. Small establishment of around 70++ rooms. though it is out of the city area (around 2.5km tuk tuk ride), it is peaceful and the staff are superb. They always make you felt at home, address you by name and constantly serve with smile.

3  Thank CK_Ong8271
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We found a special rate for this hotel on expedia.de for 140€ for four nights incl. breakfast. We also got an upgrade to a pool view room, which was great.
The service was fantastic. It seemed like every time we left the room for two hours, the cleaning staff made the bed and replaced the towels.
There were also extra towels on the deckchairs around the pool, which were replaced right after the guest left.
Also the staff around the house (concierge, breakfast etc.) were always extremely friendly and helpful.
The hotel is a 5-minute Tuktuk ride away from the city centre, which costs $2 one way.
The breakfast offered everything we could wish for: Asian warm dishes, fresh fruit, cereals, pastry, crepes, sometimes bacon, eggs etc.
We can definitely recommend it - especially if you can get a discount at your travel agenet / website.

3  Thank Susanne B
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I booked this hotel 2 weeks prior to us actually flying to Siem Reap. Our choices were limited and expensive. I chose this hotel because it was the most affordable at the time and with the best reviews. We did not regret this decision. The hotel arranged for a car to pick us up and they were waiting for us when we landed with air-conditioner on and cold bottles of water as well as wash cloths. The hotel is on a dirt road driving through a very non touristy part of Siem reap which could be a little over whelming but then you come to this safe haven. The room we received was on the ground floor which may be the reason why there were a lot of mosquitoes there and it is probably better higher up. The hotel staff tried their best and sprayed mosquito repellants but the mosquitoes were relentless. It is in a heavily populated neighbor hood and you may hear soem dogs howling in the night and some people if you are close to the boundary wall which we were but it wasnt too unpleasant. We ate here on all days because we were too tired to venture out anywhere after a long day of tomb raiding. The food was tasty and well presented. The breakfast was also excellent and plentiful. They were very prompt in answering e -mails and helped me to get the bus tickets to Phnom phen as well as Apsara dance tickets. On the second night it was my husbands birthday and they surprised him with a cake at midnight!. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable. Its a newer hotel with some kinks but they are trying to figure these out. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aimen
Reviewed April 15, 2014

On arrival into Siem Reap airport I was met be Saren holding a sign up with my name as I had advised them of my arrival flight be email, return transfers were complimentary. Saren was so friendly it made me feel very welcome and I thank her for that, was handed a very refreshing cold facecloth and bottle of water. Sopheap was the driver a very safe and courteous driver and very professional he is also one of the concierges at the hotel. Saren explained many different things to do in Sieam Reap and also the hotel facilities on the way to the hotel, when we arrived she helped me with check in while I had a welcome drink and another cold towel all very welcome as it was a very hot day. On the way to my room 404 Saren showed me where everything was, so helpful.
The room was clean and modern, good amenities and toiletries. Comfortable bed with plenty of room, the balcony had great views of the pool and surrounding area with the added sunset view.
The pool area was lovely, relaxing and pool very clean and refreshing. Staff were friendly and professional always waiting if you needed something. Pool towels are available on the sun lounge chairs, and drinks and food also available.
I had one of the packages at the spa that included a foot glow, body glow which was a scrub and massage. I had the foot and body glow one day and the massage the next. If staff could not understand english they would call a staff member that could so very helpful. I never had a problem with the language barrier, as most could speak english well.
My tuk tuk driver Mr Raly number 12 was assigned to me for my stay, he was a careful driver and knowledgable about the area. Was so helpful as the hotel staff would call him and he would be there. He would always keep his eye out for me specially at the temples I could never see him but he would call me, which was great as there are so many tuk tuks there.
I arranged all my trips through the hotel, I used Mr Raly for all except the Floating village sunset cruise and dinner. The staff were always so helpful, going out of their way to help. I know there are some guests that do not treat them with respect but they should as all staff members go out of their way to help and are very professional and friendly.
Breakfast was a wonderful buffet with great choices including a noodle, egg and pancake station. Staff again friendly and professional. A great way to start the day.
Free wifi was a major benefit included in the tarrif, and worked well when travelling alone and this being your only source of contact with family and friends.
The road has been finished outside the hotel now, however you are in Cambodia so other roads have quite a few pot holes so expect sometimes a bumpy ride does add to the experience.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Siem Reap, the staff are amazing and the hotel facilities are great. Keep smiling.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo