“Beautiful balmy and breathtaking”

Saem Siemreap Hotel
Ranked #56 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had a wonderful time. The hotel is super gorgeous and has complimentary pool, gym, steam room, dry sauna, and breakfast. Super friendly service. And had a massage with Vahn Chiva, who was super professional and very skilled. Very relaxing and idyllic experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KurtisSK
There are newer reviews for Saem Siemreap Hotel

Reviewed October 25, 2013

It is a fantastic hotel, basic but very clean. Courteous and helpful staff. The rooms are just as good as any five star property and the bathrooms are clean. My initial preference was Park Hyatt but the price was just ridiculous. This property is definitely value for money and I think I will come back. The croaking frogs and the neighbour's dog could give you sleepless nights though.

1  Thank JeanineJAK
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We absolutely adore the Saem Siemreap Hotel and would go back in a heartbeat. We stayed for 8 days, and from the moment Sopheap and the driver collected us from our bus to the sad moment we waved goodbye, we were comfortable and happy there. The staff is incredibly well trained and genuinely friendly and helpful. The decor and the gardens are stunning, and our 14 year old daughter loved the pool. To top it off, the hotel is Cambodian-owned, so you know that you are contributing to the local economy too. Take their advice on tours - we loved the quad biking and the guide we had to the temples was fantastic. And enjoy that lovely breakfast. Sigh.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kath N
Reviewed October 24, 2013

we e mailed last minute and asked for an airport pick-up...and there they were...took us for a little peek at Angkor on the way..without being asked., the hotel is small , all rooms overlook the pool.which was absolutely pristine... It's the cleanest hotel I,ve ever stayed in.. Beautiful. The young staff are all keen to please. The breakfast was lovely. It was very quiet so if you want hustle and bustle it's nor for you..The Hotel is a little oasis of calm a little way out of town..but there are always tuk-tuks available to take you on the 10 minute/$2 journey and its a super way to travel. We were so pleased to have found it.

Room Tip: the rooms above the restaurant probably have the sunnier balconies..
2  Thank lorras31
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here the first week of October 2013. We were picked up at the airport in a really nice air conditioned van and by a super attentive member of staff who spoke perfect English and was very helpful. He even drove us via the ticket office at Ankor Wat so we could scout out the best way to get our tickets before sunrise the next day. Upon arrival at the hotel he then even helped us book a bike for the next morning and recommended the best place to watch the sunset.

The hotel itself if really ncie. Very new and GREAT value for money. We got a pool side room with a sitting area outside as it was on offer. Just lovely. The bathroom and room were spotless and brand new. We had a great nights sleep. The only downside was that we didn't get enough of it as we were waking up at 4:30 to catch the sunrise over the temples.

This also meant we didn't sample the breakfast. The hotel do provide packed breakfasts, and I have to say ours was a bit of a let down so best to save yourself for the buffet when you get back from temple exploration. We did however have an ice cream by the pool (which is also very nice), and it was delicious. The only other minor downside I would post is the location, which is just off the main bit. Not a problem however as tuk tuks are plentiful and cheap and the hotel have some of their own which are always on call for the guests (you still have to pay though).

All in all I think this is a great place to stay. Wish we could have been there longer to check out the spa etc which looked well equiped.

Room Tip: We had a terrace room by the pool which was great in the off season, but perhaps would have been a b...
3  Thank Banana_face_09
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was what Expedia suggested. When we arrived, the concierge was incredibly friendly - so much so that I was thrown off at first. But once you realize that the entire staff there genuinely want you to enjoy your stay at their facility and enjoy their country, it becomes clear that their friendliness is sincere.

The lobby is beautiful and the room was clean and comfortable. The only thing that bothered me the first night was a loud frog making noise outside on a neighboring property...but that certainly can't be blamed on the hotel and it added to the experience. Breakfast was a great mix of Asian and western foods and was delicious.

There was also a group of tuk tuk drivers outside near the hotel, so even though it's located off the main strip, we had no problem getting to and from wherever we wanted to go. In fact, on our first night, we needed to go to a dinner show where we had reservations. The tuk tuk driver took us there and when we arrived, he quoted me a one way price or round trip price. I took the round trip option and actually paid him in full (half expecting him not to be there when we got out). To my pleasant surprise, when we got out of the restaurant, he was waiting for us with umbrella in hand. I was so happy that I ended up paying him even more! That same driver (I never got his name but he had the number "10" on the side of the cart) ended up taking us roundtrip to our dinner on the second night as well. What great service!!

On our third and final day, I booked us for the cooking class the hotel offered. I saw other cooking classes in nearby restaurants for less, but I wanted to cook and eat indoors after a long hot day on day 2, and I'm glad I made that decision. The trip to the market was fun and the chefs/staff at the class were really really helpful and fun. They wanted to do more than just show you how to make a dish. They wanted you to embrace the food that they seem to be very proud of making. It seemed like they were having just as much fun teaching the class and taking pictures with us just as we were taking pictures of them. It was worth every cent and the food was all really really good!

That afternoon, we also took advantage of the Thida Spa at the hotel (since booking the cooking class got us a 30% discount). I LOVED my 90 minute compression massage. Even if we paid full price, it would've been 1/3 what you'd pay at Burke Williams or a similar facility in CA. The therapist was also really attentive. They gave you the full 60 or 90 minutes (not the -10 minutes you deal with here for "changing" time).

I had already booked my temple tour through Expedia, but the hotel will do all that for you if you just come on a whim. I also learned that they provide free transportation to/from the airport.

Although the location of the hotel is off the main street, I much preferred it because it was quiet and didn't feel "touristy" at all. The staff also seemed to go above and beyond to make your stay special. I would definitely recommend this place!!!

Room Tip: It seemed to me that most (if not all) the rooms had balconies that faced into the pool area. Beaut...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ballofur2003
Reviewed October 19, 2013

4-star hotel at 5-star service!

Pros:
1) Very attentive & polite staff, care for your every needs, personalized & prompt service
2) Hotel is new. Room is quite big. Design of room is simple, but practical. Beds are comfortable.
3) The food at the hotel's Silver Restaurant is delicious, high quality & well presented. Waiters are very alert, polite and service is fast.
4) The hotel's Thida Spa is also recommended. We've tried the facial, legs & body massage and they're just great.
5) Friendly and very responsible Hotel Tuk-Tuk driver (Mr. BUN). He is english & mandarin speaking, gave us suggestions about our itinerary & always explain to us about the history of temples and ruins.

Cons:
1) Hotel isn't located beside the main road & you can't go to city by walking. However, this isn't a problem as hotel Tuk-Tuk are always ready to take you to anywhere (at very reasonable price).

In short, Saem is indeed a 4-star hotel at 5-star service.

Room Tip: Pool View room & it's good. If possible, choose the Cabana Premier room, it's easy acces...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chin R