“Matched only by a Michelin starred Indian Chef”
Review of Dakshin's

Dakshin's
Ranked #37 of 881 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Poole Dorset
“Matched only by a Michelin starred Indian Chef”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Having read the Trip Advisor reviews we were still not expecting a meal of such near perfection. We over ordered to try a few dishes. The samosas were sensational lamb and vegetable, crisp but dry with little oil or gee evident. How others could learn.! The sheek kebab similar but my wife and I had two signature dishes- butter chicken and lamb pepper pot. Both were stunning as was the Nan bread and mutter paneer.
At $58 for two including wine and drinks it was money well worth spent. If you are in siem reap and would like something different try this. You will not regret it. Fantastic

• Visited March 2013
Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hi Sir/Mdm,
Wow sir and madam what a motivating review.We at Dakshin's just did what one should do to any guest in a restaurant.As a food lover and a passionate restaurateur i did what love doing most.My guest satisfaction is my top priority regardless of what their average check was.I just recommended what to me was one of our top selling dish as well as my favorite.Your review has motivated me to even try and improve the standards.Thank you sir and have a pleasant vacation in Vietnam.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Rotkreuz
“Excellent Food And Service”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have enjoyed the dinner in this restaurant. The food recomandation and service were excellent.The lassi's were yummy. Everything is clean (inluding restroom).

• Visited March 2013
Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hi Sir/mdm,
I am glad that you had a wonderful dining experience at Dakshin's.We at Dakshin's take our business with loads of passion and are always kept motivated to excel with guest like you and rest who have dine with us and posting great reviews what else can one expect.Thank you so much for taking your precious time to write a review Sir.
“Amazing Indian!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I read the reviews on TA and decided to try this place. Being from New York, our standards were high. We both agreed: dakshin was excellent. We ordered the vegetable samosas, chicken tikka masala, palak paneer and the waiter persuaded us to get the butter chicken. All dishes were incredibly tasty, high quality, and would compete toe-to-toe with our favorite Indian restaurant in New York. In fact, the butter chicken blew us away. We also ordered the plain nan and the rice biryani. Again, both were very tasty and authentic. Portions were a good size, and the whole meal including 2 waters and 2 beers cost less than $35. The service was extremely attentive, the kitchen - open and super clean, and the owners are a lovely Indian family who are so passionate about cooking and customer service. Do yourself a favor and try this place! You won't be disappointed!

Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hi Sir and Mdm,
Glad to know that you had a gastronomic dining experience art Dakshin's.We at Dakshin's a passionate to our business and being a food connoisseur i am committed to serving our valued guest great food and excellent personal service always ever ready to assist my guest with choice of dish according to their palate.You can always count on Dakshin's.Our guest are all responsible for what we have achieved since opening in late Dec 2013.Thank you so much.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Clean and tasteful!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place has three great things that are worth to mention. First, it is one of the cleanest restaurants I have seen in Asia. The kitchen has large windows where you can even watch the cooks preparing your meals. Second, the cooks in this Indian restaurant are Indians (which is not the case in many other places)! And the food taste simply great! In addition, the stuff is extremely friendly and they tell you everything you want to know about the food. The owner, Indian of course, gives you recommendations and really takes care about his clients.

All in all, a great place and definitely worth to be visited when being in Siem Reap.

• Visited February 2013
Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi Sir.
It was great having you dining at Dakshin's having a wonderful time and also being observant about the restaurant cleanliness,the chef etc.At Dakshin's we believe in giving the best to our valued guest and making them feel at home.Dakshin's is passionate about the food that is being served to our guest.Our guest is our top priority and that the reason we are in the business.We will strive to maintain our standard in all aspect food,service,cleaniness etc.Thank you very much for the motivating review,
Bad Berleburg, Germany
“nice”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I think I have finally found an Indian restaurant that is authentic for me.
Other than that, the decor is beautiful and the food tastes great (I think... after the spiciness you can't really tell what you are eating anyway).

Visited February 2013
Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi Sir,
Thank you very much for reviewing about your dining experience at Dakshin's.I am happy that i met up to your standards with a 4 star rating.We may have fall short somewhere to achieve a 5 star rating but be rest assured that Dakshin's will strive to achieve that during your next visit.Have a pleasant day and all the best to you Sir