“Aussie Oasis in the Back streets of Siem Reap”
Review of Jeanie's Cafe

Jeanie's Cafe
Ranked #330 of 953 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jeanie's Cafe a small cafe within a guesthouse, Angkor Voyage Villa, in Sok San St, Siem Reap. We have been running the guesthouse and Jeanie's Cafe for just over 3 years. We are very lucky to have 3 wonderful cooks who can produce tasty, fresh food of all types, regardless of the fact that the kitchen is very small. Whilst living in Siem Reap, my husband and I support about 4 small schools on the outskirt of Siem Reap, by employing the students, and by sending guests out to visit the schools. I hope you enjoy your meal...!!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I first visited the city a couple of years ago and just before we left on a morning bus we wondered into Jeanie's, just across from our Hostel for probably the best reasonably priced breakfast in town.
Having now come back two years later I found the same glowing hospitality from the Australian Owners, Claire and Bob, and their Cambodian staff. The menu selection was better and the Big Breakfast, the meal which brought me back, was as good as before at $6. The menu had expanded to include Western Comfort food, including almost Canadian Poutine which delighted my travel companion from Vancouver.
The service was very friendly despite the occasional need for sign language with some staff. Even though I wasn't staying there they were more than happy to give me directions to a couple of places I wished to see.
All in all 5/5, I am a big fan.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love Jeanies cafe and eat here regularly as I spend about 3 months each year in Siem Reap. The Chicken Curry is divine, probably the best in Siem Reap. The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to make the customers happy. As I mostly eat vegetarian food they happily adapt some of their dishes for me. The Potato Rosti is another favourite, served with crispy fresh salad and an egg on top. For good old comfort food you can't go past the Poutine! If you've never had it pop in and give it a try, but be warned! It's addictive :-). This is my favourite place to just sit in the evenings enjoying a glass of Aussie wine and watching the passing parade on Sok San st. They do a great Breakfast too, with a good selection of yummy omelettes and even for something simple they have fresh baked baguettes from the local bakery with butter and jam served with a plunger of Vietnamese coffee. Never had a bad meal here!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Thai omelette here is a great way to start the day and there are plenty of other choices for healthy breakfasts. It was always a pleasure to be greeted with friendly staff in a homely atmosphere. The mix of Khmer and western dishes provided lots of options for frequent dining - the Amok fish was superb! Definitely worth a wander down Sok San Street.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a great little cafe in Siem Reap. The food is fresh and very tasty. They seem to be able to cater for any taste and you can have khmer or western "aussie" style food. Just loved the vegetarian omelette for breakfast and the pork sausages are to die for. The staff are very warm and welcoming and they have good hints and tips for travelling in the local area. I can definitely recommend this place to you all. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have eaten at Jeanie's Cafe on many occasions for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is always good, prepared fresh, and served by friendly helpful staff. The choice of Khmer, Asian and Western food is wide, and the serves are very generous.
The managers and staff serve as both cafe staff, and tourist information officers, giving great advice and information about places to go and things to see whilst in Siem Reap. Some of their suggestions do not appear in the travel guides, but are sure to show the real people of Siem Reap.
I have visited Siem Reap on 4 occasions, and Jeanie's Cafe is always on my list of "must visit" eating places.