“Oasis in Siem Reap”

Kiri Boutique Hotel
Ranked #147 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked two nights based on other travel reviews and ended up adding a third. Very comfortable, great a/c, spacious rooms, very quiet and safe. The property is beautiful with a pool and 3rd floor open air restaurant with a nice view of the property. There is a lovely pool and poolside bar. Breakfast was included in the room - continental style with fresh pastries, coffee, tea, juice, fresh fruit and choice of eggs or noodle dishes. Wish they would offer real orange juice instead of Tang tho.

From our welcome with a face towel and iced tea, to our reluctant departure, the staff bent over backwards to provide whatever service we needed. Kim San, the owner, was very friendly and helpful with suggestions and travel arrangements, and made sure we had good English speaking tuk tuk drivers. We LOVED head tuk tuk driver Mr. Bun-Sdeong, who took us out to the Landmine Museum and through small villages where we saw another side of Siem Reap. Incredible, humbling and awe-inspiring. He was so gracious and patient as we asked to stop every 5 minutes for pictures. He spoke excellent English and was able to answer our questions and help educate us about Cambodian culture, food and daily life. HIGHLIGHT of our trip!!

We didn't take advantage of the hotel's free pickup service and our tuk tuk driver from the bus station had a little trouble finding it, so I would recommend using their service. Also, the unpaved road to the hotel can get REALLY muddy and full of potholes so the drive was a bumpy adventure. The good news is they are paving the road this month so it's a non-issue.

Don't miss this gem.

Room Tip: Our room on the poolside, 2nd floor had a little seating area on the balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WCMamaD

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at the Kiri Boutique Hotel. New facility with very clean rooms and a nice salt water pool. A bit off the beaten path but only a short tuk-tuk ride to the old town and pub street. Staff is very friendly and helpful, but occasionally the language barrier comes into play. There is a restaurant on the premises that has a variety of items but the food is just average. Overall, a good value for the price.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2013

They do a free airport pick up service - already a good start.

We choose Kiri after reading some of the reviews on TA.

We were not disappointed. The price is very reasonable, the room was very clean, comfortable and full of all the modern coms. The surroundings are very relaxing and the pool is a very nice and welcomed comfort.

But what is really nice about this place is the staff. Very helpful, kind and making all the efforts to make our stay as comfortable as they could.

Services: the food is good and there is a nice view from the roof top restaurant. Perfect for a cold beer after a busy day visiting the temples.

We used their tok tok driver (nr11) for all our stay and he was great - very safe and very nice.

We didn't try their tour guides. For the first day we took a day from the official guide company, but didn't find it that useful. To be honest, if you have a good tok tok driver and a handy guide (Lonely Plant is good enough) you will be fine.

Also if you are going to see the sunrise at Ankor Wat - a good spot is to go on the right hand side by the library - less people and a very good view.

Overall we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Kiri Boutique Hotel is home away from home. The hotel actually looks like a home converted into a small, charming hotel. From the time I arrived till the day I checked out I really felt important and very much welcome. All the staff are extra friendly and did the extra mile to fulfill my needs. I was traveling solo and I like the solitude the hotel gave me. It is a little bit off from the main road and about 5 minutes tuk tuk ride to the old market and Pub street. It was really quiet and peaceful at night and I got my most restful sleep in weeks there.
I like my room with the view of the pool which is really nice and perfect for lazing out after a day tour of the temples.
Breakfast is rather just OK and acceptable for the price I paid. Don't expect lots of choices or variations.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who are in midrange budget and would stay there again the next time I'll be in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The pool is very nice and clean and the staff are very friendly. There is always a tuk-tuk waiting outside the hotel at a fixed price of $1 to the Old Market/Pub St area. Not really walking distance though so be prepared to pay for a tuk-tuk everytime you want to go anywhere.

There is an in-room massage service that is priced pretty OK (more expensive than a massage parlour but its in the privacy, convenience and cleanliness of your own room). I havnt gotten massage yet so cannot comment on quality of massage.

Breakfast menu is a standard continental breakfast or fried rice/noodles. Fairly basic but was included in my room rate and the resturant is on a comfortable third floor (stair acessed) terrace with view over the pool.

The reason why I have had to give an "average" rating is because I was given room 212 which has a window facing the side road. I have a view of a pile rubbish bags lying on the road which os very unappealing and the reason I have kept the curtains closed my whole stay. Its also 3pm and my room hasnt been cleaned/made yet but the past two days they did. So not sure what's up today

I would say this hotel is clean and comfortable, but would definitely reccomend a pool view room. (which is more expensive though)

Room Tip: pool view or else you will get a view of the dirty side street
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank edwinlin88
San K, Owner at Kiri Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Value customer,
Greetings from Kiri Boutique Hotel! I am Kim San, owner and I would love to say thank you for choosing Kiri Boutique Hotel for your recent stay in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the environment or view outside the hotel and by the way my house keeping staff went late to clean the room at around 3 pm, and I would like to apologize on behalf of Kiri Boutique Hotel for this.

This is the reason why you have had to give an "average" rating. Please accept my apologies for inconvenience.
I was very happy to meet you and talk in the morning before you checked out and left the hotel for airport.

If you return to Siem Reap at any time we would love the opportunity to present our improvements to you. Please enjoy the remainder of your holiday and we wish you a safe trip back to your home country. Thank you so much and hope to see you again one day.

Best wishes,
Kim San, owner of Kiri Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Kiri Boutique Hotel in Sept 2013 and it was wonderful!!! We had booked 2 nights and we liked it so much we stayed another night! I can't say enough about the excellent, friendly staff who continually went above and beyond to fulfill our every need. We had great massages in our room, delicious food in the open air restaurant, and relaxing time around the beautiful pool. This was one of our favorite hotels we've stayed at on our travels around Southeast Asia. I can't recommend this charming hotel enough!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Megan W
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here with my boyfriend for four nights and the hotel is just great.

Rooms are spacious, clean and modern. Clean sheets and towels! Pool is also clean and nice. Breakfast is average, but they always asked if we need something more and everytime they prepared us an second omelet without extra charge. Really good service, staff always ready to help and they all were so kind!

Tuktuk to the old market only 1$ from the hotel, to the airport 5$ and Angkor Wat half day tour 15$.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Siem Reap! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple