“Highlight of Our Entire Trip!”

Sabai Adventures Cambodia - Day Tours
Ranked #111 of 819 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Sabai Adventures is an excellent way to experience the beauty, history and tranquility of Cambodia on guided tours. Join us on one of our journeys as you drive a moto or tour in a vintage military jeep. Visit traditional villages seldom seen by foreigners, explore ancient temples, pass along rice fields and see a fascinating rural culture. Join the Sabai Culture tours, an enriching program that takes you to experience the historic heritage of art, technology and spirituality of the ancient empire. Visit a traditional Khmer martial art school, see stone masons working on carvings for the temples, learn about Buddhism from a monk or see young dancers being trained in the historic royal performance. A truly unique experience of a lifetime!
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Highlight of Our Entire Trip!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hello there travelers!

Before I start, I need to say that the title of this review is not an exaggeration. It truly was a memorable experience, and it wouldn't have been as spectacular if it weren't for our guides and how the tour was conducted.

My partner and I had done the usual thing when a tourist goes to Siem Reap, we saw Angkor Wat and were amazed by the scale, and impeccable skills of an ancient civilization. We wanted to go more in depth into the culture, and figured that seeing the local villages would be a great way to do so.

We contacted Sabai Adventures, and agreed that the "Forgotten Treasures" moto tour was the best option for us. We wanted a full day of adventure, and we certainly do not regret it.
The next day we met up with Norman and So Chi. They came to pick us up from our hotel and took us to a quiet location to practice our moto riding. Both were extremely friendly and patient! I was a little worried about driving a moto by myself (as I have never ridden anything of the sort!) but Norman assured me that it's easy, and to not worry about changing gears so much. (Pretty much stayed in third gear the whole time!) This advice went a long way, as my mind would have been too occupied to take in the beautiful scenery.

Once we were all sure that my partner and I were confident, we set off on our eight hour ride!
We went in the wet season, which has a lot of plus sides! The rice fields were an amazing near neon green, the ride was nice and cool, and there were lots of children playing/fishing in natural pools. The terrain was sometimes a challenge, especially since I was a newbie rider, but this only added to my sense of accomplishment! Plus, the guides always checked behind to see if we were okay, especially through the wet dirt roads. They also stressed to us that if we ever needed help, a break, or a photo...! that we could stop at any time. Example, So Chi had to help me out of the mud (no hesitation on his part! not afraid to get dirty), he also rode me up a steep rocky incline as I wasn't confident to do it myself. The guides do not judge, and we all had a good laugh at my "newbie clumsiness".

Midway through the trip we arrived at the Beng Mealae temple, which was absolutely STUNNING. It truly looked forgotten, especially since it is not as touristy as the beautiful Angkor Wat. Norman accompanied us, and we also got a temple guide (who was not pushy). Our guide led us through the nooks and crannies of this temple (off the footpath). So we crawled and climbed through the mossy ancient rocks, while the guide pointed out great photo opportunities. We tipped him a modest amount, as we felt he made sure we were safe, and he was enthusiastic.

I have one thing to say to travelers who are going in the green season... They don't call it the green season for nothing... EVERYTHING is BRIGHT green! The rice fields, the grass, the trees, the temples...! This is why I will not forget this experience, everything looked so crisp and fresh, and the air soothed the soul. I wouldn't have my trip any other way, there were challenging times, but there were also very easy times when I could just ride, look around and wave to the wide eyed children and curious locals. (A local lady laughed at me for dipping the bike in a decent puddle and getting my feet wet!) It was incredible seeing country life, and giving way to herds of working cattle and water buffalo.

We made stops along the way for water, snacks, and lunch. We met a couple of locals who spoke no English, but So Chi was happy to translate for us.
Two pieces of advice, if you're going on a big trip like us, bring 1L of water (minimum) especially in the hotter months. Secondly, if you're lady, try to be modest in your attire. Wear knee length pants and a t-shirt, or a blouse over a singlet. The locals seem to be sensitive about exposed skin (especially white skin).

I've made a lot of effort in writing this review, because I believe Sabai Adventures are doing a great thing in giving tourists something that is priceless. That is to see into the kind nature, but equally, the resilience and utmost strength of the Khmer people.

Peace, and safe travels my friends.

Kara <3

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great morning”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Here for several days in Siem Reap, we discovered this agency through TA and could not have been more pleased. We booked the half-day tour and were picked up promptly by a friendly knowledgeable guide who spoke very good English and a friendly tuk-tuk driver who actually remembered us from having driven us to our hotel from the Night Market two nights beforehand. First we had a great visit to a local monastery and spent over an hour with a monk who is currently studying English at a local university, then we visited a stone and wood carving company and witnessed the intricacies of the trade close-up. Lastly was a most exciting visit to a Bokator studio, an ancient martial art practiced during Angkor times, in which I luckily and of course wisely resisted the impulse to take-down the Master. Never rushed during our visits, we are really pleased that we discovered this tour. Now if I can convince my wife to go on their motorbike tour of the countryside........"

Visited October 2013
1 Thank E1mb
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sabai ”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

For those adventure people. There's no prior experience needed and doesn't need license. Nevertheless it was a rainy weather on the day I ride thus the road is really muddy and bad . Fell twice but overall it is really a good experience. You wouldn't forget the enjoyment and adventure during the tour .

1 Thank AlvinOng
Singapore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The highlight of my trip.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was the highlight of our Cambodia trip and a must to do in Siem Reap.
Our guide Su Chi was not just knowledgeable on the attractions, he was very patient when one of our motor bike broke down and he handled it with absolute professionalism when it was towed to a nearby countryside repair shop.

I was initially rather fearful in riding the bike solo despite opted to join a 8 hours tour as I failed my riding license back home. However, the semi-automatic bike is great in its user friendliness and easiness in handling.

Overall, it was an unforgettable experience with enlightenment on Buddhism teachings that were narrated briefly by the guide.
This is undoubtedly and certainly one of the must-do activities in your itinerary!

Antwerp
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Run through the jungle”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had an amazing day with sabai adventures and our guide su chi!We took the "forgotten treasures" tour and it was absolutely breathtaking. I was a bit nervous about driving the bike, but that turned out not to be a problem at all. It was the best day of our trip so far! You get to see the countryside of Siem Reap province in a very laid back manner, you will not regret it. The sights from the back roads are absolutely stunning, the people are so friendly and welcoming and visiting the seemingly forgotten temples in silence all by ourselves made us feel a bit like Indiana Jones :)
Thanks for a wonderful experience!