“Lovely stay”

Landing Point Villa
Ranked #46 of 515 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Everything was great about this hotel. The staff were exceptional, the food was great (both breakfast and dinner) and the room was lovely. Only a short distance to the centre. Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mcp70
Landing-Point, Owner at Landing Point Villa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear mcp70,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for recognizing our service by sharing the experience in TripAdvisor.

We will continuous to provide exceptional service to our value guest in keeping our loyal patronage with us and certainly look forward to welcome you back at Landing Point Hotel soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I am long overdue in submitting this well deserved review but I wanted to take my time in formulating what I wanted to write. I apologize to the owners, managers, the staff and my readers for taking so long.

First of all, this hotel exceeded my expectations and it is listed as 4 Star on most travel sites. It deserves 5 Stars but because it is not a major resort, gets one less star on reservation sites. Frankly, i do not like large resorts and prefer smaller, independent Boutique hotels such as this.

When I discover a property like this, I always wrestle with publishing a review because I want it to be available for my next visit. After you stay here, you will want to come back every time you return to Siem Reap.

The mansion like ambience was a welcome sight after a long flight from North America and South Korea. There are 9 luxurious suites with a beautiful, stone bathroom. A staff of 10 looks after your every need and there is always someone on duty 24 hours a day. The open air lobby is beautiful and there is a dining area on one side and a saltwater plunge pool on the other side. Impressive.

The room was huge, with polished floors and beautiful artwork in the 2nd floor foyer. The air conditioning system was superb and I even had a balcony. A fully stocker fridge had everything you might need to refresh yourself at almost streetside prices. I had a flat screen TV with lots of channels, complimentary WiFi, tea kettle with assorted choices of hot drinks and complimentary water which was replaced every single day. The sheets and towels were of the highest quality and I was especially fond of the garden style, stone tub. A separate garden style shower adjoined the vanity and tub...... you had plenty of room for your cosmetics and toiletries.

The King size bed was super comfortable and I slept extremely well after long days of sightseeing.

Breakfast was included and again was exquisitely presented by the staff. You get to order from a vast array of choices which are European, American and Asian. It would be an insult to call the cook anything but a Chef. She was fabulous and made everything for me from scratch. Omelettes, Pho style soup with chicken, etc. I soon found out that the food that they served here for lunch and dinner were not only better than anything that I could get in town but less expensive. I opted to eat meals in the hotel whenever I could. Again, you had a choice of Western and Asian food for an average price of $5 US or lower. Unbelievable. If you wished to have a cocktail, they were happy to prepare a top shelf mixed drink for $2.50!!!!! Unheard of anywhere in the world! I do not drink but thought to myself that this was a find like no other. A beer or soda was much less money and everything is quoted in $USD.

You will be staying in a residential neighborhood and it is still pretty close to town. Lots of local places to eat and even an authentic German place around the corner. I loved the quiet of the neighborhood and not being around busloads of tourists. If you wish to use a complimentary bike, the hotel will provide it for you.

I recommend hiring the incredibly honest and young Tan Bunna to be your TukTuk (rickshaw) driver as he is highly recommended by the hotel staff. He lives only 5 minutes away and will treat you like family. He worked for me the entire time that I was in Siem Reap and took me to places that most tourist never see. I did see the temples and museums but he took me off the beaten path per my request. The scenery was breathtaking and he was well worth more than the going rate (by my choice) to work exclusively for me. We would split up the days and I would return to the hotel in the afternoon. He would then pick me up for dinner and shopping and the nightmarket. I always invited him to have lunch with me or gave him extra $ for lunch on his own. His english is quite good and he was always so happy and pleasant. "yeah, yeah, sure".....whenever I would ask him to take me to the Foreign Correspondent's Club for dinner or lunch. He knew where the best shopping was and I am grateful for his expertise and taking good care of me. You can email him at tanbunna@yahoo.com or contact the hotel to schedule him. He took me to the airport when I left and I was a little sad to say goodbye. What a lovely man with a beautiful family.

The hotel is entirely nonsmoking and you will find the staff to be exceptional. I cannot wait to go back. It is my #1 choice in Cambodia. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I miss you and will return soon!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor, facing the back. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank parisflygirl

Dear Paris Flygirl,

We are fortunate to hear your amazing review and share your “5 Stars, Best of the Best, French Mansion ambience...........” in Tripadvisor!

It has been our pleasure serving you as our residents and glad that you enjoy everything in the hotel and we appreciate your constructive feedback in detail of all our hotel facilities and services!

Your gracious compliments have been briefed to Landing Point Staff and they are really happy and appreciate what they have been done for you.

Kindly visit us again and recommend to your friends, should there be any future visit!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

enjoyed every aspect of this hotel, nothing bad to say whatsoever. from the moment we were picked up from the airport by the owner to the moment we were dropped off back at the airport! welcome drink on arrival by the pool, large rooms, comfortable bed, nice and well designed bathroom, little terrace, air con, fans, very welcome pool, amazing food, staff so very very friendly, arranged a good rate with the owner to be our tour guide for a day and a half and he organised a schedule to suit what we wanted to see in cluding some temples (of course) and the floating forest.
we will definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Landing-Point, Owner at Landing Point Villa, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Tyler-Hull,

We are very happy that you recognized our service and your gracious compliments on our staff, guest room, bathroom, swimming pool, food, tour arrangement and hotel decoration.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We have been here from 8-12Nov. This hotel has a very good review in tripadvisor thus we decided to make a booking here. Upon our arrival, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel stay away from downtown by walking distance oh about 15min. The small road outside the hotel were kind of dark at night without lamp post. We were to lazy and tired to walk out then we hire tok tok (Usd2) out and back each time. Overall its very relax to stay here. Room is spacious. Breakfast variety is good. Will recommend you yo stay here if you don't mind the small walking distance to town.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Landing-Point, Owner at Landing Point Villa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear TCL88,

Thank you for recognizing our services and everyone here are glad to see your positive comments!

We are very happy that you enjoyed every facilities in the hotel! the team here will work even harder to provide the best villa experience for our upcoming guest!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice peaceful hotel, far from the bum bum city center but easy to reach by tuck tuck or walking. Cute and cosy in general, room spacious with all facilities.The staff is helpful and smilly. We had a great time!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Stela a,

Thank you very much for your time to write us review. we are glad to hear your positive feedback.

We are LANDING POINT HOTEL looking forward to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this small boutique hotel for one week to discover Siem Reap and its surroundings. We enyojed a very warm & friendly welcome and at any time we got helpful information and very kind service. The rooms are huge and the bathroom is made of stones, that looks very authentic. The whole building is naturally built and with many Cambodian art pieces niecly decorated. The pool is enough big to enjoy a refreshing bath and play around. The restaurant offers a small but very good choice of Asian and Western food. It's in walking distance to the town, but you can also go by (free) bike or hire a tuk-tuk. The only disadvantage is that the street to the town is partly dark in the night and has many holes so that you would need a flashlight to watch your steps (it seems to be a safe area).

We really enjoyed our time there and woul definitely come back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gubipat
Landing-Point, Owner at Landing Point Villa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Gubipat,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Landing Point Hotel, Siem Reap and taking your time to review us in trip advisor!

We are very happy that you recognized our service and your gracious compliments on our staff, room, pool, food and decoration.

Regarding to the road hole, it was damaged from the flood which cause most of the road in Siem Reap, and now government are working on it.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Although the location may seem off track, this small boutique hotel is really awesome.
The home made breakfast is superb, the rooms are spacious and brand new, the decoration through the hotel is stylish and classy. Last but not least, the staff is fantastic - especially the hotel manager. We visited the hotel in August when there aren't too many tourists and he offered to drive us around Angkor so that we could have the best possible service. Amazing!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elisa N
landingpoint h, Owner at Landing Point Villa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Elisa N,

Thank you for your recognition our effort to provide the best possible service!

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you have enjoyed our overall hotel experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future!