“Great home base”

Ranked #36 of 488 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Great home base”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at Landing Point for 4 nights in early April 2013, and we loved our time there! The staff was very friendly and helpful, offering delicious complimentary drinks on numerous occasions and generally going out of their way to make our stay more pleasant. Our room was spacious and clean, with great light and working AC. And the pool was fantastic -- clean, elegant, and quite refreshing in the middle of a hot day of temple-hopping. Finally, the breakfast (sit-down, not buffet; included) was consistently delicious, with a variety of options on the menu. Free wifi in all rooms. Roughly 15 minutes walk from the city center, or a short $1-2 tuktuk ride.
We loved our stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Adam S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
in your heart ;p
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights (8th-10th April) and this hotel met all my expectations, but the thing that was over my expectation was the staffs that are really friendly and amazing,

Well here are some facts about this hotel according to my experience,

THE ROOM >>> I got upgraded the room to the pool view one, downstairs, which worths what I paid. It's still in good condition and clean, all in all I had no problem with the room even though there was power drop during the first night, but there's a ceiling fan to cool down.
but things i'd comment is about the bathroom, I dont like the floor in the bathroom, it wasn't that comfortable to walk on that floor, but the good side is that it will never be slippery. The "hot" water wasn't hot, it's just warmer than cold water. No shower cap provided,but they provide toothbrush and tooth paste, and comb, which is different from Thailand, that almost every hotels provide shower cap, but no toothbrush nor comb. the wifi works fine at the hotel , a Mac Apple computer is also provided at the lobby.

THE HOTEL ENVIRONMENT >>> i felt as if i were in a really exclusive private small resort or villa, Swimming pool and the garden is always in good condition, especially the swimming pool with day beds and towels, that always welcome the guest to take. The depth of the swimming pool is 150 M
I saw some reviewers complaining about the breakfast sitting area that could smell the smoke or the food from the kitchen while they were preparing the breakfast, but in my opinion, it didnt bother me at all, i could smell it too but that made me feel like home and private , the smell of food wasnt bad at all.
Breakfast was good, could fill up our energy for a day trip visiting temples,

LOCATION >>> it's kinda far from the main street or the central area of Siem Reap, I think this place suits the people who want to escape away from crowds and noisiness, However, you can always take tuk tuk to the central area/ pub street/ night market for about 1 or 2 dollars,(depends on your negotiation), it takes about 5 mins. I recommend you to take the hotel card with direction because not every tuk tuk drivers know where it is.
There's a small local shop where u can buy snacks and drinks with local price just a few steps from the hotel

THE STAFFS AND SERVICES >>> This has beated all the luxurious hotels i've ever stayed, this makes Landing Point Hotel become a mini gem in Siem Reap, the staffs were really gentle and friendly and really helpful, You got everything you required, and they are really responsible in everything for you; bus tickets/day trip booking, tuk tuk arrangement, ordering food from other places etc. it was really spotless, Here are situations that can prove my review,

Following my booking, i got a free airport pick up included, but my friend and I travelled by bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap, so i had to send them email again to ask for a pick up at the bus terminal, i didnt get any reply from them, so i didnt expect them to pick us up, and plus, the bus didnt even stop at the bus terminal,it stopped at somewhere in downtown of siem reap, and we arrived 3 hours late. BUT WHAT A SURPRISE! when i got off the bus i saw a man carrying a paper with my name on!! i was really impressed and appreciated for his awaiting.
Another thing, the check out day, i didnt have time for breakfast, the staff packed it for me, and they also gave me a gift which is a local cambodian scarf, i've never got treated like this from anywhere else i've stayed before.
I actually forgot my important belongings (money and cards), i got everything back though, and i didnt realize that i also forgot my own scarf until the staff brought it to me.

i think these can prove enough how much responsible and helpful they are:) i'll never ever forget this.

In conclusions, This hotel suits for couples/people who want to escape from crowds or party, but yea local transportation such as tuk tuk is always available. The room, the facilities provided, and the staffs have fullfilled my trip to be one of the best trips. It worths what i've paid for, especially when travelling with budget, but want to go for something nice :)

Room Tip: pool view rooms seem to be the best option by its view from the balcony , but if you dont mind about...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank NocturnalSom
Amsterdam
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We spend 3 days at this hotel and were very pleased. The rooms were clean and spacious. The service was friendly. We enjoyed the swimmingpool, since it only has 8 rooms we had the swimmingpool fir our selves. The breakfast was good: eggs, fruit, muesli, coffee, bread and confiture or noodle soup and more to choose from. It was very easy to arrange bustickets via the hotel to other cities. The visit to angkor was a 20 min ride with a tuktuk ( for five dollar they guided the 4 of us the whole day through the temples- make sure to start early at 5 to see the sun go up and to avoid the heat!). The city center is 10 min walk- take a flash light since some streets are quite dark.Little minus point: shower not strong enough.

Great value !

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank tcmlady
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

New hotel, all amenities looks new. Warm & welcoming staff. Clean & neat room. Good 25 min walk from old market (the city centre). Can get a ride for $1 on tuk tuk from center to the hotel. Wi-fi available only in general lobby.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Rnmegh
seattle
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Small hotel away from the hustle of the downtown. Very welcoming/friendly staff. Hotel provided a free tuk-tuk to and from the airport. It has a great salt-water pool, much needed after a day riding bicycles to see the temples. Rooms are clean, quiet and beautiful, and the complimentary breakfast was great. We received free beverages at the pool, and the staff provided us with a map and a book about things to do in Siem Reap.
Best staff!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank eileenseattle091
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were a group of 11 friends and we all enjoyed our staying in this boutique hotel. It is clean, the staff is absolutely polite and helpful. The rooms are beautiful and confortable and the little swimming pool is a jewel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Francesca1765
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Super-friendly staff! Extra bed and extra breakfast for our child were provided for free. The hotel pool works till night. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Highly recommended.

Breakfast is very basic, but the room price is so low that it is ok. Also its location is not in the city center, but for $2 and 5 minutes you can take a tuk-tuk for all the family to go to Pub street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family