“No regret, memorable day to the the floating villages!”

Triple A Adventures Cambodia
Book In Advance
More Info
$39.00*
and up
Siem Reap Countryside Join-in Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We created our 1-day trip because we think there are not enough options for visitors to explore our beautiful region. Not only we’ll take you to Kompong Khleang, a community-owned floating village that kept its authenticity, but we’ll also take you for lunch with friendly locals and cycling around Siem Reap’s stunning countryside.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Leaving in Siem Reap for 9 years as an expatriate and very busy with my job, I never took time before to go to the floating villages during the dry season…
So, I decided this year to book a tour to Kompong Khleang with Triple A Adventure as I know by experience that it can be too difficult to do it by myself.
The service that they provided to my family really exceeded my expectations. Everything was very well organized from the beginning to the end. We had a wonderful day off with our kids. I can recommend this new agency in Siem Reap to everyone, you will definitely see Cambodia differently.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Having already seen Angkor Wat on a previous trip to Siem Reap, I was looking for something else to do. I heard about the 3 floating villages on Tonle Sap which sounded fascinating, but the 2 more popular ones had many negative reviews that is was an aggressive tourist trap (people constantly asking for money at every step of the way). I found only 2 companies that went to Kompong Khleang, one of which was Triple A (half the price of the other company, and sounded better anyway), so I booked the day trip. The day is split into 2 main parts. The first: a bike ride through a beautiful rural village including a visit to a fish market, a stop at a local household to see how sugar palm juice is made, and the ruins of a hospital pre-Angkor times hidden in the forest. The second: A ride down the river into the Tonle Sap (a lake that grows to 5 times the size during the rainy season, and then shrinks again during the dry season... which is when I visited). Here you can see the houses on dry land, held on huge stilts that show how much the water actually rises during the rainy season. Once on the lake, we took the boat around the self-contained floating village, which has it's own stores, gas stations, and even a local school. In addition, we visited a temple and got to eat lunch with a local school teacher. The entire trip was beautiful and awe-inspiring. If you're looking to see the real Cambodia and get off the beaten path, absolutely do this. I paid $39 for the whole day, including transportation from my hotel and meals. I would gladly have paid $100.

2  Thank Brian D
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I chose Triple A as I heard plenty of horror stories about some of the closer and more touristy floating villages and wanted something more authentic. Its a full day tour with a lovely bike ride through the countryside and local villages including a stop at a local fish market in the morning, lunch on arrival at Kampong Khleang at a locals house followed by a boat ride up the river and out on to the lake to see the Vietnamese floating village in the afternoon. It was a great day out and fascinating to see how people have adapted to living by a water system that changes so dramatically between the wet and dry season. I'd love to go back when the lake is at its maximum!

The tour was really well organised and Fabian and his team were really lovely and informative.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

During my 3 month trip in SE Asia I went on numerous day tours and this was by far the best. The tour was run to high professional standards with an excellent tour guide, comfortable transport and lots of fantastic activities. We started with a long bike ride through the country side at a comfortable pace, allowing us to take in the sights and visit an ancient temple (pre-dating Angkor Wat), as well as a local market. We then travelled to a more remote section of Tongle Sap than is usually visited by tourists and had a decent lunch in a local stilted house before going out on the lake. The lake was truly amazing and I only recall seeing other tourists on our way back. To cap it off we were treated to sweet sticky rice in bamboo tubes on the trip back to Siem Reap, an unique local delicacy.
I highly recommend this trip, it is inexpensive and very well run - I believe it is one of the best ways you can spend a day in Siem Reap.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is the best thing we did in Siem Reap. We got picked up on time and drove out to the countryside where we cycled through a local village, visited a fish market, visited the Kampong Khleang floating village, had lunch at a local teacher’s house and went for a boat ride out to see the Vietnamese floating village on the Tonlé Sap.
We watched monks in their daily routine and learning in the classroom, little kids playing what looks like a ‘gambling’ football game and fisherman fishing the Khmer style. It was not just the things that we saw, but also the things we experienced that day. Playing with local kids and interacting with locals was a real humble experience. The team also gave us an opportunity to try cold sugar cane juice, coconut juice, bamboo sticky rice and lotus fruits.
I thoroughly recommend this tour to all. The team that conducts this tour is just amazing! It is worth the price and you will not regret it.

1  Thank am_gill101