“Go now while you can”

Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Mie Cafe will soon be inundated as word gets out. The degustation menu is a splendid tour of the lesser-known Cambodian culinary delights - and costs $21 for 6 courses!

2  Thank 4masei5

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had beef lok lak for dinner. The presentation was beautiful and flavors very good. I went with the more expensive meat (they provide two options) and it was a bit chewy. Mango mojito was nothing special. The fried bananas for dessert were incredible. A little off the beaten path but a great find. Very clean, friendly service. A little more expensive than places around pub street but definitely worth the few extra dollars. Would go back again to try something different.

1  Thank Teva_15
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This restaurant is definitely worth visiting. It is in an old house where the ground floor has been turned into a restaurant. Excellent chef who has worked in the 2 star Michelin restaurant near Geneva.

1  Thank Meg44AixenProvence
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We initially went to this restaurant following a recommendation on trip advisor and we found a gem.The food was so good as was the service we decided that it wasn't worth the hassle of searching elsewhere so we spent our three nights in Cambodia eating there.

The second night we tried their tasting menu which was fantasitic so this evening decided to go again.

We asked if they would change one dish and the next thing we knew we had a whole new tasting menu. The food here is first rate we have eaten all over the world at all levels and this compares with food a lot more expensive. Total bill for five course nouvelle cuisine and drinks for two 54 dollars ,a steal .
I would highly recommend a visit if in Cambodia

1  Thank Weetman
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Arrived today and walked from the hotel to Mie Cafe. Within 20 minutes of our arrival, the ground floor tables were taken, ordered a beer and a glass of white wine, won ton soup, crab showder, that's right... showder.
I had beef (local) with oyster sauce and my wife had shrimp ravioli. The kitchen can be seen from part of the restaurant, chef was very busy and precise. Good food, tasty and fresh. Enough room for a pudding... chocolate cake for my wife and fried banana for me... nothing like fried banana arrived... it was fab. The chocolate was fantastic, another glass of wine for my wife and we were done. Really enjoyed it, lovely staff and good food.
Cost $44 US, an absolute bargain, we tipped $16 as it was worth every cent. Shall I return, you bet.

1  Thank KevanJ