“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN SIEM REAP”

Angkor Secret Garden Hotel
Ranked #59 of 515 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I cannot praise this guesthouse enough- THE friendliest and most helpful people I have ever met in my life; just to give a flavour of the service, I cut my hand open on my first day, and mr lucky (guesthouse worker) drove me to the hospital and tried to pay for my medical bills! (I obviously stopped him!!)

they are happy to arrange anything you need; as a lone traveller, I asked for recommendations for a true authentic Cambodian evening- they offered to come out and show me (we went to a local Cambodian restaurant and nightclub- blue sand- go there!!)... at both places, they tried to pay for me (just an example of their generosity and kindness)

The guesthouse itself is located in a decent area- maybe ten min walk to pub street, but the guesthouse offer free tuktuk or mr lucky will drive you in on his motorbike.

Seriously, you would be a fool to stay anywhere else (I initially booked for 3 nights, stayed for 6 nights)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Travelmadboy

Reviewed August 2, 2013

4:30 am hot breakfast, packaged for the Angkor Wat sunrise. Excellent and cheap food (halal, if that's a need). Free water. Excellent mountain bikes for rental-- $5/day (they even found a small one for me). Varied, included, & made to order breakfast-- eggs, soup, noodles, rice, pancakes, etc. (all pretty good-- I really liked the soup and pancake). Rooms have good air conditioning, are pretty big, and are very clean with a fan, TV (good channels), and fridge.

Anyway, those are the facts. What you really need to know-- I can't imagine that there is a better place to stay in Siem Reap or Cambodia. The people who work here are the most friendly and fun I have ever met in the service industry. It feels like good friends are hosting you. Everyone always had a genuine smile and told jokes, laughed. Really a good atmosphere. They also offered a free in house tuktuk, and when the driver wasn't available, Mr. Lucky himself drove us on his motorbike to Pub Street. They lent us umbrellas, got bus tickets for us, and helped us set up a tuktuk for visiting temples. (Side note, consider doing a day on bike at the temples. It was quite fun.)

Like I said-- it was like staying with friends, only better. I was so disappointed to have to leave. We were tempted to just spend the rest of our time in Asia here.

All of this-- $12/night. Seriously.

Tip-- it is a bit hidden, so not all tuktuk drivers know how to get there. Do not let that deter you. Look out for their red sign. The hotel is located down a small alley.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Thank you Lucky and to the whole team for such great service, advice and conversation. I would highly recommend this place to anyone in Siem Reap. The team arranged all details of a day trip to Angkor Wat, including a packed breakfast for the dawn trip, in a heartbeat. The hotel has good bikes available to get to the centre of town, tuktuks waiting outside, and is in a great location-close to town centre/markets and a short ride from Angkor Wat temples. The garden set up is great, and there are hammocks outside to relax in. The rooms were easily of the best quality I experienced in Cambodia, very clean, comfortable, with a fridge, TV and with a good bathroom/shower, all for a great price too. This hotel would be suitable for anyone, solo, groups and families certainly. The team is very kind and friendly and made my time in Siem Reap awesome. Cheers heaps.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeremy M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been travelling for 4 months now and do not normally write reviews but I feel this place deserves one. We booked for 2 nights and stayed for 6. All of the staff were exceptional and very friendly, from the moment we arrived to the day we left, it felt like a home away from home. The guesthouse and rooms are extremely clean, and the bed very comfy. I can not recommend this guesthouse enough to anyone staying in Siem Reap and wanting to see Angkor Wat, it is very good value for the price/night.
We were sad to say goodbye! Thanks guys :)

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

It's often said that it is the people that make a place, and that couldn't be more true of this guesthouse. From the momment we arrived to the momment we left, all of the staff go out of their way to help and make your stay as comfortable as possible. They have a in-house Tuk Tuk that they are happy to take you to the town for free. It's almost an added bonus that the air con rooms are exceptionally clean, big beds, hot showers, food cheap and amazing.

Thanks to the manager, Lucky and Mr T who made us decide to extend our stay for 3 extra nights.

Fantastic.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We did a 3 week trip around Cambodia and this was by far our favourite place we stayed at. From the moment we checked in, we almost immediately decided to extend our booking from 2 to 5 days. It was a bit hard for our tuktuk driver to find the place, so make sure you have some sort of idea where it is.
All of the staff were lovely and attentive, the breakfast was good and the rooms are perfect (AC, good bed, good shower,fridge...). We also liked to fact that all the staff are given English training so that they have a good future ahead of them. Location is good as Siem Reap isn't that big.
Overall we had an excellent stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having stayed in many many guesthouses in my 4 trips to Siem Reap in recent years I can honestly say this place offers facilities such as air-con fridge etc at a bargain price. Rooms are faultless and the staff are amazingly accomadating. I would strongly recommend this place to all travellers visiting Siem Reap.As I have said I know cambodia very well and i know this is the best value place around

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo