“A memorable stay at Angkor Secret Graden Hotel”

Angkor Secret Garden Hotel
Ranked #57 of 495 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“A memorable stay at Angkor Secret Graden Hotel”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had a wonderful holiday at Angkor Secret Garden hotel. The well equipped rooms were spacious and clean. Fantastic value, great atmosphere, warm and friendly owner and staff. Free Wifi and bicycle rental as well as free usage of computers. Really felt like home away from home.
The place really lives up to its name as it is tucked away in a quiet street away from the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap town and yet it is just 1.2 km from Pub Street and the night markets.
The food at the hotel's restaurant was on of the best and is a must for those who want to enjoy great Khmer food.
I highly recommend this place to all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sabj5358

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Slovak first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel just about recently when i had my leisure getaway with my family. I was quite amazed with the warm, cautious, extra attention service this particular hotel gave us. Most of my travel, i do checks in into 4-5 star rating hotel. As we had known, these establishments had impressive customer service relation, and when i checked in at Angkor Secret Garden Hotel, surprsingly i did had yet the same treatment as like any other 4-5 star hotel.... ONLY CHEAPER! Let me ellaborate a bit of the experience. When the moment we were at front desk. The gesture and warm service they shown, more or less impressed me in many ways. We were swifly ushered to our room, and briefed explanation of the hotel facilities and a bit o their history enough to make us more than delighted. The room was so spacious, and for the fee i had paid, if you were to based on square feet per dollar, I did managed to con the hotel for cheaper fee. Lol! The surrounding of the hotel was serene, well kept, and mine was overlooking the grandeur of the main facade..and on early of the day and late evening, i got to watch sunset and sunrise! All paid in ONE fee!! Weeeee! Breathtaking..
i met the Manager / Owner of the place, Khairul Annuar, a nice, talkative, in ever to assist pleasant guy. I was admiring this guy ability to bring up the service to life, the rooms to impress and a perfect bed i can snooze on Angkor Wat visit.
This hotel is definitely to recommend! You see, for a cheap rate per nite, where could you find, a comfortable surroundings, A good chubby and cute Manager, impeccabel service shown by the staffs, each of sunset and sunrise every single day, Spacious room well worth your dollars and most important, your bed you could rest and dream on and knowing it wouldnt sink in.
My visit was worth it.. Thank you Angkor Secreat Garden! Soon once you repute yourself, your Garden wouldnt be a secret anymore.. i had my chance 'violating' it.. And soon you guys travelers out there too..take the chance..they wont bite..
ill come back soon for 2nd violation.. Just be prepared

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rajk149
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I must say we were really lucky to have randomly come across this hotel. It's a bit hidden in a small street which gives this place peace and serenity being at the same in the close proximity of all facilities (the night market is just about 15 min walk). The room is very spacious and clean and there is a hot shower. There is a very cheap bicycle rental facility provided as well, and I found visiting Angkor temples by bike the best way to explore them. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. But I think the biggest merit of this place and what makes it much better than others is its owners. They genuinely care about you, you are not just another random guest. They are very friendly and we could experience some interesting discussions and cultural exchange. They do their best so you enjoy your stay, they are very knowledgeable and always give you the best advice as to where, how, when etc. When my fiance got ill, even though they were busy, they transported him to hospital, then brought our bags and then came a couple of times to hospital to check on him bringing him fruits! I've never seen that in any other place!

Room Tip: We stayed there on two occasions so we checked out two different rooms and both of them were of a ve...
1 Thank Nina Z
KookeArifin, Owner at Angkor Secret Garden Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Hi Nina,

Thank you so much for your kind comment.
You guys are truly an amazing couple and it was totally our pleasure to have you guys as our guests.

I am really happy that Matt is well again.

To see him walking and laughing during our last night together was really great! As discussed, I hope to see you both in Penang next year. We can continue our conversations into the wee hours of the morning in Malaysia next :)

Keep in touch, take care and travel safely. May God be with you always.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We found staff to be super friendly, rooms are brand new with modern finishes and very clean, I would &will recommend all who just need a base to to and fro from to stay here, location is quiet and very central.

Room Tip: All rooms are brand new and seemingly the same size
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aaron K
Thanks so much Aaron :)
We try to do our best and will continue to do so.

Cheers, mate!
Malaysia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The welcoming attitude, food, breathtaking landscape, and willingness to make your visit worth your while. Very attractive tour package worth your money.It was a magical and overwhelming experience from the moment we arrived. The genuine friendly staff made it clear we were family and our wish was there command. I have never felt so welcome and cherished in all my travels. The location is breathtaking and the architecture perfectly compliments .An experience we will never forget! Thank You to the Manager Mr Khairul. We will surely come back again

Room Tip: Very spacious air condition room. Very clean
1 Thank Adam S
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed in Angkor Secret Garden Hotel frm 28 Oct to 31st Oct 2012 before it's official launching on 1 Nov 2012. Altho the hotel was bustling wth people still finishing up the hotel facilities, garden & decor, the guest room was already ready for occupation. The room is spacious & clean wth onsuite bthroom wth hot shower, toilet & washing basin. Basic toliletries like bath foam, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, tooth brush & shaver are provided. The room has twin beds wth tv, aircon, fan, chair, clothes hanging facility & towels are provided. Wth the very reasonable price charged, a simple bfst is provided. The hotel's restaurant is HALAL which is a big relief for Muslim visitors who wants to hv HALAL meat & PORK FREE meals. When i was there, the reception, computer & massage room was on it's way to completion. The staff are friendly & helpful & always wth a smiling face. The hotel's management(Khairul & Sokphon) is ready to plan your site seeing & golfing trips to Siem Reap. The hotel altho close to the city but is protected frm the noise due to its location & many plants in their little Secret Garden infront of the hotel & beside the restaurant. This hotel is suitable for single, group or family travellers who are looking for a clean, HALAL place @ an affordable price wth a Home atmosphere. I will surely recommend this hotel to those who doesnt need a swimming pool & a spa 5 star facility. I hv even booked my nxt visit to this htl @ the end of Dec 2012.

Room Tip: Just book thru Agoda.com or chk out the htl frm Tripadviser. Corner rooms are more private.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Norani S
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

"This is one of the most perfect getaway hotel for couples and family,quiet,nice atmosphere.The hotel is beautifully done,good rooms,good space and i love their garden.
The staff and management are very helpful and friendly especially the manager Mr.Khairul,who help us book guide and tours at a very reasonable price and showed places to go.
I will definitely recommend to family and friends and value for money hotel if you ask me.I am definitely coming back again to this hotel.Tq again for a wonderful stay."

3 Thank Mazri M