“Great way to finish off my holiday”
Review of Sokkhak Spa

Sokkhak Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa is a Cambodian owned and managed business with over 16 years experience in the spa hospitality throughout Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and South America. Come to Sokkhak Spa to experience a truly Khmer wellness.
Melbourne Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great way to finish off my holiday”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Last thing I usually do at the end of a trip is find somewhere to have a facial/massage before the long flight home. We found Sokkhak Spa next door to the Haven Restaurant and we were not disappointed. I had foot Reflexology and a Vitamin facial. The facial was excellent and whilst the reflexology was not as good as I have had it was certainly very good. I also had a manicure which was very good it was in a room upstairs - need to be careful of the stairs as they are a bit steep. This is not your on the street spa but it is still certainly far cheaper than having this at home. The staff do not speak a lot of English so you need to be quite clear once you are in your room so they understand how hard or soft you would like your treatment. Pity I left this until the last day as had I had time I would have a massage.

Visited February 2014
Richard T, General Manager at Sokkhak Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to review Sokkhak Spa - Siem Reap in TripAdvisor!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for this great feedback and rest assure I will share them with my team and stay on be the best Spa in the Kingdom of Wonders.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay in this amazing historical city.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Good first impression but all in all average”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Wanted a massage and was just going to try using one of the many on the street. When I asked at our hotel the front desk suggested this place and made a booking. I went in and it was lovely. Foot bath was nice. Negotiating the stairs in the slippers provided was tricky. Therapist was ok, had trouble with English and pressure was inconsistent. I get massages frequently and she seemed a bit tentative and inexperienced.
No water at the end for my shower but it eventually came back. There was tea and mango along with a survey form to be filled out which was ok I guess. But I did not put down my email and was firmly asked to supply it. Why I gave them a valid one escapes me. I was also asked to post a review on TripAdvisor which bothered me (although this seems to be a trend I am noticing). In any event I decided not to and then got a follow up email asking for feedback so here it is.

2 Thank SNG56
Richard T, General Manager at Sokkhak Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, i would like to thank you for taking your time to review our Spa in TripAdvisor.

As being one of the competitive spa in Cambodia, we take our constructive feedback seriously. I truly understand when being in developing country, English is a challenge in Cambodia but nonetheless steps has been taken in order more English training will be apply to our establishment as this country still in development.

As for the massage, we apologize and training will be conduct again to all the masseurs, and also the reason we have a comment form to be fill with email address is for all our guest to place an honest feedback so we can target where is the weakness and we will improve from there AND re-invite our guest again to our spa.

And lastly, we really apologize with the shower. Water disruption in Cambodia is very often, hence we have a back up tank to switch over incase of no water supply. That is inevitable
but we are doing our very best to make sure all our guest satisfied.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. d

Warmest regards,
Ghent, Belgium
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“wow!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

In a city where an average massage cost 5 USD or so, paying 10 times more for a massage wakes up high expectations. I dare to say the expectations were even surpassed and we went back 3 times....

Massage is often regarded as 'a little bit of rubbing back & forth' and it's rare to come in a place where it's seen as a profession:

- gorgeous elegant decor in both reception, massageroom, interior garden
- friendly helpfull staff
- very professionnal masseurs who are trained with sense for detail

I was very impressed & left very happy

Visited January 2014
Dear guest

Many thanks for your positive review! I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your spa experience with Sokkhak Spa - Siem Reap. Please be assured that your compliments will be shared with my team.

With best regards
Sandton, South Africa
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Good massage for a fair price”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband got a aromatherapy massage done and because I was pregnant I decided on a Mango facial. We were both satisfied with our treatments. The rooms are comfortable with a shower. Unfortunately our room was on the 3rd/4th floor so we walked up the stairs only to find that there the toilet is on the ground floor so we had to walk all the way down again to use it. The receptionist speaks great english and was able to help us efficiently over the phone when we made the booking as well as to advice on the different facials they offered. there are many places in SR offering really inexpensive treatments however this place is clean and quiet and feels like a spa.

Visited December 2013
Dear guest

As normally we inform our guest to use the toilet before proceeding to our treatment room 3rd/4th floor but I guess it must have slip out from their mind. We will ensure this will not be a problem again. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that your feedbacks & compliments will be shared with my team.

With best regards
Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very average”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We just had a body scrub st the spa. Nothing special for the extra $ paid to be in a more luxurious spa. The therapists seemed young and inexperienced. I would say go to the cheaper ones, there are loads of them on every street, we have had better scrubs at them for a quarter of what we just paid.

Dear guest

Thank you for your feedback.

In Khmer, Sokkhak means ‘tranquility’. We are using the combination of nature inspired décor with a soft, warm and tranquil atmosphere to relax, refresh and indulge our guest. we have carefully chosen products containing botanical and marine home-made ingredients with nature’s very own powerful herbs, to give the skin a vibrant and healthy glow and total body wellness.

Our local female and male therapists, the majority of who have been selected from a village in the ‘Pourk District’, perform the treatments. They have been trained and educated by our in-house professional teacher, who has given them the knowledge to allow them to provide our clients full satisfaction with our services.

We apologize if you feel our therapist inexperience, and training has been on the way to make sure our service is consistent.

We thank you for your honest feedback for us to improve better.

Warmest regards,