“was ignored, left without ordering”
Review of Sister Srey Cafe

Sister Srey Cafe
Ranked #5 of 40 Coffee & Tea in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Australian, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sister Srey Cafe is a Social Enterprise, in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Run and operated by Sisters Lauren And Cassie. The Girls, opened the business to have "Good Coffee" and also help and support Khmer students and to make a sustainable impact into the community. Our vision at Sister Srey Cafe is to support young Khmer students who struggle to keep a balance between study and supporting their family. Each staff member in trained in hospitality, English language skills, personal development, health and hygiene and banking. We are a stepping stone to a brighter future and a means for them to have skills and knowledge to approach the world empowered and confident. Sister Srey has various incentives and activities in which support the local and rural community. The cafe goes to sustainable measures to help the environment and to be as enviromentally friendly as possible. We are commited to being plastic free, having bio degradable food packaging, organic coffee and miniamising waste. Monthly, our staff participate in our community service program "Helping out a friend" Where each staff member chooses a NGO or project of choice and do something for people less fortunate than themselves. To date we have had, staff building wells and toilets for families, participating in a soup kitchen to feed street children and health workshops. Sister Srey also composts all waste and goes to directly to NGO Green Gecko Farm and has a sustainable recycling program and waste management system. Since opening, the Cafe works along side Hearts to Harmony Foundation. This means 20 percent of profits from the Cafe as well as donations go towards Hearts to Harmony to supports individuals through education, health and hygiene, and supports rural families. Sister Srey is a social enterprise. A cafe with a heart, a cafe with the desire to see change and with the ability to do so.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I came here after reading all the reviews. I stood at the entrance, and was ignored, and then told to sit anywhere I like. I was ignored again, no menu, no acknowledgement. I stood up and the male staff noticed me, and did nothing.

Way over-rated.

5  Thank CranberryT
Write a ReviewReviews (1,790)

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stopped at Sister Srey Café for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. It was packed, but there was room upstairs. The second floor is a bit more wide open and breezier, which I prefer.

I ordered the French toasts, which are unlike any French toasts you have ever tasted. But the meal was delicious and I was soon licking my fingers with satisfaction.

There is a library of sorts on the second floor, so you can just hang out at the café and peruse their selection or read a book while sipping on your coffee.

The service is friendly and attentive, but it might take a while for your food to arrive given the small size of the kitchen. So if you are going during peak hours, just grab something to read and take it easy.

A little bit more expensive than elsewhere in town, but the dishes are jazzed up and a bit more sophisticated. So for good food in a hip environment, Sister Srey Café is where you should go!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I came here to escape from my guesthouse's standard breakfast quite often during my 6 weeks stay. I like that I can order eggs any style I want with any side. Most other places have few options, which are not very customisable as waiters almost never understand what I ask for in Siem Reap. But here, I can eat what I want! They also have ver good coffee and smoothies.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Sister Srey is a nice cafe catered toward foreigners. It was a great place to stop for lunch on a lazy afternoon spent bicycling around Siem Reap. It has a nice atmosphere and it's a great place to take a break and relax.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The place is quaint and it is like the in-thing now in terms of decorations. One of the few hip places to hang out in Siem Reap.

Nice coffee and cakes are yummy too, especially their chocolate cake. It's a cool place to chill and they are also doing this for a cause.

We would definitely come back again if we come to Siem Reap.

1  Thank mnmx