“Great place, great people”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Serenite Guesthouse
Ranked #25 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place is a gem, the house in itself is beautiful and the room was very comfortable. I had a big poster bed all for myself and the bathroom is nice too with a bathtub for a change.
Each morning I had a good hearty breakfast made only with fresh products and it was a delight.
But what makes it so special are the people, Iza and Patrick, who made the place and as others have said here they really are great.
They will arrange evrything for your trip and visits and all is done favoring the cambodians, as the people they work with are real nice and earn a better living than most.
And we talked, a lot, about cambodia if course and life in general, there was a real sense of sharing with them.
And they know the city and they took me out for dinner and visiting, it was really great.
When came the time to depart I was really sad because I had found friends and I don't know if I'll ever go back but it broadens my horizon and that's what travelling is about.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spent 4 days in Siem reap and all has gone so well thanks to Patrick and Iza, they did sort everything out for me and they are really nice people.
Their guest house is beautiful and I really felt welcome and confy there.
Cambodia is a great place to visit, not just for Angkor but if you are looking for a place to start your journey there I think you will not find one better than this one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Been there 4 days, the room was great, very stylish, I loved the pictures, good bathroom, all very clean.
The owners tailored everything for us from breakfast to visits to places to go and that's what I call service.
Hotel is well placed not far from center but quiet.
Beautiful, calm, not too pricey with an excellent service, well deserved 5 stars.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wongnowong
sereniteguesthouse, Owner at Serenite Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank for your kind words and the appreciation of our guesthouse you show.
We were very pleased to welcome you and we hope to see you again.

Thank you.

Pat@serenite

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This I remember keenly, we got there by recomendation from an hotel owner in phnom penh and it was one of the best decision we made on our trip in cambodia. Why ? Well of course the place is great, really gorgeous rooms and all and yes as so many other hotel they can arrange everything for visiting and travelling, but the people...
Pat and Iza run this place, it's theirs, and we had an amazing time with us, after visiting the sites, angkor and around, they took us around to town, to shops, markets, the dump ( awful) and so many things, they show us the other side of cambodia, not the tourist one and we have seen both terrible and great things. They also took us out to known and unknown (to tourists) spots at night, restaurants, bars, clubs and as I said it was great.
It was a first for me to be able to enjoy a place with people living here, so much fun and great memories.
I don't know for the other guests but if you let yourself lead by Pat and Iza, your trip might be more than the tourists sights, wich are great, honestly I have found new friends there during my stay and had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Red513

Thank you so much for your kind words, we were very pleased to be able to share our experience of Cambodia with you and we aim to do our best.
Thank you for being such a great guest. we hope to see you again one day.

pat@serenite

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I spent only 4 days at serenite but it changed me. I originally came to see Angkor but thanks to the owners I discovered many other things in a very short time and I as said it changed me.
I was blown away by the temples but what touched me deeply was the Cambodian people.
It is one thing to hear about the horrors that happened here it is another to see how it affected and still affect the people.
Aside from this the guest house is great, beautiful, my room was great with a big bed all for me and a nice bathroom.
Once again the people running it are truly great, they made me realise things about me and because of them I fell in love with Cambodia.
This country is place that you can't miss, it is beautiful and tragic, it is very sad and full of hope.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Annawhitedb
sereniteguesthouse, Owner at Serenite Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your very touching review.
We are very pleased to know that you appreciated and discovered so much and that we have been able to make you see Cambodia in all it has to offer.
A great thank you and good luck to you on your journey.

Pat@serenite owner/manager

Reviewed December 14, 2012

That's true, we stayed there for six days, me, my husband ans our daughter and we had a great time.
The hotel is nicely decorated, very cozy, we felt at home and it was exotic too.
We had the red room with the beautiful photos, a big poster bed (I love poster beds) and a smaller camping like bed for our daughter. The bathroom was nice and working and the A/C was a relief.
The people owning the place, the tuk tuk drivers and the people around were all very friendly and smiling, our daughter played with the neighborhood kids and loved it, she made a lot of friends.
For a family vacation this was perfect, we slept well, we ate well, we visited a lot and we made friends with everybody.
We had the hardest time leaving Cambodia and we hope to return someday.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Gloria H
sereniteguesthouse, Owner at Serenite Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

We would like to extend a great thanks to you and your family. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We wish you all the best and we hope to see you again in Cambodia.

Pat@sereniteguesthouse owner/manager

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife choose this place for our stay in Siem reap because she's a photography fan and the people running it are photographers, well were but still are.
Anyway the great thing for me was that Patrick is from Italian origins and we shared a lot that's why I wrote it was like being with family.
Don't get me wrong I don't travel to meet Italians but it's nice when it happen.
About their guesthouse, We loved it, of course for the photos and decoration but also because it was cosy, homey and they introduced us to Cambodia.
We originally came for Angkor, and it was more than great, but we discovered so much more about Cambodia.
We strongly recommend this place if you want something different from a stay in a hotel and if you want more of your travel than just visiting places.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Vittorio B
sereniteguesthouse, Owner at Serenite Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

We would like to thank you for your nice review and kind words.
We were so glad to have you here in Siem reap and we are delighted to hear how much you appreciated your stay.

From the both of us again we thank you and hope to see ou again one day in Cambodia or Italia.

Pat@serenite owner/manager