“My kind of place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Serenite Guesthouse
Ranked #21 of 489 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Nice, France
“My kind of place.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Really this is what I call my kind of place, it is a real guesthouse and not a pseudo hotel in disguise.
I have been quite a few times to Cambodia and Siem Reap in particular and I must say this place is special to me.

First, it has been recommended to me by Mr. Seng, the well known owner of Europe guesthouse in Phnom Penh, so I knew it must be a good place and until recently it was kind of confidential.
By that I mean they had no internet presence, no website or anything so either you went there by chance or on someone's advice.

A few days ago I have received an e-mail by Iza and Pat, the owners/managers, asking me to share thoughts and experience about their Guesthouse.
Honestly I am happy to do it because the second and most important reason why this a great place is them.
When I asked why they change their policy about internet presence they told me they have a "project" which can mean anything....

Anyway I will start with the rooms, they are beautiful, really they are and this is because they both are artists, photographer and designer mainly, and it shows. Of course they put some of their photo on the walls, what else ? They are gorgeous and it sets a mood to have huge black and white pictures hanging in your room. The furniture are exquisite, locally handmade. The bathroom is spacious with a bathtub.
The rest of the house is mainly a big living-room where we spent time eating and chatting and listening to music, a kitchen, and a garden which is a nice place to sit and do nothing having a drink when there aren't too much mosquitos.
What else, the house is great and they provide a good service almost anything you need, be it for the visits, the town, transportation, informations.
Another thing is the location, you are 5/10 minutes walking to the main tourist hub of Siem Reap, you have a nice Khmer market just in front of the house and a Buddhist temple nearby.
This feels more like being in Cambodia than say more touristic venues.

Now I must speak of them : Iza and Pat. I know they love Cambodia, that's why they came here.
I don't know how to put it but they are kind of peculiar, I mean they have done so many things in their lives, they know so much and they want to share with people.
I must sound a bit confused but what I mean is they are Great people. That's why if you stay there you won't regret it or you may bash heads with each others.
Because remember it's a guesthouse, it's their house and they live in it and they were kind of choosy about the people coming into their home.

This may not be my best review, but I speak from the heart. This place has a soul, the people running it are great.
If you are the kind of traveller who wants to discover and share, if you want something different, something personal and unique, if you want to be a Guest, a friend and not just a client or customer then this place is for you, as it has been for me.

Room Tip: There two rooms both are beautiful so take your pick.