“BOOK IT! You won't regret it. Amazing hotel, amazing staff. Such good value!”

Golden Butterfly Villa
Ranked #6 of 521 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'm glad their sister hotel Golden Temple was fully booked, because I found this gem of a place for less than half the price ($25 for the double room). From the moment we were picked up by the friendly tuk-tuk driver all the way to check out, they made my first time in Siem Reap truly exceptional.

Welcome drinks were served, we were offered a complimentary 30-minute massage to claim at our convenience, cold towels were waiting for us every time we would come from a hot day out, and at one point cold watermelon shakes appeared out of nowhere courtesy of the staff (probably cos we looked so frayed from the tour).

By the time we checked out, our flight wasn't to 10pm so we were trying to see what our options were. The manager gracefully offered a 4pm late checkout without a fuss, and even offered a complimentary massage (again) to occupy us for at least an hour (by this time we were massaged out so we passed, but the thought was nice).

All in all, this is a well-managed place, and the staff are really trying their best to make their guests feel valued and for this, I couldn't recommend it enough. The room was big and comfortable, tastefully decorated, and super clean. Absolutely great value, relaxing stay, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: As of Jan 2013, there is a construction going on to the right side so try and request for rooms on t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Everything that has been said about this place in the past is completely true. . We have been travelling all around the world for a year now, and this has been the most memorable welcome ever. We have been received always with warm smiles, coffee and tea, wet towels, and helpful staff. The rooms are clean, spacious, and nicely decorated. They have a great place for massage too

If we ever go back to Siam Reap, we shall stay at Golden Butterfly villa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for 12 days - loved it!! Brilliant service - you'e always welcomed back to the hotel with a 'wet towel' and an ice cold drink and big smiles from the friendly staff. This wonderful hotel is close to all the shops and restuarants yet quiet with a large airy lobby/lounge area where you can just chill out and relax, eat, use the internet, watch TV, and put your feet up. The rooms are comfortable providing everything you need including a comfy bed, fridge, free wi-fi, hot running water, showers, free bottled water every day is a welcome addition. The staff cannot do enough to help you or advise you and will arrange tuk-tuk pic ups for you or taxis. I liked the shoe free rules of this hotel and its kept spotlessly clean throughout. The restuarant offers a good service and the atmosphere is friendly. Very good value for money. The manager and his staff became like family to us and we didn't want to leave. They were wonderful. A true home from home.

Room Tip: Back rooms are possibly quieter rooms
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Golden Temple Villa down the street which gets excellent reviews was full and I was referred to their sister property, Golden Butterfly Villa. This hotel is newer and the rooms are beautifully decorated. The hotel offers free airport pickup. The tuk-tuk driver was waiting for me at the gate with my name on a board. When I arrived at the hotel, a nice cold fruit drink and a free 30 min. massage was scheduled later in the day. My room on the 3rd floor had a nice balcony and a view of the surrounding areas. Everything is new, nice comfortable bed, various types of lighting, refrigerator, bottled water, and good water pressure in the shower. Wifi is free and the hotel has set up 5-6 new, flat screen computers for guests. Although breakfast is not included, there is free unlimited coffee, tea, and bananas in the dining area. The restaurant has reasonably price meals. Location is quiet, at the end of a small street and a block from the main road. It is a short walk a few blocks away to the night market and many restaurants. After a long hot day of sightseeing and visiting Angkor Wat, the staff always greeted me with a smile, brought me a cold wet towel, and a nice cold drink. They also brought me a drink with I was sitting at the computer planning the next leg of my trip. The staff further helped me find a tailor to make me a pair of pants from the fabric I brought from home. Total cost for labor--only $5.00. When it was time to get to my next destination (Phnom Penh), the staff arranged my transportation via shared taxi as buses were all full.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Elaine505
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We bought the Angkor ticket for three days and we booked the tour with the hotel.They called a tuk tuk driver for us. The driver, whose name is Sales, was very nice, honest, and kind. You can contact him on this email: mathsales at hot mail.
Overall, we ended up staying more night than we planned and spending Christmas in the beautiful city.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
1  Thank GimCampa
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I never leave reviews, but I felt we must for this lovely place.
We stumbled onto this gorgeous building after a long trip. We were so happy we did. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. They even helped us find a sitter for our baby while we had to go on a job interview. It was a very kind environment.
The rooms are beautiful boutique style rooms with everything you could ask for. Clean, modern, and very nicely decorated with balconies. The price is amazing for the room you get.
The location is superb. We could easily walk a few streets away for food, the night market, and Pub street.
It was excellent and our best find during our Thailand/Cambodia trip. I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marissa M
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two
nights and in our two month long stay in Southeast Asia I have to say this place was probably our favorite. the staff is so friendly and helpful, the hotel and rooms are beautiful the location is perfect. the whole experience was amazing, we left feeling really pampered and it is such a good value for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012