“Treasure! No better place than maison557.”
Review of maison557

maison557
Ranked #16 of 529 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Treasure!
Best place we have been to!
We had a WONDERFUL time at maison557!
Thanks to Brian and Philippe, the 2 lovely hosts. They pay attention to every little detail.
They take care of you. We felt super welcomed!

Not only the rooms are beautifully decorated, the two great pools, the super delicious breakfast which was every morning freshly made, the location. It was all perfect!
We are definitely coming back (it was a highlight of our vacation!) and we recommend the maison557 to everyone! it couldn't have been better!
If you don't stay there you'll miss something!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank V3nita

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Maison557. Just a few steps from Siem Reap city center this place is absolutely perfect:
- our room was very nice and comfortable with a great shower
- our private pool was more than welcome after a busy day visiting the temples
- the general look and feel of the grounds is beautiful and very relaxing
- the food is superb. Breakfasts are very tasty with local products and dinner was absolutely impressive (ask for the pumpkin soup and the banana cake)
- the hosts, Philippe and Bryan, are great professionals and very nice and engaging people. They have great recommandations such as local restaurants or tuk tuk drivers

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I traveled for over a month in Southeast Asia, and Maison was easily our favorite place. I couldn’t recommend it more highly. Maison offers 5-Star quality and professionalism on a more intimate (and affordable) scale, and is conveniently located for everything you’d want to do in Siem Reap/Angkor.

We stayed in Maison’s newly completed private villa, which came complete with our own private pool and deck. The villa was beautiful, and the pool provided a wonderful respite after mornings/afternoons exploring the temples. The rest of the grounds were also elegant – it felt like I had stepped into the pages of a magazine. Brian, one of the co-owners, was for many years in charge of exhibits at the Victoria & Albert Museum, and his designer’s eye is evident. I expected to take lots of pictures while in Siem Reap/Angkor, but I didn’t think I’d be drawn to take so many of where we were staying!

The owners, Brian and Philippe, are simultaneously warm and professional. While Maison is new, we found out that they had previous experience in the hospitality industry in the South of France. It clearly showed. They seamlessly made every arrangement we requested (tuk tuk driver, English guide for our first day at the temples, airport transport, etc.), and were eager to offer recommendations, both for Siem Reap and for our subsequent stops in Thailand.

The food was another highlight. The complimentary breakfasts included fresh fruit, delicious pastries with marmalade, and quite decent coffee (rare during our travel). We also ended up eating dinner twice at Maison, which was once more than we planned but the first experience was so good that we decided to repeat it. Maison employs a young Cambodian chef, who puts out traditional Cambodian dishes with restaurant-level refinement. My husband was particularly crazy about a pumpkin soup that was served as part of the first course during our first meal. The chef is also quite flexible; for our second meal, Brian asked us what we’d like that night (we said pork) and the meal was built around it. One final dining bonus: Maison has decent wine available at a reasonable price (another rarity during our trip).

Siem Reap may be a once in a lifetime trip for us. But should we decide to come back, we’d stay at Maison without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent 2 wonderful nights at Maison 557 and I was very impressed. The place is simply beautiful and I just loved my room which was comfortable and tastefully decorated. The pool and garden were a welcome haven to relax in and cool off in after a day spent exploring the fascinating temples of Angkar Wat . The owners were friendly, helpful and full of of information about the area and they gave good advice about which temples to visit. The dinner I ordered for my first night and the morning breakfasts were sensational in their quality and variety. I found Maison 557 to be the perfect spot to stay in Siem Reap and overall it was an experience I will always treasure.

Room Tip: The 2 rooms behind the pool are particularly nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm not sure which to rank higher, the owners or the grounds they so meticulously keep. Every inch in the rooms and the property are worthy of being photographed for a design magazine. But more meaningfully to me was the warm welcome by Brian and Philippe. Nowhere else have I ever connected so easily and thoroughly with the owners of a B/B. I'll henceforth insist that everyone I know passing through SR stay at maison557!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Where to start? This little place is offering so much more then just a room...from the friendly welcome to the service...Phillipe & Brian, you have an eye for detail when it comes to decoration! Our room was very beautiful and i liked the outside shower. Having breakfast outside where you work in your outdoor 'office'...what a joy!
Thanks for making our trip to Siem Reap more special then expected.

Room Tip: A oasis in the middle of siem reap town! Only 6 rooms. Ask for deluxe rooms with outside shower....r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

An absolutely lovely, charming, private, professional bed and breakfast in Siem Reap is just what you want after a day or two or three at Angkor Wat. Every detail is taken care of by the owners, Philippe and Brian, and their friendly and helpful staff from the moment you send an email to inquiry about availability. You will want to to make sure you send an email the moment you plan a trip to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat, because Maison 557 only has four rooms with an additional one or two rooms being built. Send an email to info@maison557.com.

Everything about Maison 557 is wonderful with a keen eye to detail, and guests feel the personal attention from the moment they walk through the front gate. The gardens are tropical and lush with tons of orchids blooming, the pool is inviting with glimmering blue tiles and baskets of towels for the guests, the rooms are inviting with local and modern decor, and my favorite part is the private, outdoor shower off each room. The rooms have fans and air conditioners that work well, which I think most people will need in Cambodia because it is hot. Of course, you can always take a dip in the pool to cool off and have a refreshing cocktail poolside or in your room as well. Brian and Philippe also provide maps of the area and travel books to help make your stay in Siem Reap truly unforgettable. They are also a wealth of knowledge when it comes to restaurants, bars, tours, hair cuts, laundry, and anything and everything you may need during your stay.

I can not say enough in praise of this beautiful and relaxing oasis in Siem Reap, but two more brief comments are necessary. First, the morning breakfast in very generous with fresh fruits, granola, yogurt, and a large selection of breads and baked goods. I also hear the eggs are amazing, but we stuck with the wide variety of fruits and breads along with fresh-squeezed juices, coffees, and teas. Maison 557 will soon be offering dinner selections which I have no doubt will be equally tasty and delicious.

Second, the location is great! You are in walking distance to the main area of Siem Reap including Wat Bo, Pub Street, and the Old Market. It is literally a five minute walk over a bridge or a few minutes tuk-tuk ride for a dollar or two. This is really a superb location because you can be close to the action, yet sleep peacefully and quietly as Maison 557 is not right in the middle of a busy street.

Finally, Philippe and Brian are wonderful host, and, for us, they are now our friends! We greatly appreciated all of their hospitality! I highly recommend staying at Maison 557 when you are visiting Angkor Wat or even just passing through Siem Reap! 5 stars all the way!

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are lovely, but we liked the one to the right back of the pool when you are faci...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple