“Really Friendly Staff....thank you!!”
Review of Lotus Blanc Resort

Lotus Blanc Resort
Ranked #38 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was really thankful for the friendly welcome on arrival. I got the package which included a private driver and guide for Angkor Wat for 2 days. They organised everything for me straight away so I knew what I was doing the next day, it really made me feel at ease.

I was upgraded to a Deluxe Room which I really appreciated. The room was huge, the bathroom massive and it was really clean, I couldn't fault it. The swimming pool was massive yet this area was very quiet for the 3 nights I was there even though I had seen quite of few tour groups coming and going (I'm not complaining, just saying). Breakfast had a good range of food to cater for everyone's needs too. Most important, all the staff were very friendly.

The hotel is a short tuk tuk ride ($2 or $3) to the main part of Siem Reap, thankfully the hotel has their own tuk tuk's to cater for hotel guests. Again it was a relief to have this service available. Your driver will take you anywhere and wait for you and get you back to the hotel safely too if you wanted.

My guide was excellent!! Thanks Seiha!! He tailored 2 days of guided tours to suit my needs. It was so hot that I couldn't handle being out all day so we made the most of it and started early and saw as much as possible by 1pm. I really appreciated this as it allowed me time to chill out by the pool for the rest of the day which I really enjoyed doing.

If you are looking for a quiet yet friendly hotel then Lotus Blanc comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: The hotel has their own tuk tuk drivers....use them as it gives you peace of mind.
3  Thank KPaama
Write a ReviewReviews (2,583)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was beyond my expectations. They have a car to pick you up from the airport with a person holding a sign with you name on it. I did email them a day or so to make sure they would be there. Upon arriving at the Resort you are brought into the lobby area and they bring you a nice cool refreshing towel and a fresh coconut juice in a actual coconut. Then the manager Panith tells you about the hotel then once you are ready he takes you up to your room and shows you how things work in the room and he also gives you his card and tells you to ask for him if you need anything and he was great. The hotel is truly what I considered a resort when someone is talking about what a resort should be. The pool is huge and there is a pool bar and hammocks if you just want to relax in the garden area. In the morning breakfast is so great with several different options and you can get a fresh made to order omelette with what you want included, juices and coffee and tea. The staff is very helpful, nice and welcoming. The doorman will gladly call a tuk tuk for you whenever you need one and i highly recommend it because it takes out the guess work of negotiating. The room is very spacious with a balcony and flat screen tv with lots of English channels. The bed is very comfortable and probably the best bed I have slept in all of Asia. They provide you with free bottled water each day and a small mini bar inside the refrigerator. Check out the little grocery store across the street from the hotel because they have very cheap prices on Cambodian beer, water and snacks. One of the days the wifi stopped connecting in the rooms and outside of the rooms and the front desk didn't know how to reset the server and it was a Sunday so the IT people were off so I asked when the Front desk staff to have Panith call my room when he gets in, and he did and he reset the server and wanted me to come to lobby to make sure it worked. He reset the server and it worked and he even said he would call the IT people to see if they could come in to make sure it works.As I talk to my mom though wifi on phone. Panith is great manager and very helpful, kind and a refreshing person to handle situations. He made sure I had a car to take me to the airport when I was leaving and always asked how everything was and if I needed anything. Awesome place and I will stay at this Resort every single time I come back to Siem Reap and highly recommend this place to anybody coming to Siem Reap. This place is truly a resort is every sense of the word, oh and the bar has a happy hour with buy 1 get 1 free drinks. Everything is very cheap and they use the US dollar which is always a plus and for the price you pay you get way more then you would get anywhere else in the world. Thanks for such an awesome stay and look forward to coming back

1  Thank Summerbreze18
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very friendly staff, fantastic room and great garden / pool area, easy location to airport, temples, center city .... We plan to go back there. We have arranged late evening upon arrival our guided tour by car for following 3 days. We even had breakfast box prepared when going to sunrise view. Room were clean well equiped, with balcony and a lot of care from all staff. We enjoyed happy hours by the pool or the bar before diner. On relaxing day, we had a great lunch by the pool under the palm trees... a great experience to recommand! We love it!!! and a great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Booked here over Easter and had a wonderful stay. On arrival had a few problems with my room location and type but the manager, Roberto, very quickly rectified this. His personally listened to my comments and did his upmost to move me to another room. He upgraded me to a suite as soon as it came available and personally checked up on me each day. The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms are large and beds comfortable. Pool and garden area is great and a much needed retreat after a day sightseeing. Breakfast had plenty of choice and if you need a takeaway they were more than happy to arrange for those early morning trips at sunrise. Food was good, and room service quick - although a little more choice on the menu would be good. Nice cocktail bar for that pre-dinner drink. I would strongly recommend this restaurant for its location, pool and spacious rooms with friendly and attentive staff.

Room Tip: Upgrade to premium deluxe for rain shower rather than bath with shower. Suite was lovely if you can...
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed with our family of 4 while visiting Angkor Wat. The staff are absolutely lovely, room huge and clean and easy access to temples and town centre (5 mins tuk tuk). A real bargain with best service ever!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff and rooms at Lotus Blanc are fantastic!!! We stayed three nights at the Lotus Blanc which is a short distance from the Airport and throughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very well cared for and great pool area for lounging. In the evening they play outdoor movies or live soccer games by the pool which is great! The hotel staff does a great job ensuring your absolutely taken care of during your stay. I can honestly say they were some the nicest people I've met. Lotus Blanc also can arrainge for daily tuk tuk rides to the temples and around the siem reap area at what we found to be very reasonably priced! Would definately recommend this hotel.. it was fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Positive:
- So nice and efficient staff
- Outstanding value for money
- Awesome facilities (swimming pool, fitness center, spa)
- Excellent in-house tour agency to schedule your trip to Angkor, fairly priced and with special attentions (bottle of water and perfumed towels included)
- Practical sundeck chairs and parasols around the swimming pool
- Everything is fairly priced (lower than western prices)
- Very good breakfast buffer (quality & choice).
- A real 4 stars. Even close to a 5 stars.

On a negative note:
- Only one restaurant with limited menu. But the menu covers Cambodian, Asian and Western food. And it's good.
- Swimming pool a bit too warm. Too cool down, better to take a shower

Room Tip: I dont think there is any "bad room": this is a resort.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Almight
VCK1982, Manager at Lotus Blanc Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Almight,

Warm greeting from Lotus Blanc Resort !

What a wonderful gift that is left for us ,precisely you gave us the big smile by reading both comment and we would like to express our gratitude for your precious time to share this review. We were extremely happy to get the chance to show lavish Cambodian hospitality to you recently , thank you so much for giving us this privilege and we are so excited to learn your blissful staying experience which is like our wish and commitment.

So glad that you also experienced dinning at Le Blanc, greatly appreciated for your feedback, you are absolutely right the current menu is on the consideration phase , for sure, there will have variety of selections for your next trip to Siem Reap. For the time being, the temperature is a bit high as it is the dry season and we feel so sorry for this inconvenience , anyhow, we hope you enjoyed the sunshine in this tropical country.

Once again, thank you very much for having chosen Lotus Blanc Resort and your generous gesture that recommended to others guests.

Wishing you a beautiful day from Siem Reap!

With best regards,