“Incredible tour guide”

Book In Advance
More Info
$19.00*
and up
Amazing major Siem Reap Temple full day- Small...
Ranked #16 of 972 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As for our Angkor Wat Tour Guides team, we have been interestingly dealing in this field for decades, started from being the Siem Reap Angkor drivers for backpackers, staffs of hotels, staffs of tour agencies... and finally as the Angkor Wat tour guides or Siem Reap Tour Guides, hence an idea to build up this Angkor Wat tour guides team to arrange diversity of tours for all tourists, planning a trip to explore around Angkor ruins as well as other eco-tourist attractions, share cultures..., taste the real local favorites and so on. Look! Our top challenge is to guide all of you, our guests, to reach the real value of your holiday in our small, but uniquely beautiful and graceful homeland, Cambodia, the kingdom of wonder.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Thal Sopharity (aka Tea or Rithy) was an amazing tour guide who made our trip to Cambodia. Right from the beginning Tea was terrific agreeing to our 3 day customised itinerary and staying in regular contact via email in the lead up to our trip, even emailing us the night before we arrived in Siem Reap to reconfirm all of our arrangements. Our first day was action packed and Tea's air conditioned car, chilled water and cold towels were a blessing. My sister and her partner arrived in Siem Reap halfway through our first day and Tea was terrific about being able to accommodate some extra guests and adapt out itinerary to suit us. He also arranged a "surprise" for us on the second day organising a trip to a local village to experience some local "transportation" and village life. His knowledge of the temples really made the visit worthwhile and it was terrific to have someone who knew the best times to visit the various temples and the best spots to take photos. Tea was incredibly accommodating with regards to our requests and nothing was a problem. He was also able to organise a driver to take the 4 of us to Phnom Penh after our tour finished and even came to the Hotel the following day with his family to make sure the driver had found us and to say goodbye. I have never come across a guide as attentive or accommodating as Tea on all of our travels and I would highly recommend Tea to other travellers to Siem Reap.

Date of experience: July 2013
"excellent english"
in 9 reviews
"wet towels"
in 7 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"great photographer"
in 12 reviews
"unforgettable experience"
"small circuit"
"tour company"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We spent a day with Rithy in June while touring Angkor during our honeymoon. We felt like we were getting the "VIP" access, as Rithy knew where to go and what time to beat the crowds. He is very nice, speaks great English, and truly added a lot to our experience with his knowledge of the temples. We got so much more out of visiting the temples by traveling with Rithy. His tour is highly recommended!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have just returned from our trip to Cambodia and Vietnam and while in Siem Reap, I googled Angkor Wat Tours and Mr Tea's review came up and after reading his reviews , I decided to book a private tour with him for my husband and myself. He was lovely and spoke very good English. His knowledge of Siem Reap, Cambodia and particularly Angkor Wat( that was what we booked him for) was great. He picked us up for the sunrise over Angkor Wat and give us a good insight of all the temples around Angkor Wat. He doesn't rush you and he is very considerate. Tea provided cold water, snacks and a cool air conditioned car in the heat of Siem Reap. He has a sense of humour also which is great. We booked him for what was considered half a day but in actual fact to me it was like a full day as we got picked up at 4.45am and he was not in a hurry to take us back to hotel, but we were tired and ready for siesta by 11.00am, but he said we could do more if we wanted. But that was ample time and we saw everything we wanted and he was good and planned it so we missed all the crowds. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a private tour and would use him again if we return. Thank you very much Tea for a enjoyable tour. kathy Johnson

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

It's been about a month since our first temple run in Angkor Wat but I remember how amazing it was like it was yesterday. On that first day, a cool, calm and quiet morning, we entered through the East Gate past the ancient trees. There and then, I had my first vision of Angkor Wat and my first goosebumps.

Our 3 day temple run was an awesome adventure thanks to Rithy Thal Sopha and his colleague Kamsan Srang of Ancient Angkor Wat Day Tour. Throughout our tour, both made the effort to give a very private experience of an otherwise very public place: the world acclaimed Angkor sites. Funny and friendly, Rithy and San accommodated our requests and guided us to the best time and place to explore the temples, plus the best shopping and eating experience. We wandered and wondered through Angkor Wat, Bayon, The Rolous Group (Bakong was our favorite), Ta Prohm, and the Healing waterfall of Phnom Kulen that flowed from the Thousand Linga River (another favorite).

Our trip was quite special because we felt, sampled, and tasted the Khmer culture. Rithy speaks Khmer history and everyday English with wonderful clarity. He surprised us with a Buddhist monk's blessing and a layman's Hindu prayers - up on a huge mountain rock with a reclining Buddha. Kamsan really made sure we were comfortable in the 37degree heat with his refreshing cold towels. We enjoyed Siem Reap so much (we have great picture proofs taken by Rithy and San) that my friend and I have decided to come back and explore the other sites with Rithy... soon. Angkor smiles!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent 1-1/2 days with Rithy as our driver and guide as we toured the amazing temples of Angkor. Rithy was extremely professional, knowledgeable and fun to be with. He kept us interested by sharing his in-depth knowledge of the temples' architecture and history, and made the tour engaging and lively, and often very funny as well. Rithy was very accommodating and considerate of our needs, making suggestions for sights that we may not have considered, and being gracious and flexible when we added things to our agenda.

The entire experience far exceeded my expectations, thanks in large part to Rithy. The next time I visit Angkor (and I hope to again!) I will be sure to contact Rithy!