“Angkor Wat private tour”

Angkor Wat Day Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$15.00*
and up
Amazing major Siem Reap Temple full day- Small...
Ranked #17 of 1,014 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As for our Angkor Wat Tour Guides team, we have been interestingly dealing in this field for decades, started from being the Siem Reap Angkor drivers for backpackers, staffs of hotels, staffs of tour agencies... and finally as the Angkor Wat tour guides or Siem Reap Tour Guides, hence an idea to build up this Angkor Wat tour guides team to arrange diversity of tours for all tourists, planning a trip to explore around Angkor ruins as well as other eco-tourist attractions, share cultures..., taste the real local favorites and so on. Look! Our top challenge is to guide all of you, our guests, to reach the real value of your holiday in our small, but uniquely beautiful and graceful homeland, Cambodia, the kingdom of wonder.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have just returned from our trip to Cambodia and Vietnam and while in Siem Reap, I googled Angkor Wat Tours and Mr Tea's review came up and after reading his reviews , I decided to book a private tour with him for my husband and myself. He was lovely and spoke very good English. His knowledge of Siem Reap, Cambodia and particularly Angkor Wat( that was what we booked him for) was great. He picked us up for the sunrise over Angkor Wat and give us a good insight of all the temples around Angkor Wat. He doesn't rush you and he is very considerate. Tea provided cold water, snacks and a cool air conditioned car in the heat of Siem Reap. He has a sense of humour also which is great. We booked him for what was considered half a day but in actual fact to me it was like a full day as we got picked up at 4.45am and he was not in a hurry to take us back to hotel, but we were tired and ready for siesta by 11.00am, but he said we could do more if we wanted. But that was ample time and we saw everything we wanted and he was good and planned it so we missed all the crowds. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a private tour and would use him again if we return. Thank you very much Tea for a enjoyable tour. kathy Johnson

Date of experience: July 2013
"two days"
in 17 reviews
"via email"

Reviewed July 6, 2013

It's been about a month since our first temple run in Angkor Wat but I remember how amazing it was like it was yesterday. On that first day, a cool, calm and quiet morning, we entered through the East Gate past the ancient trees. There and then, I had my first vision of Angkor Wat and my first goosebumps.

Our 3 day temple run was an awesome adventure thanks to Rithy Thal Sopha and his colleague Kamsan Srang of Ancient Angkor Wat Day Tour. Throughout our tour, both made the effort to give a very private experience of an otherwise very public place: the world acclaimed Angkor sites. Funny and friendly, Rithy and San accommodated our requests and guided us to the best time and place to explore the temples, plus the best shopping and eating experience. We wandered and wondered through Angkor Wat, Bayon, The Rolous Group (Bakong was our favorite), Ta Prohm, and the Healing waterfall of Phnom Kulen that flowed from the Thousand Linga River (another favorite).

Our trip was quite special because we felt, sampled, and tasted the Khmer culture. Rithy speaks Khmer history and everyday English with wonderful clarity. He surprised us with a Buddhist monk's blessing and a layman's Hindu prayers - up on a huge mountain rock with a reclining Buddha. Kamsan really made sure we were comfortable in the 37degree heat with his refreshing cold towels. We enjoyed Siem Reap so much (we have great picture proofs taken by Rithy and San) that my friend and I have decided to come back and explore the other sites with Rithy... soon. Angkor smiles!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent 1-1/2 days with Rithy as our driver and guide as we toured the amazing temples of Angkor. Rithy was extremely professional, knowledgeable and fun to be with. He kept us interested by sharing his in-depth knowledge of the temples' architecture and history, and made the tour engaging and lively, and often very funny as well. Rithy was very accommodating and considerate of our needs, making suggestions for sights that we may not have considered, and being gracious and flexible when we added things to our agenda.

The entire experience far exceeded my expectations, thanks in large part to Rithy. The next time I visit Angkor (and I hope to again!) I will be sure to contact Rithy!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We're glad that we had Rithy as our tour guide. For our first day of tour, he could not make it but he made sure that we were taken care of by an equally great tour guide, Mr. Kamsan Srang and a driver, Sal. For the next two days, Rithy himself took care of us. He was caring, professional and fun to be with. He also knows the right places to go for very good authentic Cambodian food. We're so glad also that he agreed to join us for dinner on our last evening together with his wife and cute baby boy. Definitely, we will recommend him to our family and friends who are intending to visit Siem Reap soon. And for sure, when we go back to SR, we'll get in touch with him again.

More power to you Rithy!