“Best Hotel Service”

Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #53 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It is such a nice boutique hotel located in the city centre. Service is really amazing and they are really concerned with what you do everyday. Mr S. Chan of the hotel has been really good to us from the day we arrived until our last day.

They also referred to us a good guide during our visit to the temples and helped is in customizing our own day trip for the particular temples that we wanted to visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,482)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a lovely boutique hotel. It's style is Asian Minimalist, and this theme is carried through to the bedrooms and all areas. Very good artistic taste throughout.

I can't fault in any way the operation of the hotel, but I have to say that its greatest selling point has to be its personnel. From the moment when Mr Chan greeted us at the airport, to the moment when we said goodbye to him, eight days later, we felt that we were in good hands, that we were recognised and supported, and that we were welcome in an extraordinarily brave country which has survived the worst and bravely faces the future.

A great trip, this :)

Room Tip: Ask Mr Chan :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and myself spent 4 days at Memoire d'Angkor Boutique Hotel - the service and all the staff were beyond excellent - a special thanks to Mr Chan who was entertaining and delightful. We couldn't have asked for better service - the hotel room was beautiful, with free mini bar, water and laundry, and the little plates of mini cakes left in our room at 9pm just delightful, the pool area stunning and loved the double hammocks to lie and sip our drinks on, the buffet breakfast excellent, loved the Khymer music to listen to as we ate. The hotel was walking distance to all the major markets and restaurants, the staff were superb and very helpful in ensuring that we were comfortable and all our needs were being met, that any tourist destination we wanted to see was sorted and that we had a guide or tuk tuk driver organised. The was way and beyond the best holiday my husband and i have had.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and used the stairs everyday - perfect
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My new husband and I stayed at Memoire d'Angkor for our first-leg of our three destination honeymoon. We are beyond pleased with the level of service provided at this hotel. A bit after booking our hotel Samlei (our 'personal assistant') had reached out to us via email to inform us that she will be taking care of any requests during our stay. During our stay, she personally picked up from the airport with cold towels and refreshments, informed the housekeeping to set-up our room with a beautiful honeymoon decor, helped us arranging the tour and escorted us to the airport for a final farewell. She was amazing.

A few other things to note:

1) Breakfast consisted of the same eggs station, buffet of sausages, noodles, fried rice, vegetables, fruits. They had the most simplistic noodle soup I ever had and the freshest pineapple and watermelon juice.

2) We had a personal tour guide, Nak, for two days to tour around Angkor Wat that was arranged by Memoire. Instead of following the two day itinerary that the hotel provided, he recommended his itinerary of the best spots in Siem Reap. On the first day, he brought us to the main temples because after a while they all look the same. On the second day, we went to three more temples in the outskirts of Siem Reap and to the Floating Village. Nak was very informative and told some very interesting stories. He found the most perfect spots to take photos and volunteered to help my husband and I take many photos together.

3) First massage of the trip helped loosened our sore muscles from the 22 hour flight and very reasonable compared to U.S. prices.

4) 10 minute walk to the night bazaar and pub street. Or take a tuk tuk for $1 USD.

Complimentary airport transfers about 10-15 mins away depending on traffic, complimentary wifi, complimentary breakfast, complimentary laundry service and superb service. I wouldn't ask for anything more.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The location is fantastic. Just about 15 minutes walk to the old market, night market and pub street. There is a mall beside the hotel where you can get basic amenities (if you do need some). There are several services that are free, much to my delight. Free laundry and free drinks to start of with. Every night there will be small snacks that are delivered to us. Small gestures but sweet.

The room is comfortable and clean, choice of TV channels are also okay. Breakfast is good. I like the fruits and the noodles. The variety however is pretty much the same everyday. The wifi internet is free but connection can be shaky at times. If possible, dont light up the aromatherapy as the smell is too strong.I love the shuttle services, it saves me a lot of trouble to arrange for my own transport.

I suppose the staff has been trying their best to see how they can fulfill the guests' needs. Therefore at times they can be seen as being a bit aggressive. However, the genuine concern that they have displayed is rarely seen at other hotels.

While the stay is enjoyable, do some research before you choose the tours that they recommend. There is no harm having more choices to choose from.

Room Tip: There are many cheap massages outside the hotel. I have chosen the service in the hotel because of t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Estel L
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have travelled many places around the world but I have never met such a helpful and courteous staff as you can find at the Memoire d Angkor. Special thanks to Phasy (Front Office) and Sara (Spa) and all the front desk staff which were just awesome in assisting us.

The rooms and facilities of the hotel have real character and the cleanliness is utmost. The nightly turndown with small treats was very appreciated, breakfast was more than ample and I really enjoyed my Blue Cheese, Bacon and Tomato Croissant each morning with espresso coffee. The pool was great especially the cabanas.

Save yourself the hassle and book your tours through the hotel as the Hotel selects good tuk tuk drivers. Highly recommended the day trip to Baeng Maelae. The best and least crowded of all the temples.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I have had the chance to travel the world visiting 15+ countries for business and pleasure and have stayed in some of the top hotels including Villa'D Este and NY St. Regis at over 1,000 euros per night, BUT I am still confident when I say that this small boutique hotel in Siem Reap has changed the way I think about a 5 star experience.

Upon arrival the manager, Chanthay took us on a personal tour of the entire hotel, explained the local temple tour options and gave us all of the Wifi passwords throughout the hotel--sounds simple, but it's the little things like not having to hunt someone down and find the password for the wifi at the pool that count.

Then the following day, Chanthay went out and bought us some playing cards after my girlfriend asked him where we could buy some.

On top of this, he arranged for us to have a late checkout on our last day and only charged us a fraction of the full night cost, plus did all of our laundry for free and arranged for us and covered all of the items in our mini bar at no charge.

This small hotel had the best service I have ever experienced and I regret that I will probably not be back for a long time for a visit.

Not to mention it is perfectly located next door to the largest western style supermarket in town with a Fro-Yo place immediately next door.

If you are thinking about a reasonable place to stay in Siem Reap and want to have the best service of your travels, then look no further, as this place is a little piece of heaven.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple