“Best hotel I have ever stayed at, period.”

Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #47 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
Beijing
“Best hotel I have ever stayed at, period.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I have had the chance to travel the world visiting 15+ countries for business and pleasure and have stayed in some of the top hotels including Villa'D Este and NY St. Regis at over 1,000 euros per night, BUT I am still confident when I say that this small boutique hotel in Siem Reap has changed the way I think about a 5 star experience.

Upon arrival the manager, Chanthay took us on a personal tour of the entire hotel, explained the local temple tour options and gave us all of the Wifi passwords throughout the hotel--sounds simple, but it's the little things like not having to hunt someone down and find the password for the wifi at the pool that count.

Then the following day, Chanthay went out and bought us some playing cards after my girlfriend asked him where we could buy some.

On top of this, he arranged for us to have a late checkout on our last day and only charged us a fraction of the full night cost, plus did all of our laundry for free and arranged for us and covered all of the items in our mini bar at no charge.

This small hotel had the best service I have ever experienced and I regret that I will probably not be back for a long time for a visit.

Not to mention it is perfectly located next door to the largest western style supermarket in town with a Fro-Yo place immediately next door.

If you are thinking about a reasonable place to stay in Siem Reap and want to have the best service of your travels, then look no further, as this place is a little piece of heaven.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has some really good features and some not so good elements.
Pros
- Good location about 10 min walk to pub street
- Free laundry
- Free printing
- Mini bar - 2x beer, coke water daily
- awesome pool not the greatest for laps but nice beds to lay on by the poolside
- Free pickup and drop off to airport

Cons
- Assistant manager harassed us constantly asking why were we going out to eat, trying to sell us tours etc
- Breakfast was good when you actually got the coffee/eggs you ordered
- Room was old and not well kept
- Drinks by the pool etc are expensive

Ps if you book a tour at the hotel the quality of guides are average with their English so you may want to shop around. In my opinion take a guide book to the temples rather than organise a tour

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here in September and had a fabulous time.

Siem Reap is a great place and the hotel was great sanctury at the end of each day of temple exploration. The food is great, and the staff are super friendly. It was really fun to come back to the hotel every night and chat to the night staff, they spent hours teaching me Khmer and about Cambodia. I really enjoyed my stay here and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Our recent stay in Siem Reap was enhanced by the staff at this wonderful boutique hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and we were treated like family. The room was very comfortable, swimming pool a great place after a hot day touring the temples, and close to the night market and Pub street area.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed November 19, 2013

i stayed here with my partner and two other friends and have to say the service is so good we were picked up from the airport and given our own personal assistant who gave us advice and where to eat drink and what tours to take he was amazing! also the free laundry was a great service and the complementary mung ben juice at arrival was great too, overall this place was amazing and i really loved the staff they were all sooo friendly and nice would definatly recommend, the rooms were lovley too, agree with others on the slight smell in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: delux room with balcony was nice we were on the 5th floor and it had a great view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Wonderful service! Nice staff!They could speak out our names every time we passed the lobby and made us feel like at home.

I would never forget that they sang "Happy Birthday" and prepared a cute cake for me.

Also good location, 10 minutes walk to the night market!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Me & my husband had a memorable time staying at this hotel & the service & hospitality given
is really great! Staffs are very friendly, helpful & attentive. They greet you personally every time you come back to the hotel. However I think the buffet spread can be improved a little bit more. Location is pretty good & just a 5mins tuk tuk ride to the famous Old Market & Pub Street area.

Should we ever visit Siem Reap again we will definately go back and stay in Memoire D'Angkor. We booked for a Deluxe Double but got upgraded to the Suite upon arrival when they found out that we were there for our honeymoon. Was extremely touched and for them to actually teamed up with my husband to give me a little surprise birthday greeting! ;)

Once again would like to thank all of the staffs especially to Ms Samlei & Mr Phally for treating
me & my husband so well during our stay in Siem Reap. And also for the honeymoon flowers
arrangement & my birthday cakes!!! ;)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple