“Welcoming, hospitable, helpful and very good value for money.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel

Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #39 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Welcoming, hospitable, helpful and very good value for money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Attractive hotel, new (or recently refurbished.) Some work still going on outside, but caused no disturbance. Every single member of staff really made an effort to talk to you and make sure you are satisfied.
Room was clean and comfortable with everything you need. Whatever you asked for was brought instantly. Huge bonuses were free laundry, free home-made cake for bed time and free mini-bar.
The hotel organised a tuktuk for the day (15$), a guide (30$) or a car (30$ or 43$ for longer trip to Banteay Srey). Our guide, Mr Kea, was fantastic: very informative and knowledgeable. He was thoughtful and wise enough to steer us away from the crowds at certain times of the day too. The temples can get busy, but there is so much to see.
Overall, a wonderful experience

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Vietnamese first
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this hotel. The customer service was exceptional – all staff were professional and friendly. The buffet breakfast was good and the room was beautifully furnished. Room facilities were good with free drinks in the fridge (water, coke, beer). The location was good, within easy walking distance of Pub Street. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kim57_13
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am a meticulous person, and it took me about 3-4 days to choose this hotel among hundreds of others. I read almost all the reviews on Agoda.com before confirming my booking, and did use Agoda many times before.

My first impression of Memoire d'Angkor Hotel was somewhat not really great. I requested the airport pick up service several days in advance and when I got to the the airport after an ardous 11hour-flight from Australia, they just left me in the car unattended, waiting for another customer without my prior consent and that was frustrating. On the way to the hotel, I wanted to take some quiet rest but one of the staff tried to speak with me and the other customer, so I had to force myself to get involved in the conversation because if not, it would've been very awkward.

There was no hot water during my first night of stay due to maintanence (which I was not informed in advance), so I had to take shower with ice cold water. Unlike what most of reviews say on Agoda, the hotel staff hardly smiled at me unless I did so first, but generally they are okay and respond immediately to my demands.

The location is not really ideal except that it's right beside Lucky Mall. You have to take tuk tuk or motorcycle to go to Pub Street or the Old Market. For me, It took about 20-25 mins by walk.

What I liked the most during my stay was, a manager named Phally, who always tries to interact with customers directly. He tried his best to make my stay as comfortable and as satisfactory as possible. So, if you are planning to stay at this hotel, you should remember his name. Another staff I liked the second most was Samlei (If I remember her name correctly), who has a warm smile. Vitur, who usually sits at the front desk in the night time sounded really tired everytime I spoke him on the phone. But he suddenly changed his attitude when I asked for his name. The staff who frustrated me the most was the guy who took me from the airport (I wish I remember his name). I saw him many times afterwards, and he never smiled. Housekeepers were even much kinder than him.

Room Tip: I think the rooms located on the 4th floor are generally better. The spa opens between 1pm and 10...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sunnyna88
Sokun S, General Manager at Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Ms. Sunnyna88

Warmest greeting from Memoire d’ Angkor boutique hotel,

It was our great honor for the chance served you during your holiday in Siem Reap,

It was unfortunate that during your fist stayed the hot water was cut off because one of a resistance control the hot water burned around 10:30pm and we try to fix till 3am than the final hot water coming as normal. It is quite a failure for us for not able to maintain consistency of high service quality and our team had been brief about your comments and those who were supposed to offer the great experience commit to improve their performances.

We are very sorry for the dissatisfactory feeling during your stayed which is not what we are promising to our customers “ Offering everlasting memory through ultimate happy experiences “ If we had known about your case during your stayed we could do whatever it takes for the better service recovery so that you know we care about your experience. However we are valuing your comments very much and it is becomes as top priority to ensure that our future residents would enjoy happier experience as commonly expected during holiday trip.

We thank you again for your contributions and if we could wish for second chance to host you and only ensure the only ultimate happy experience will be offering

With ours love and care,

Set Sokun
H/P:+855 69 516 777
E-mail:sokun.set@memoiredangkor.com
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This little gem is ideally situated on the main road through Siemens Reap. It if far enough away from the bustling and busy Pub street to be tranquil whilst close enough to be within walking distance (or a $1 tuk tuk fare away for the lazy/weary). The hotel will arrange a tuk tuk for the full day at $15 and the drivers know exactly where to go. Don't try and do too much in a day. The heat and humidity drain you. Split the day with the mornings around the temples and the afternoons enjoying a laze around the hotel pool enjoying refreshing drinks and good food. Treat yourself to a ver reasonably priced massage and save the shopping for the nightbmarketsvaftervenjoybdinner at any one of the many eateries. The rooms are large, comfortable and well presented whilst the rain forest shower head is heavenly. A good buffet breakfast sets you up fot the day. The staff are, without question amongst the friendliest I have ever met anywhere in the world. Go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank IainMacpherson
Ushuaia, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I spent three memorable nights at this hotel in July. The hotel is conveniently located in Siem Reap, about 10 minutes away from Pub Street on foot. Though it is not the fanciest hotel in town, it does have a pool, offers complimentary breakfast and laundry service, therefore is an excellent value for the money. But most of all, I was impressed by the warm hospitality of the staff. Ms. Samlei Hap and Ms. Dora Rina surprised me on my departure day with a fancy birthday cake -- they had found out on their own when I registered that my birthday was coming. It was one of many goodwill gestures I received during my stay there.

Aw-koon!

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor, in a room with a balcony overlooking the city.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 3po
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Memoire d’Angkor Boutique Hotel is a 4-star hotel but it goes the full distance to provide its guests with 5-star amenities, service and attention. Welcome drink and checking in done in a jiffy and every single staff from driver to the reception is focused on customer comfort and well-being.

Unlike most hotels, this hotel provides free use of the mini bar which contains soft drinks, mineral water and even beers . It means that everything in the mini bar is free for your consumption at zero charge and would be topped up everyday. Besides that, patrons can also enjoy free laundry service during their stay there and believe me, it’s a big plus factor especially with the daily excursions to the world-famous ancient temples and other attractions in the sweltering heat of Siem Reap.

The suite that we stayed in was large and spacious and had an additional unique suspended swing-bed in the sitting room area. Cleanliness must be their priority as everything was spick and span and we noticed that besides doing the room in the morning they would do a second tidying up in the evening too and each time would leave some small surprises in the form of local snacks or cookies on the table and we are certain that all the other rooms were given the same treatment too. These are no doubt small gestures but they really touch you. At the reasonable rates, what more can a guest ask for?

There’s free wifi everywhere within the hotel premises and a large swimming pool with children’s pool attached together with a well-equipped gym beside it to make your stay there complete. Breakfast is at an open-sided and airy annexe building, which interestingly again is a break from the usual indoor coffee house setup.

Situated about 7 km from the airport, Memoire d’Angkor enjoys a strategic location in the town centre and is a convenient springboard to most attractions that Siem Reap has to offer. The biggest Siem Reap attractions, that is the ancient temples of the Angkor archaeological park is only about half an hour’s drive away, and a 15-minute leisurely walk from the hotel would bring you to Phsar Chas (the Old Market), the night market and also Pub Street which comes alive at night with foreign tourists patronizing the abundant food outlets and the exceedingly cheap beers there. Everything is so convenient and travelling by tuk-tuk, their motorized rickshaw, is so cheap that most tourists would opt for this mode of transport as it costs only a dollar or two (USD) at the most from the hotel to any place within the town area. There are also a few restaurants around town that offer very good Cambodian food, much better than the ones found in the Pub Street maze.

From our wonderful experience, we would wholeheartedly recommend any would-be travellers to Siem Reap to check out this comfortable hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danny K
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

It takes a lot to impress me, and I can honestly say that the staff at the Memoire d'Angkor managed to do that easily from the moment I checked in. While not being a 5* property, this boutique hotel delivers the attention and the quality one would expect from luxury hotels. The secret is a happy staff, always smiling and available to help: from the GM to the waiters, I couldn't fault anyone. Being upgraded to a suite made my stay even more enjoyable: luxury massive bathroom, a swing in the living room, king size bed and most importantly a quiet room, away from street noise. Turndown service (with lounge music and sweets to welcome you after a long day of sightseeing) and free airport transfers are just those touches that set this hotel apart from other properties of the same category. The hotel offers a more than adequate breakfast, a nice pool area, and it's only a $1 tuk-tuk ride to the night market and tourist centre of Siem Reap. As a single female traveller, I felt perfectly safe and well taken care of by the attentive staff. Needless to say, I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo