“Top hotel close to Angkor Wat”

Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #47 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
Melbourne, Australia
“Top hotel close to Angkor Wat”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel had just been renovated when we stayed there and they offered some fantastic deals which made it a very attractive hotel for the price. At the time they offered some free services such as laundry, mini bar & cocktails each evening. The staff were exceptionally helpful & willing to assist in booking tours etc. Which made our stay a very pleasant one. The room was very large with very modern decor. There was an extensive choice of western and asian foods for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a family room which was fabulous - very spacious and with the biggest bed I had ever seen. Rooms beautifully decorated, we got a really good deal on booking.com but were still treated like royalty by the staff ( even our 3 noisy boys). Pool was lovely and cocktails were great. Our deal included special little extras like complimentary laundry, mini bar and airport transfer. The staff were gorgeous and could not do enough for you. Location was great - a 3 minute tuk-tuk ride into the markets and pub street ($1) and a big supermarket right next door for any little necessities( Bombay Saphire gin for $13 and wine at cheap prices compared to Vietnam) We will be back!! Our only regret was that we only had 4 nights in Cambodia - mistake but a lesson for our next trip. We could not fault this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank glenandstu
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I and 5 other friends visited Siem Riep for the first time. We booked 3 rooms at this boutique hotel via Agoda and we were pretty happy about what we get. It was quite new, clean, and staffs were helpful and friendly. In room, we had a nice strong shower (it means a lot after a long day of wonders in Angkor Wat and its neighbors). The mattresses and bedding were clean and comfy. No one had trouble sleeping. Breakfast was easily 4 stars, I'd personally recommend noodle soup station. Of course that they have all the standard breakfast stuffs with egg station, but I was really impressed with the live traditional music (1 player). That was a very nice touch. We came down a bit late one morning, none of the staffs tried to kick us out, it was as if there were no time limit - but as a courtesy, we hurried and finished breakfast as soon as we could anyway. The location is great. It was on the main road, 10-15 minutes to Angkor Wat, less than 5 minutes tuk tuk away (or you can walk) from night market, pub street etc. ($1/ride) The hotel doesn't have a spa yet but they can call masseurs for you if you asked them to.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Optimissie
Beijing
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Perfect hotel. Perfect location. Perfect service. We spend 3 nights at Siem Reap, the hotel services helped us to enjoy the beauty of Siem Reap even more, relaxing by the hotel. The hotel staff picks u at the airport, will manage your laundry, offer you full minibar, wifi and all is for Free. You really feel pampered! We stayed over the New Year and the hotel organized a great party. Thank you again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
london
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon visit and were extremely pleased with the service offered. On arrival, we were informed that we had been upgraded to a luxury suite room, as well as free and unlimited use of the mini-bar and laundry service, all thrown in. The room facilities were excellent, very large room, daily cleaned and prompt response to any requests/queries. Most importantly, the staff there were extremely friendly and approachable and were keen to speak to us, understand a little about us and it felt really personal and warm. In particular, the receptionists and the lady who met us at the outset to explain the hotel, speak a little about the area was really helpful and a pleasure to be around. I would highly recommend this hotel to people travelling to Siem Riepe, especially as it is very centrally located and only approx. 10 minutes walk to Pub street where all the shops, restaurants and bars are located.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

In my experience there were a few issues with this hotel.

I was persuaded by the Manager of this hotel to stay here when I tried to cancel my reservation to stay at another hotel. I have raised my concerns regarding special dietary needs of the people I'm travelling with. I was assured that whatever needs I have, it will be tailored to suit. The buffet breakfast was poor. I was then given a 'tailored a la carte breakfast menu' which is a stock-standard menu. The bread and fruits were open to flies which I didn't find appealing at all.

Rooms. When I made the booking I was given a free upgrade to 2 Memoire Suites. Upon arrival the Manager assured that he reserved the best rooms for me. It was half-renovated, the spa had gunk in it, the drain was rusted, and there were stains on the tiles in the bathroom. It was close to New Year's Eve and the place was fully booked. I managed to change the rooms to the fully renovated ones. They were twice the size of the old rooms and much more comfortable. In the new rooms; lighting was very poor in the bathroom. You had to use a torchlight at the dunny because there wasn't a light in that area. Power points; I had to boil my kettle in the bathroom, and the other room, on the floor. Lighting in the room was poor. The rooms were disappointing as the concept was there, but it lacked detail so badly.

We paid for a compulsory dinner on New Year's Eve but decided not to go considering the fact that the hotel already did not meet expectations.

Aside from that, the staff are very willing to please whenever they can.

In summary, I don't mind the imperfections, but I don't appreciate dishonesty.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jee_Yg
Set S, Operations Manager at Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2017
Dear Jee_Yg,

Thank you for sharing experience at Memoire d'Angkor Boutique Hotel.

I am really appreciate your construction feedback to our hotel. I would like to share you that the a few issues during your stay with us we had solved it. Breakfast was improved and most of the guest like and happy with it. Moreover, bathroom and light we had changed to new one and over 2000 guests really happen staying with us.

I hope you can forgive this inconvenience and not let it stop you from staying with us in the future. I would like to offer you a free relaxing massage for one hour for your future stay at Memoire d’Angkor Boutique Hotel.

With our love and care,

Thom San
Operations Manager
experience@memoiredangkor.com
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this boutique hotel, and overall we were quite satisfied with our stay. The first thing that would really recommend it is the service, as ALL the staff we encountered were very very helpful and very courteous. They really went out of their way to ensure that we have a great experience at their hotel. (i.e. they allowed us to check out at 2pm on our final day, then (since our flight was at 10pm) fixed up a room on the ground floor where we could take a full shower (with amenities, towels, etc) before our flight!! -- that's the first time I've encountered this type of service). The breakfast buffet was not very extensive but it was enjoyable (the croissants were very very good). They upgraded us to a suite for $75, we got complimentary minibar drinks and complimentary laundry, refilled everyday. All that said, there needs to be great improvement on the following: there was no hot water in the shower on our first night, their aircon leaked and created a puddle in the middle of the night at our friend's room, the bathroom looks and feels very unfinished, the balcony (as was mentioned in another review) was useless as it had no furniture and no view. The bed, though, was very comfortable. Overall, we had a good stay at the hotel and we understood that they were still in the middle of their renovation (which might explain the bathroom and the airconditioning problems). We'd stay there again. Oh, did I mention that the location was top-notch? right smack in the middle but not too near the noisy sections of the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple