“Trying hard to impress” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 310 Hotels in Siem Reap
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
“Trying hard to impress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This "boutique" hotel is well located close to the centre of Siem Reep just a short walk or a lazy tuk-tuk ride from Pub Street, where it all happens. Our top-floor room had a balcony but wasn't served by the lift, which only made it up to level 4. The room was a decent size with a moody atmosphere, the bathroom rather let it down.
The outstanding feature we found was the warmth and helpfulness of the staff. We travelled into Cambodia overland from Bangkok - they organised a car and driver to meet us at the border. We wanted a guide/driver for three days who was knowledgeable about the temples - no problem. Transfer to the airport? Free with our booking.
We particularly enjoyed an hour in the Pool after a long day templing. When the Gym and Spa are finished they should make this part of the complex thoroughly pleasant.
The buffet breakfast was top notch.

Room Tip: Only go for the top floor if you don't mind walking up one level
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Vietnamese first
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for for nights while visiting the temples in the area. The hotel staff is one of the best I've experienced. They make sure every need you have is taken care of, making you feel like you're royalty.

Location: Hotel is located just off of one of the main roads in Siem Reap next to Lucky Mall. There are plenty of restaurants and shops that are within walking distance or you can hire a tuk tuk for $2 to take you just about anywhere in the area. It's around 20 minutes (by car) to the gates of Angkor Wat.

Room: Comfortable bed and spacious room. Our rate included the mini-bar which was restocked with sodas, waters, and beer each day. Not many places will do that these days, so that adds several bonus points. There are also US style electrical outlets which was a nice bonus. My only complaint would be the rooster next door that decided that crowing in the odd hours of night/morning was a good idea, but that's not really the hotel's fault. However, if they read this I recommend turning that rooster into chicken wings.

Facilities: Very clean and modern overall. The restaurant (Red Pearl) that is connected to the hotel had excellent buffet breakfast with fresh squeezed juices, pastries, eggs to order, noodle bowls, and a selection of hot dishes each day. They also service the pool for poolside dining. Dinner is equally nice and includes a traditional Cambodian dance show, which was a nice surprise. All at very reasonable prices. The gym was still being worked on when we were there, but who comes to Siem Reap to work out? The pool was a very nice little oasis, with numerous chairs for sunbathing as well as swinging beds for relaxing. It was nice to take a break during the hottest part of the day and take a dip in the refreshing pool.

Overall, I highly recommend a stay at Memorire d'Angkor if you are taking a trip to Siem Reap. Tip: have the staff book a driver for you to go around and see the temples, its not that much more compared to tuk tuks and is infinitely more enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Have to work on the bathroom to make it more pleasant for use. As shower area floor was cracked and bath tub was a little unpleasant to use. Furnishing was old looking. Perhaps re-vamp will be recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank retrojun
manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

i was fortunate to be treated by my brother to a perfect vacation in siem reap. he chose the perfect hotel to stay in! right from our arrival, we were given the best service, all of them from the manager to the room boys were very courteous and pleasant. the room was big and clean, the beds comfortable and tidy. best of all the food was great, i loved the dinner and breakfast buffets. during the dinner, we watched a wonderful cultural angkor dance show that included the famous apsara dance. i hope for future guests they can include the dinner buffet because its really worth it because of the food and the show.
as for me ill definitely come back to this hotel on my next visit to cambodia hopefully next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had always wanted to visit Cambodia and when I decided on Siem Reap, I had no idea about hotels. And, I didnt know anyone who had been there and was familiar with the hotels. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to find the Memoire d'Angkor Boutique hotel. From the minute I was met at the airport, everyone was very gracious, helpful, and anticipating anything I needed before I asked. For example, when I arrived at the hotel, as other people say in their review, I was greeted with a cool towel and great drink. I was also escorted up to my room, shown around, given full access to the mini bar, and told that I had free laundry service (which I gladly used twice). The hotel staff hooked me up with a tuk tuk driver, who drove me around all day checking out Angor Wat and some of the other nearby temples. They guy they hooked me up with was great and I actually used him the next day after doing the quad adventure and wanting to go out that evening to Pnom Krom. Then the hotel hooked me up with him on the following day when I wanted to go out to Banteay Srei (30-45 min tuk tuk drive outside of Siem Reap), the landmine museum, and some of the other temples.

The room was cleaned daily, replenished with bottled water, and when I had returned every evening, I returned to the room with more fresh water and some kind of coconut (I think) candy. Every morning, breakfast was available and comprised the typical western breakfast assortments including an omelet bar, various breads (baguette, danishes, croissant), bacon, fruit, and coffee. They also appeared to have breakfast items which may be more-often found in other areas like different noodle and rice dishes.

In all, the trip was great, location was wonderful and I would definitely stay there if/when I return to Siem Reap!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Cyberchris72
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We just finished a four night stay here and have nothing but positive things to say! Great choice when visiting Siem Reap and Temples of Angkor. Rooms were great! We chose a family room that had plenty of room for a family of four(children 6,9) Plenty of space, very clean, with all amenities you will need.
We loved the pool and pool side area with snack bar, great after a hot day touring Angkor. We enjoyed the hotels BBQ dinner and Apsara dancers.
The hotel helped us book a tour guide and can to take us around! That made our touring very easy and they provided us with a great guide!
Most important to acknowledge though, is the friendly staff!!! The staff are very courteous and incredibly friendly. They are very welcoming! The manager is also very visible and is very friendly and helpful too.
Overall I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

i should say we were very surprised by service and they made our stay very comfortable and unforgettable. all pro : - free pick up from airport by private van where you get fresh towels and soft drinks - breakfast has a lot of hours so if you go for sunrise in ankor you can come back and have breakfast later - there is some complementary hotel leave every night in your room ( some cakes or candys ) - mini bar is free of charge - you can beer soft drinks water and tea/coffee - we had early check in free of charge and late check out free of charge - the hotel stuf really take care about every detail you need and give you all information you aks and take care about everything we arranged a tour-guide with hotel that cost us only 30 USD for whole day for 2 people that had good english and made really good tour explaining us everything . you can do it just with tuk tuk that cost around 15 usd per day but you wont get so many interesting information if you would do with tour guide so highly recommended. the hotel has a very nice swimming pool area to relax after long day of walking in ankor and also it has very centrical position so you have night market and all places to eat just in 5-10 min walking from you or 1 USD by tuk tuk . i would recommend to everyone this hotel - dont miss it , you get much more from what you pay .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple