“The best service that you can get in Ankor”

Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #50 of 345 Hotels in Siem Reap
Barcelona, Spain
“The best service that you can get in Ankor”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

i should say we were very surprised by service and they made our stay very comfortable and unforgettable. all pro : - free pick up from airport by private van where you get fresh towels and soft drinks - breakfast has a lot of hours so if you go for sunrise in ankor you can come back and have breakfast later - there is some complementary hotel leave every night in your room ( some cakes or candys ) - mini bar is free of charge - you can beer soft drinks water and tea/coffee - we had early check in free of charge and late check out free of charge - the hotel stuf really take care about every detail you need and give you all information you aks and take care about everything we arranged a tour-guide with hotel that cost us only 30 USD for whole day for 2 people that had good english and made really good tour explaining us everything . you can do it just with tuk tuk that cost around 15 usd per day but you wont get so many interesting information if you would do with tour guide so highly recommended. the hotel has a very nice swimming pool area to relax after long day of walking in ankor and also it has very centrical position so you have night market and all places to eat just in 5-10 min walking from you or 1 USD by tuk tuk . i would recommend to everyone this hotel - dont miss it , you get much more from what you pay .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lilybcn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Vietnamese first
Toronto
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I arrived in Siem Reap on December 11th to stay for two nights and didn't have a hotel booked. I had done some research earlier on the hotels I wanted to stay in, this hotel was not one of them.

Once I arrived (via train and then taxi) just outside main Siem Reap (ie Psar Char), I was passed off to a tuk tuk driver with a tout who spoke English to take me to Psar Char. I had a feeling something wasn't right when the tout joined me on the ride to Psar Char. He was asking where I was from etc etc. After about 10 minutes, he brought me to a hotel and told me that I should stay there. Knowing that I wanted to go to a restaurant on Pub St. To eat and use wifi to do some final research before booking, I sternly asked for him and the tuk tuk driver to take me to Pub St. After about a minute, he acknowledged and told the tuk tuk driver to drop me off on Pub St.

Once I got to Pub St. I went to a restaurant and ordered while researching some more. To my surprise this hotels name popped up. I read the reviews and decided to give it a shot. They had a deal online for $59 a night - yes that's a bit expensive for Siem Reap, but it came with the following complimentary items:
1. Complimentary Airport Drop off/pick up ($4 dollar tuk tuk value) - which I needed when leaving Siem Reap
2. Complimentary Laundry Service, which was badly needed since I was in Bangkok for 3 days before
3. Complimentary Mini Bar ( with Coke, Perrier, Bottled water and 3 different kinds of Beer) - re-stocked daily
4. Complimentary Buffet Breakfast - a good one at that
5. Complimentary wifi

I figure the laundry, breakfas, mini bar and Airport transfer reduced the cost of the hotel by $10 a night.

Okay - now to the review

The service was superb! I cannot explain how much of a great service I was getting. The staff cater to all your needs. Always service with a smile. I hope that the owners continue to ensure the service remains at this high level. One of th reasons I booked was because of the reviews regarding the service they provide and they weren't lying. It is truly exceptional.

The rooms are cleaned daily. The hotel has been upgraded from whatever it was previously. The main floor, the pool area and the main rooms. I think they are still upgrading some areas.

The only minor thing, which I think they will fix, is that the bathrooms are outdated compared to the room. The shower works properly, the water is hot on demand and the towels and bathroom are always clean. I think they will update the washrooms too. Once theydo this, this will soon become a 4 to 5 star hotel in Siem Reap.

The location is great! Right beside lucky mall if you need anything. Also, if your tuk tuk or taxi driver dont where to take you, just say lucky mall and they will know. Wal to Pub St. Is about 7-10 minutes and it's a good walk as you see the sights of Psar Char (ie Night Market etc.)

The service is excellent and they staff are so friendly. Do not hesitate to book this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Muggzs
Leningradskaya, Russia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well situated for town and Angkor Watt. Brilliant staff who never ceased smiling and couldn't do enough for us.very nice pool with big hammocks to recover from temple bashing. The hotel arranged a charming tuk tuk driver who ferried us around for 4days and found good local food at very cheap prices and told us a lot of local history-Mr Chanrith tel. 011205366", breakfast was available whenever you needed it. The air conditioning was very efficient and the room very comfortable and well planned.
I would strongly recommend the Memoire d'Angkor to everyone

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my third visit to Siem Reap and first stay at Memoire d'Angkor. I chose it because the price and location were excellent. I was very pleased with my stay, particularly the service. The staff greeted me by name throughout my stay and repeatedly went out of their way to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. As the property had recently re-opened there were still some work being done around the property, once it is finished I'm sure it will only enhance a terrific hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bandmaster65
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have just enjoyed a 5 night stay at this 60 bed boutique hotel; 4th December through to 9th December, room 203. We booked through a popular .com site paying SGD $335 (before booking fees). Breakfast included.
Following research on this Hotel, (along with several competitors, in Siem Reap) we chose Memoire d’Angkor because of
• very positive customer service reviews
• position; close to local markets and the Temples
• their overall pricing package.

We both knew very little of Cambodia other than the dreadful devastation associated with the Khmer Rouge period. The Cambodia that hosted us, especially the staff of Memoire d’Angkor Hotel, was a place full of smiles, full of hope and full of plans for the future yet with a firm focus on the present also.

This hotel, the new owner, new management (as of Jan 2012, I think) and all staff are working very hard to achieve positive experiences for their guests.

Our experiences –

All email communication with the hotel prior to arriving was responded to promptly and was concise and helpful.

We were collected from the airport (no charge) given a beautifully chilled drink in the car, plus a scenic route, with commentary, to the hotel, lovely! We were also returned to the airport (no charge) each trip pleasant and punctual.

On arrival, another complimentary chilled drink plus a free upgrade to one of their rooms with a ‘swing seat’, a room having plenty of floor space and a very comfortable mattress. There is a local cockerel you may hear in this room, maybe other rooms also? I liked it (being originally a country boy) my wife (originally a city girl) perhaps less so.

Now…..the hot water…this was slightly adventurous. BUT the general manager – a really delightful man, Mr Sokun Set - gave a very thorough explanation (new solar panels, short-term but on going technical adjustments of matching cold water pressure to solar hot water supply) we appreciated his explanation; this issue I am confident will be soon resolved. Importantly, it would not prevent my re booking. I include this detail to remain factual to our experience. We simply worked with the sun and the current plumbing pressures, having later showers – it was no big deal for us.

The hotel has a really lovely swimming pool and we used this every evening – fabulous. Breakfasts were good and the omelettes especially so; coffee very good.

All the staff are very keen to assist, special mention to (Mr) Kym who was so attentive throughout our stay. If he is available, ask at reception to book Mr Leang (a tuk tuk owner driver) to ferry you about. Mr Leang is exceptional! There is a wealth of kindness in the Cambodian people and this hotel in Siem Reap has abundance such people among their staff; they will all greatly value your patronage, we would be happy to return, we are happy to recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Set S, Operations Manager at Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2017
Dear insightphil,

On behalf of the entire team here at Memoire d’Angkor Boutique Hotel thank you for taking valued time to share a fruitful review of your recent experience staying at our boutique hotel here in Siem Reap.

We also think our property is a special place and a quite haven of clam in the heart of Siem Reap city. Your gracious remarks mentioning that you thought our property was enchanting, our food amazing and the service superb are most appreciated. I am so pleased that you had stay with us 5 nights here and got the pleasant stay at Memoire d'Angkor Boutique Hotel. However, some case was happen without during your stay and we had solved it immediately for you as well and it was done.

I do sincerely hope that you will be able to come back and visit with us again in the not too distant future.

With our love and care,

Thom San
Operations Manager
experience@memoiredangkor.com
Perth WA
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a fabulous time here, staff are very helpful and we were made to feel very welcome. Room was huge (family suite) only downside was bed was a bit hard for me. Free transport to Pub Street and airport. WiFi a bit slow but ok

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Roachefamily4,

"BRILLIANT VALUE FOR MONEY" the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words to our team, I have also passed on the comment you have made to our IT department and we had improved WIFI.

Thank you for believing in us, I am looking forward to welcoming you back home very soon

With our love and care,

Thom San
Operations Manager
experience@memoiredangkor.com
calgary
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We had originally booked to stay at another hotel, but found it very overpriced. We booked Memoires through agoda, and the next morning we were picked up by the lovely manager and taken to this fantastic hotel. Lovely welcome drinks were waiting. Everything was taken care of for us. The manager knew we had a disappointing stay at our last hotel, and the staff went above and beyond to make this stay outstanding, including many freebies. We booked day tours through the hotel as well, which were a tad pricey, but very well run and professional- worth the money. The pool is great and there is a work out room! The only negative thing I have to say (and its very minor), is that the bathrooms were very outdated and poor toilets - where you can see the rest of the hotel had been redone. Overall superb stay at Memoires! Best service I have had in Cambodia.

• Stayed December 2012