I arrived in Siem Reap on December 11th to stay for two nights and didn't have a hotel booked. I had done some research earlier on the hotels I wanted to stay in, this hotel was not one of them.
Once I arrived (via train and then taxi) just outside main Siem Reap (ie Psar Char), I was passed off to a tuk tuk driver with a tout who spoke English to take me to Psar Char. I had a feeling something wasn't right when the tout joined me on the ride to Psar Char. He was asking where I was from etc etc. After about 10 minutes, he brought me to a hotel and told me that I should stay there. Knowing that I wanted to go to a restaurant on Pub St. To eat and use wifi to do some final research before booking, I sternly asked for him and the tuk tuk driver to take me to Pub St. After about a minute, he acknowledged and told the tuk tuk driver to drop me off on Pub St.
Once I got to Pub St. I went to a restaurant and ordered while researching some more. To my surprise this hotels name popped up. I read the reviews and decided to give it a shot. They had a deal online for $59 a night - yes that's a bit expensive for Siem Reap, but it came with the following complimentary items:
1. Complimentary Airport Drop off/pick up ($4 dollar tuk tuk value) - which I needed when leaving Siem Reap
2. Complimentary Laundry Service, which was badly needed since I was in Bangkok for 3 days before
3. Complimentary Mini Bar ( with Coke, Perrier, Bottled water and 3 different kinds of Beer) - re-stocked daily
4. Complimentary Buffet Breakfast - a good one at that
5. Complimentary wifi
I figure the laundry, breakfas, mini bar and Airport transfer reduced the cost of the hotel by $10 a night.
Okay - now to the review
The service was superb! I cannot explain how much of a great service I was getting. The staff cater to all your needs. Always service with a smile. I hope that the owners continue to ensure the service remains at this high level. One of th reasons I booked was because of the reviews regarding the service they provide and they weren't lying. It is truly exceptional.
The rooms are cleaned daily. The hotel has been upgraded from whatever it was previously. The main floor, the pool area and the main rooms. I think they are still upgrading some areas.
The only minor thing, which I think they will fix, is that the bathrooms are outdated compared to the room. The shower works properly, the water is hot on demand and the towels and bathroom are always clean. I think they will update the washrooms too. Once theydo this, this will soon become a 4 to 5 star hotel in Siem Reap.
The location is great! Right beside lucky mall if you need anything. Also, if your tuk tuk or taxi driver dont where to take you, just say lucky mall and they will know. Wal to Pub St. Is about 7-10 minutes and it's a good walk as you see the sights of Psar Char (ie Night Market etc.)
The service is excellent and they staff are so friendly. Do not hesitate to book this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We believe in "Happy Living," so we promise to offer you "an everlasting memory through ultimate happy experiences." Memoire d’ Angkor Boutique Hotel is the city's leading exponent luxury hotel combining stunning minimalist designs with state-of the art- service and facilities and located in the one of the Siem Reap’s prime business and tourists’ area with ideal access to the commercial and entertainment hubs in the city center of Siem Reap town. With plenty of services and facilities international buffet breakfast, juice & coffee, complimentary shoe-shine service, welcome fruit basket upon arrival, complimentary wi-fi and all room are decorate with non-smoking room, air-condition, flat screen TV, bathrobe, slipper, well selected bathroom amenities, in room safety box, emergency and evacuation map, writing table, especially, 2 separate bathrooms with sofa bed in family suite room and hammock swing with dining table in Memoire Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.