“maybe not a city for Japanese if this is the best”
Review of The Hashi

The Hashi
Ranked #34 of 879 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Hashi Japanese Restaurant at new location in Siem Reap does not only provide new face-lifted facilities with a larger space for private and group dining, but also variety of newly tasteful dishes added in our existing menu and, particularly, diners also enjoy what it's called "Teppanyaki" as we allow our guests to experience of how it feels like to be dining with a real Japanese traditional cuisine.
Candy Land
“maybe not a city for Japanese if this is the best”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

my 100$ meltdown. seems so small of a price for Japanese food so no complaints on price really. you will get a free small salad nice, but the dressing needs help big time. look at me complaining on free. it will provide vitamins : ).

our order started with the tofu app, super plain with ginger, okay that's just tofu so hoping for better. moving to the ebi tempura the star of the night. a bargain at 9$ for 6 nice sized shrimps. looks like they missed the radish in this dish. a requirement in Japan nobody wants health issues from to much oil. looks like there may be a dribble in the tempura sauce?? still a good choice for here.

Ikura was sold out as well as avacado. tried to substitute a massago nigiri, not so good for the price. no avacado cancelled many of their rolls but they offered to mix it out with mango. settled with a crispy salmon roll. decent enough.

main course we both did steaks. the lady had the 35$ wagyu wafu style and I got the 20$ angus. both cuts were tenderloins. I must of got her's cause I had the super tender steak. it didn't matter. we both ordered medium rare and got medium well. not a major issue, but the steaks were so bland and cant really explain aside to say boring. we didn't finish the mains.

with that small 100$ tag I also enjoyed a cheapo wine from Chili. cheapo as it was it was good enough for this meal. so you see my thoughts on the food are not the best but the price roll back on all that isn't bad. I wouldn't dine here again though if someone else paid. upon check out we found a book with some interesting restaurant selections. check all your resources. GL with Japanese in Siem Reap.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
hong kong
“Great Japanese food ... and we lived in Japan!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Family of 4: 2 adults/2 late teenagers. A short stroll from our Sokha Angkor Resort Hotel. We ate at a traditional Kotatsu table setting. Take off your shoes, walk over the floor and pop your feet down in the foot-well. We ate a lot of food including: large Sashimi salad, Sashimi Platter, Edomame Soya beans, seaweed, Sukiyaki for 3 and Chicken Teriyaki for 1, Rice, Miso soup, fresh fruit to finish plus 2 rounds of beers and Gin & Tonics. Excellent food. Lovely ambiance and attentive staff. A little pricey for some, but really worth it. We would go again!

• Visited February 2014
Oslo, Norway
“The best sushi in town! No doubt”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Delicious sushi! The best in town. Really nice place, with good service. Fancy place. You also get a bowl of vegetables as a starter, while you're waiting for your food. I enjoyed the spicy tuna, the salmon maki and the tempura shrimp the most.

Visited February 2014
Great Neck, New York
“The gods of Japanese food!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I were looking for a place to eat because we had a flight at 3:00 a.m. . Personally, my perfect Japanese meal is two avocado cucumber rolls, a miso soup, a plate of edamame, and green tea ice cream for dessert. I got exactly what I wanted at The Hashi. Not to mention they had free Wifi! If you aren't tired, their is a nice mall across the street. At Hashi, you will not be sad!

1 Thank Kobn57567
Quezon City, Philippines
“Yummiest Japanese food in siem reap”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We always rely on TripAdvisor. Again it delivered. The Hashi was easily located. The place quiet and clean but it's the food we were after and we were not disappointed. We liked especially the Salmon head just simply fried but simply delectable. The sushi and sashimi were fresh. The beef on stone was a bit tough probably because we should have ordered the tenderloin instead of the ribeye one. But all in all a must try.

• Visited January 2014