“Best Guide Ever!”

Angkor Guide Tour- Day Tours
Ranked #113 of 846 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Angkor Guide tour Private Tours is a group of senior experienced, professional tour guides who have been guiding visitors to Angkor temples since 2000 and I am Theara/Tom , I am team leader, of group i studied tourism and hotel management at university Bachelor Degrees ,Phnom Penh University and have many years' experience as a professional tour guide with hundreds of happy customers from all over the world, some of whom I am proud to now call my friends. Cambodians are very gentle, friendly people and I am sure you will enjoy your visit very much.i am an armature photographer is a founder and the team leader, in Siem Reap as well. Our services are customized for visitors who love independent and private tours. Please let us arrange your tours in Angkor such as accommodation booking, transports, tour guides, meals, itinerary and so on. We guarantee the best quality service reasonable price very informative tour guide and safe trip.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was recommended to use Tom from a friend of mine who used his services last year with her sister. In turn, my friend's sister had used Tom's brother based on a recommendation from the year before that. So I had a pretty good comfort level even before contacting Tom that I was getting a decent guide.

Turned out Tom was more than just decent for my 2 days with him as my driver and guide. He was very knowledgeable about everything I saw, so much so that other random people asked him questions and had some people even follow us around for interpretations. From his many years of being a guide, he could explain the mythology behind the reliefs in the various temples in the Angkor Wat Park. Not only was he knowledgeable about the mythology but from a practical perspective, he knew how to make the most of my limited time without unnecessarily rushing things so as to pack in more sightseeing. As a result, I got to see another temple, Beng Melea, that was well worth the visit, along with Angkor Wat (including a visit at sunrise), Angkor Thom (including Bayon, Baphuon, Elephant Terrace, Terrace of Leper King), Phnom Pakheng (for sunset view), Ta Prohm and Kompong Pluk.

Plus he's an amateur camera buff with his own Canon DSLR so he was able to take some great shots for me to keep, given many people carry around point-and-shoots, which aren't as good for taking pictures. And given his experience, he also knew the great places to take pictures along great poses, especially where the crowds are not there. I just love looking at the shots he took.

Food-wise, he always took me to places for lunch that weren't expensive but clean and tasty as the last thing you want to do is get sick. Plus he had bottled cold water on hand if needed. And after walking around in the heat and humidity, sitting a nice airconditioned SUV sure beats cycling the long distances by bicycle or breathing the dust & fumes from a tuk-tuk (especially in the morning and night when it gets freezing cold). And he drives very safely too.

On top of this, he even helped me secure a better place to stay at the last minute at the height of busy season in a 3-4 star hotel for a reasonable rate. Which on top of this, he got me upgraded to a better room at no extra charge - ie he uses his connections to help his clients as he's born & raised in Siem Reap. He even helped with negotiating a purchase of last minute camera equipment that I needed at the end of a very long day for him, especially when he has to wake up early the next day - ie he goes the extra distance for his clients.

Most importantly, he's a genuinely nice guy. He helped with the donation of goods to needy children in the floating stilt village Kompong Pluk, donating alms to the local Buddhist monks for temple building and buying goods from locals to help them out.

Given all this, one might think he might be expensive but his prices are extremely reasonable and extremely good value for money. And he explains all of his rates upfront so there were no surprises. I've traveled to many countries & thus used many guides. Not many stand out, but Tom does. If you use him, you won't be disappointed.

Only catch with someone this good is you need to book him in advance!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My friend and I went to Cambodia at the end of December. Tom was very knowledgeable, showed us great sites and places where we could get the best pictures, and was always funny and joking with us. He let us decide what we wanted to do and also made suggestions of other things we might be interested in. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Mr Theara is the best guide you can get! He is so knowledgable about the history and every single temple you can visit, and he makes the experience constantly enjoyable! He is relaxed and has the greatest sense of humor which makes for a fun time. I would highly recommend him and will only book with him for future visits! Thanks Mr Theara for the best time!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were very fortunate to have Tom's brother as our guide during our recent visit. He speaks Cambodian, English and German. We speak German and English - so that was an added fun for us. We were picked up promptly at the airport brought to our hotel (Golden Temple) then whisked off to our temple adventures. Every care was taken for our enjoyment of the trip, including finding us a great massage place. We enjoyed the articulate explanations of the temples and culture of Cambodia. Hire Tom or his brother Dom - either way you have a winner! Traveling around the world to see this site then just reading the guidebook does not give you the same flavor as a guide. I totally agree you want a car not a Tuk Tuk - we watched as people bounced around and swatted flies in their Tuk Tuk, from the comfort of our Camry. We enjoyed all of the temple tours, Tonie Sap Lake and Artists De Ankor. If you want to buy crap made in China go to the markets - if you want to help the people of Camodia buy your souvenirs from Artisans D'Angkor and hire Tom:-)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I visited Siem Reap recently to see the wonderful Angkor Wat temples. My aunt was advised by a friend to employ the services of Tom (Theara) as our tour guide and I must say all of us were highly taken aback – in a good way! Tom was probably the key reason we enjoyed our trip as much in the 5 days there.

Tom was ever respectful to my grandmother, referring to her as ‘Mummy’ and helped her traverse the tough terrain at the temples with patience and knowledge. He helped her experience much more than we would have been able to. He took us to great attractions. The depth of knowledge he had about them and the articulation of it were just great.

His car was impeccably clean and comfortable. Further he is a safe driver. He was ever accommodating, and never complained or raised an objection about our plans, no matter how many times they changed or how convoluted. We asked him to get us some crates of water, and unexpectedly within a couple hours, it was there at our hotel! He actually took his own time off to get us water! We were thoroughly impressed. Some of the best photos that I have from the trip are courtesy of Tom and his great photography skills.

In conclusion, we were endeared to Tom not only because of the great experience he enabled us to have at Siem Reap, but also because of the terrific person that he is. There is really no other tour guide/driver you should use, and I hope you will be as impressed with him as my family and I were.

Good Luck and Good Travels!