“Mr. San Park Tour Guide”

Angkor Temple Guide Private Day Tours
Ranked #104 of 1,014 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, Angkor Temple Guide (ATG) is a group of senior experienced, professional tour guides who have been guiding visitors to Angkor temples since 1995 and I am Tes Chhaya, a founder and I used to work as a teacher of English in high school in Siem Reap as well. Our services are customized for visitors who love independent and private tours. Please let us arrange your tours in Angkor National Park and beyond, with transportation, tour guides, meals, itinerary and so on. We guarantee the best quality services of reasonable price very informative tour guides with fun and safe trip. Best wishes, CHHAYA Tes
A TripAdvisor Member
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the second time that I used San Park's services as a tour guide in Siem Reap. He is extremely knowledgeable and took me to some remote areas that were very scenic and endearing: Banteay Srei, River of a Thousand Lingas, Kompong Khleang (stilted village), and Koulen Mountain waterfall. Large, air-con van, with plenty of cold bottled water helped to make getting to these destinations comfortable. He also knows where all the great places to eat are along the way and can extrapolate on the stories of his ancestors' historical migrations, religions, expansion periods and accomplishments. San Park also has a great sense of humor and an infectious laugh. You will not be sorry for using his services; he is very accommodating and will customize each tour for your group's needs.Thank you, San Park, for another wonderful tour!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
in 21 reviews
"cambodia"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed three days in Siem Reap in May 2013. We used Chhaya's services for two of those three days and we managed see most of the key temples. He picked us at the airport took us to hotel we had booked. We took some time to freshen up and from then on it was pretty much non-stop albeit at a relaxed pace. So here are the best bits...1.) He is very relaxed, friendly and helpful without being intrusive or overbearing. 2.) English is good and has good understanding of the history and the places 3) Stories and explanations are just about right at an very even tone (I did overhear some of the other guides who were quite dramatic and I personally would not prefer that) 4.) Like others have mentioned here, he managed to avoid the crowds 5.) He knew the right spots to take pictures (I travel with my wife and we usually end up taking pictures of each other but never together - so we did manage to come back with some nice pictures)

I would definitely recommend Chhaya to my friends and family.

Date of experience: May 2013
1  Thank T_Bharath
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked a one day tour of the Angkor Wat temple complex on June 15th as part of a visit wtih my son. This was my second visit to Angkor. Chhaya worked with me to arrange an itinerary to cover several memorable temples (Ta Prohm, Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat and Banteay Srei) in a manner to avoid peak crowds. He was knowledgeable and very friendly. He suggested many good picture locations and took plenty of pictures of my son and me. He also was flexiible as we made adjustments and little side stops during the day. He suggested a good restaurant for lunch. At the end of the day, we stopped at Wat Thmey (memorial to those who were killed by the Khmer Rouge). Chhaya shared some of his personal experiences during that sad time in Cambodia's past. We started at 8:00 am and finished at 6:00 pm. We never felt rushed. We learned a lot about the ancient temples at Angkor and the recent past in Cambodia. Overall, we had an outstanding day full of great memories.

1  Thank Bob G
Chhaya T, Owner at Angkor Temple Guide Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear guests, thank you so much for the reviews, I am glad to see that, I wish you every success and luck. Sincerely, Chhaya.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We recently spent 2 weeks in Thailand/Cambodia and had arranged for tours at each stop and Chhaya was the best. We had almost 3 days in Seim Reap and booked a 2-day tour with Chhaya and it was fantastic. Chayya is just awesome. He speaks fluent English, is easy to talk to and understand and is just an all around jolly person. He knows all about the history, when to speak or let us soak up the views, where and when to go to avoid crowds, and even where to stand to take the best pictures (we have great family shots). He is easy going and willing to make unplanned stops – we picked up some palm sugar on the side of the road and he explained the process of making it, for extra we also saw Beng Melea, 1.5 hours away, and even more amazing than Ta Prohm. We’ll never forget our tour with him the rest of our lives.

Date of experience: June 2013
Chhaya T, Owner at Angkor Temple Guide Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear valued guest, thank you so much for writing a review, your comments is really very helpful, I appreciated you hired my tour guide service, and enjoyed it. I wish I would work harder for all my guests, thanks.