“Roman is different”

The Crocodile River Bistro
Ranked #28 of 983 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is Belgian owned and serves German ,Belgium and Thai food.We are doing BBQ every Sunday afternoon
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Schnitzel Wirtin is different, we have been to his place many times. The owner Roman is a big guy who is continuously testing his draft beer. His food is excellent and tasty, the portions are huge..
That’s absolutely no problem for me and my family we just order 2 portions and 3 plates.
His rye bread is excellent, in contrary to all his huge meals it looks like he slices the bread on a slice machine. After I made this remark to him he gave us so much extra bread hat we could hardly finish. Roman takes good care of his customers if you like German, Austrian or Thai food and you’re not troubled by a big sometimes burping Austrian owner,
over the years I know him, I think I've had half of his menu and was never dissapointed

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I eat at the Schnitzel Wirtin at least once a week and I am never disappointed!! Great food, huge portions. I can really recommend this place.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

All the food I've had from here is excellent.
The Schnitzel's are spot on and huge.
The meatballs are something really special and the lasagna is easily the most generous and delicious in town.
The sour kraut, German fried potatoes, etc are just like what you wished you mum could make.
And the rye bread is superb.
A great place for getting to know Austrian food if you've never had it before.
Overall, if you like a seriously tasty and filling meal in a friendly restaurant at a great price, this is the place for you.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you are in the mood for something different than Khmer food (which is great by the way) then why not try the "Schnitzel Wirtin". A little bit off the map you will find a small restaurant which is owned by a really nice Austrian guy who is living in Cambodia for quite a while now.

My wife took a schnitzel with mushroom sauce and spaetzle, I had pork with sauerkraut and dumplings (beer included in price). The meat and dumplings were really great, the spaetzle was good but the sauerkraut tasted like out of a can. Because the location is right next to a street, do not expect any special atmosphere. The price is quite alright with 7-8 Dollar per meal. Besides Draft Beer you can also order Becks or Weihenstephaner Beer.

In the end we were very satisfied with the huge portions and we would recommend you to give it a try.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had the schnitzel with mushroom sauce, yes the portions are big but the sauce tasted full of msg and it completely drowned the meat. My friend had the plain schnitzel and it was dry and disgusting.

I felt so sick leaving that when I got back to my hotel I made myself throw up, just to get it out of me and yes, I felt much better after.

I wouldn't serve this food to my dog.

3  Thank Cambinski