“Be Lara Croft”

Ta Prohm
Book In Advance
$125.00*
and up
Private Tour: Siem Reap Full Day Tour With Angkor Wat Banteay Srei Bayon Temple...
$135.00*
Explore the Majestic Angkor Wat and its Surrounding Wonders
$95.00*
Full Day Angkor Wat Tour by Car
Ranked #3 of 180 things to do in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Having undergone minimal restoration, stone pillars and carvings intertwine with massive tree roots and jungle in this stunning temple complex.
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

A great place to re create the film :) and really feel like Lara Croft!
Amazing to see all the trees growing on the temples :) and an amazing experience all in all.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have seen a kapok tree roots all through out the temple. the century old tree stands still. It is really nice to be with this place feeling like an action star- Tomb Raider.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Pretty cool temple. I loved seeing the interaction with nature and history. But they have renovated it and taken away some of the special/hidden feel. Although I appreciate they preserved it for future generations. However, it was way too crowded. I think we got there just as 10 tour buses unloaded. We were waiting in line all the time because people wanted to take a picture in the exact spot Angelina Jolie stood (or something, I can't remember the movie). They blocked the way and were very annoying. But the temple itself is awesome.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I find this temple ruin a much better visit than angkor wat. Looking at the trees that have grown above, around, and through the temple is a sight to behold. Also, going inside the temple makes it so surreal that I agree why this became the inspiration for the movie Tomb Raider. I disregard all the reviews complaining about too many people, and too many touts. If that's the basis for not enjoying the visit, then do not visit to begin with. I believe the significance of the place goes beyond its reconstruction and commercialization. That said, the crowd in this place is much better controlled than those at Angkor Wat and Phnom Backeng.

1  Thank al22tecc
Reviewed May 4, 2014

It's quite a big temple, we went in April, which meant that we were dripping with sweat. The temple and the trees there was just mesmerizing. once you walked into the temple it was just like you were standing in a movie set or something.
This is one of my favorite temples in Siem Reap.