Shadow Angkor Residence
$69
$51
$89
$60
Le Meridien Angkor(Siem Reap)
$122
$71
$67
Agoda.com
$120
All reviewsold marketgreat locationacross the riverbalcony overlooking the riverpub streettuk tuksmall fridgehard rock cafeshort walkhot showergood nights sleepnights in siem reaphotel drivera great place to stayfive nightsnight marketcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We booked the guesthouse online, they replied quickly and kindly answered all of my questions, We didn't need to pay the reservation quarantee, though I'm a little worried about it, but it proved that they run the business based on trust.
We stayed in the triple room with a balcony, the living room on the 2nd floor is nice, I enjoyed sitting at the table on the balcony. The whole guesthouse is clean, the room's small but tidy. and the location is great.
Regarding the money we paid for it, I think it's worthwhile.
The staff's always smiling and very, very helpful.
This is the guesthouse I will go staying if I shall go to Siem Reap again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2012

So many reviews here were positive that we gave Shadow of Angkor a chance. It is our second night here and I'm sorry to say it hasn't lived up to tripadvisor's compliments. The room is a decent size and fairly clean, but the shower is absolutely terrible. I think I came out of there dirtier than when I went in. Also, the staff have been nice enough, but their security is so lax! They can't be bothered to put the keys behind the desk, so anyone can approach the desk and grab any key they wish to any of the rooms. They do offer a "safe" which is just a cabinet also open to the public. They are in a good location if you're looking to party. Overall, I would not stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here for three nights and enjoyed our stay.

The rooms were of good size and the pool was great after a long days sightseeing.

The staff were very friendly and arranged a good driver called Sopall and tour guide called Vann to show us rounds the Temples.

Food was good and all this for $20.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A very pleasant guesthouse right in the middle of Siem Reap. The staff and their tuktuk drivers were very pleasant and helpful and the restaurant is good too, The arrangement to pick me up at the airport went smoothly and they found me a good English-speaking guide.

Room Tip: My back room was quite dark with only a tiny window. It would be worth paying extra for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mature-lady70
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Really enjoyed staying here while in Siem Reap. Very central, right on the river & 1/2 block from Psar Chaa, the Old Market. Rooms were comfortable & aircon worked well, though watch out for mosquitoes as there were numerous opportunities for them to enter. Owners were friendly & helpful. They arranged tuk-tuks (at fair prices) for us whenever we needed to go somewhere. We had several hours to kill between checkout & our flight, so they let us use the pool at their other location (short walk along the river). I'd check rates at that location next time, as it was newer, even more quiet, only slightly less handy, & the pool was great. Only had one breakfast in the restaurant, which was fine - overpriced, as western breakfast always is.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family