All reviews auberge des electric shower two storey traditional khmer style pub street tuk tuk saltwater pool an excellent base decorated rooms quiet hotel baguette green oasis water pressure is ceiling fan tropical garden minute walk old market
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The location is off the main stretch but that makes it an oasis from the noise and dust of the tourist crowds. Breakfast is hearty and give you a good start to the day. I loved it that there was no TV and wifi was only available in the main area, a great vacation away from the usual bustle of daily life.

There was the option to bathe the traditional way, from an urn filled with water. A refreshing way to clean off the grime from the city.

I missed my out-bound flight and the staff were really helpful in helping me figure out alternatives.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
BenitoBenoit, Owner at SiZen Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thanks a lot for your nice comment on Borann. I am happy that the staff have been very helpful. They always are trying there best to solve problems whenever customers do enconter some, even if it has nothing to do with us.
I hope you'll keep a great image of Cambodia and that you'll share with your friends your nice stay with us.
Bénito.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is a small auberge with a cluster of two-story buildings around a garden, open-air restaurant and pool. They were super friendly, even catering to my phobia against mosquitoes by providing (without solicitation) coils in the room and in the restaurant. We spent 4 nights in Siem Reap. It wasn't the most central location, but a short tuk-tuk ride made everything very accessible. To me, the most striking thing was the obvious social conscience of the owner/management. I think he's Swiss or French and speaks fluent Kymer (there were predominately French-speaking tourists there). The manager of the Swiss hospital (that provides free pediatric services in the area) was a guest at the time, and the owner clearly is an advocate of child protection practices (from postings on the bulletin board, etc.) That compassion is also reflected in whom he hires. One example, my husband asked about a massage, and they suggested a free-lance blind woman who came to the room, was paid directly (no commission for the hotel) and was excellent. The staff was helpful, assisting us in arranging our transportation to other areas. A nice feature was the "Kymer bath" (in addition to a standard shower) in the bathroom. I'm glad we stayed there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jxschode
BenitoBenoit, Owner at SiZen Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thanks for your nice comments. Yes, indeed, we have a conscious about this beautiful country at Borann. You are right, i am french originally, but Cambodian too, as the King and the Prime Minister have granted me with the nationality in 2000 due to my humanitarian work. You can discover it through www.krousar-thmey.org.
Looking forward to welcoming you again. Bénito.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Had a most enjoyable stay at Borann. The staff were very helpful and so cheerful, they made each day a delight. I found my room and terrace very comfortable and it had all that was necessary for a few days.
The garden and pool were very attractive and were very welcome after a morning of sightseeing around the temples and elsewhere. I found the dining area very pleasant, the breakfasts lovely and the evening meal I had was delicious.
It was also very convenient to have tuk tuk drivers at the hotel and "Mr Sun" was a happy and helpful addition to my vacation.
A return visit is hoped for.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Borann is the ideal, restful base to come home to in between visiting the Angkor temples. The bungalows stand around a beautiful, very large garden with a lovely pool, and this courtyard effect makes it very peaceful. The beds are enormous and comfy, and the rooms are very clean. The stone floors in the bathrooms, and the stone paths through the gardens, are a little like staying in an Angkor temple of its own!

Friendly tuk tuk drivers are always on hand - ask for Mr Sun, he is an ace driver and always smiling, and the hotel can arrange guides for the temples too.

My husband was not well when we stayed (stomach flu contracted in Indonesia, nothing to do with Siem Reap), and the staff were really concerned and took good care of him while we went off to see temples. Kanchera (sp.?) is very sweet and speaks good English and French.

We will definitely return to Borann again and again.

Room Tip: Rooms are either ground floor or 1st floor. We were on the ground floor which was absolutely fine. Upstairs looked nice too - quite a steep flight of steps, so maybe ask for ground floor if steps are difficult for you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Happy New Year everybody!!
We stayed in Borann Hotel in Siem Reap 5 days for this new year and it was great!! The hotel is nice, clean and the staff is very helpfull and nice!! It is located in a very quiet location and after visits to temples and quite busy Old Market and Pub Street staying in Borann is very pleasant and relaxed. The cuisine is like home made and very tasty, the breakfast is good.
We had a great stay and will come back for sure!!!
Dear Management and Stuff of Borann Hotel, thank you a lot for the great time we had at your hotel !!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple