All reviews auberge des electric shower two storey traditional khmer style pub street tuk tuk saltwater pool an excellent base decorated rooms quiet hotel baguette green oasis water pressure is ceiling fan tropical garden minute walk old market
Reviewed December 20, 2011

If you are looking for a place to relax while visiting the temples of Angkor, this place is perfect. I first stayed here in 2007 and have now had 3 stays in the hotel. Each time I come I always extend my stay as I find it so hard to leave. The garden is a perfect oasis of calm and the pool is a great added bonus - perfect for taking a break from temple hopping. The staff are another major draw for me - they are fantastic - so genuine, friendly and always ready to help. They really make you feel at home.
The rooms are simple but very clean and they all have big balconies which feel quite private and allow for great views of the garden - perfect for reading or just relaxing. Breakfasts are great and you can have them up on your balcony if you prefer. The hotel is a bit out of town (a 15 minute walk) but that is to its benefit as it is a little oasis of peace where you can stay if you don't want to deal with the craziness of downtown Siem Reap. It is also close to other classy restaurants and bars so you don't really need to venture downtown unless you want to.
If you are prefer peace and natural surroundings to a flat screen tv and mini-bar, this is the perfect hotel - I always come away from this hotel feeling incredibly relaxed and peaceful. Am looking forward to many more visits as this is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed and the friends I took with me agree.

Room Tip: As far as I know all the rooms look onto the garden, I prefer the upstairs rooms as they have slightly better views but all are good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lise B
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We were recommended this hotel by a friend and it certanly didn't disappoint.
Beautiful spotlessly clean and secure retreat nestled in lovely gardens with a well maintained pool, and minutes from all the action of Siem Reap.
Delicious well prepared food, and wonderful friendly staff who personalised every transaction and made us feel special.
Nothing was too much trouble for Bunna and the team and they certainly made our stay effortless and enjoyable. I cannot commend them enough.
They arranged an awesome driver for us (Sen) who was knowledgeable and experienced and who was happy to advise without the 'hard sell' which was refreshing and much appreciated.
We stayed six nights and wished it could have been more!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deilia H
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Hey! That's my room!!! Recommended by Lonely Planet when I planned my trip to Siem Reap, I made the right decision for staying in Borann! Though it is not a luxury hotel, it is very homey with Cambodian traditional design, not located in the main street, has made Borann a perfect hideaway from busy days. In harmony with lovely garden, a small swimming pool, and open restaurant, make Borann simple, but elegant! I enjoyed having my breakfast, accompanying by smiles of friendly staffs. It was a short trip, but it was the unforgetful one! Siem Reap, I will return! and I will stay in Borann again!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank N0vena
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel is a lovely oasis set apart from the hustle and bustle of downtown Siem Reap. We stayed there four nights while visiting the temples in the area and loved it very much. The rooms are simple and very comfortable, the hotel is very clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast was served every morning in the outdoor breakfast area, near the pool and it was wonderful. It is simple to walk into town--five to ten minutes away--and enjoy shopping or a meal in the evenings after visiting temples, going for a swim and enjoying the gardens at the hotel.
If we return to Siem Reap, we will definitely stay at Borann again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane E
Reviewed April 30, 2011

we stayed here for 3-4 nights. we had been to siem reap before and had identified this place, however it had been slightly above our budget. This time we came again as we really loved what we had seen the previous time and we werent dissapointed. Whilst it is slightly out of the centre, it is only a 10-15min walk in to town or 5mins on a bicycle, which they rent out. (all profits to charity). The hotel has a very mature green jungly feel. It was very calm, quiet at night, had a great pool for some afternoon sun, nice breakfasts and juices. Our room looked out over the pool and was a decent size with a small shower room en suite. We also travelled with friends + 1 child, who had the room next door and in the evening when we returned from dinner/markets it was lovely as we could sit out on our balconies with the child in bed and still enjoy the siem reap evening. We lvoed it here and will defintley return. The staff were very accommodating in organising trips/buses/bicycles etc. Stunning and well priced.

Room Tip: Stay in an upper room, poolside
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple