“Be careful!”

Victory Guest House
Ranked #112 of 508 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel looks good. Hotel staffs are also good but I recognized I left this hotel that somebody stole money(50,000yen,which is almost 500 dollers) from my locked baggage. I guess cleaning staff did it. You should always keep your money with you.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Achou0909
MoyK4, Manager at Victory Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

I was so upset when I saw this review on my guesthouse as no guest reported any loss of money. I have since checked my room list many times but I did not see your name on it. I have also sent you personal messages through Tripadvisor but you have not responded .

Our guesthouse have been serving customers since 1999 , our guests include volunteers and Travel Companies but we never met this trouble before . If this customer had indeed lost $500 you would expect him to respond to our messages.

Given that this reviewer has only one review and no details on his profile and does not respond to messages, I can only assume that this report is vexatious and do not understand why someone would do this to our Guest House.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at victory for seven weeks and an excellent time there. The service is amazing: Moy and her staff always make sure that everything is cool with their customers. They're very helpful and always do their best to keep their customers happy.
The rooms are clean and have private bathrooms. You can get AC for a little extra.
One of the cool thins about victory is that a lot of volunteers stay there, so they generally stay for at least a few weeks. It allowed me to meet great new friends, and by the end, Victory really felt like home.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Values Customer,
Thanks for spending your time to write down on TripAdvisor.
I would like to say many thanks for stayed at our guesthouse.
I am looking forward to welcoming you to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

clean, comfortable, good service and a nice common area. A great base from which to explore Siem Reap. Would definitely recommend to any budget-minded travellers!

Only downside is the bathroom, it didn't bother me but it's not really a proper shower more like a hose attached to a wall and if you're not careful the whole bathroom will get wet, Having said that though, i think this is the case throughout SE Asia unless if you pay for a big expensive hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Budget, rooms are basic and could do with some paint but wifi is decent and a good location. Nice communal area. Would stay again. Easy access to town and Angkor Wat but in a quiet area. Staff are very friendly. Air con works!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Moy was quick to respond to our email inquiry, and gave detailed answers regarding room arrangements, availability and rates. She also arranged for our free pick-up from the new Siem Reap airport.

We stayed in a fan room good for 3, which was surprisingly not as hot as we thought it would be. At this time of the year it gets cooler at night, so if you're under a really tight budget and scrimping on the "little things" such as aircondition, this set-up is not so bad if you just need to spend a few hours to sleep and shower each day.

The room comes with free breakfast, too. There's a selection of pancakes, omelettes, and bread that come with coffee (really good with their mixed condensed milk) or tea on the menu that you could choose from.

Moy arranged for our tuk-tuk ($12, but we paid $15 since our driver was very nice and helpful) to bring us around the short circuit in the Angkor Conservation, and got us bicycles for $1 rent to go around the city. She provided us with maps also.

The guesthouse is located on the National Road, which is about a 15-minute walk from Pub Street and the Night Market & Art Centre, or a $1.5-$2 tuk-tuk ride.

I'd definitely stay here again, everything was very convenient from location to staff service and tourist information.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sanndra O
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have to say that the expectation we had when we booked based on the price was hey, it's a bed. But I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised and had a great time. Moy and staff were great and it was almost like a home stay. It wasn't that far from the hustle of Pub Street (10-15 walk or a $1-$2 Tuk Tuk) so we were very happy.
The rooms are basic but clean and relatively quiet, the food was great and as I said was so pleasant that it almost felt like a home stay rather than a hotel...

Room Tip: Definately ask for an Air Cond room as it can get a little warm.