Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Honestly, the building is impresive, spacious rooms, clean, very friendy staff and really nice decoration. In general, this hotel would take 5 star. but I felt lonely there since I was the only non-asian people in the whole hotel and it was fully booked. Also, the breakfast is designed for asian with a lot of different options for them but not too many for european customers. We decide to go to the swimming pool at late afternoon for a break and relaxing and came back to the room after 5 minutes there coz is was so crowded like a water park.
4 star for this hotel, very good in general with some small details to improve.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
apsaraangkor-emiko, Guest Relations Manager at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear our guest,

Thank your so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference on tripadvoisor! We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed staying at our resort with Khmer decoration.

However we are disappointed and concerned that the reminder of your experience especially for breakfast buffett menu and busy swimming pool. It is true that we have many Asian guests but also European and north American guests. It sometimes depends on a period or season. Regarding to the breakfast, we will certainly share comments with our team especially F&B to improve our breakfast menu both asian and western. What we can suggest for busy time at swimming pool: in the garden area, we have swimming pool, jacuzzi, fitness centre, sauna, spa, and business centre. If you could use another facility first, swimming pool would be available for you. We hope you will come back again to our resort next time you visit Siem Reap.

Regards,
Guest Relations

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was impressed by the design of the hotel when I first stepped in - I like the ancient touch of it while it wasn't old at all. We stayed for 3 nights and we like the lobby, the room, the staff, the pool, almost everything of the hotel. After a long day of visiting the attractions in Angkor Wat, we particularly looked forward to going back to the hotel to relax, either in the room or the pool, before heading to dinner in the town. The hotel is very close to the airport instead of the town, but it didn't bother us that much because we hired a car for sightseeing anyway. It even became one of the features of us because we could enjoy until the very last minute at the hotel before leaving for the airport on the last day!

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
apsaraangkor-emiko, Guest Relations Manager at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear our guest,

Thank you for your comment and your recent stay at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us.

Our hotel was built in the styles of the Khmer & Colonial Architecture and decorated like the home of Khmers. We are glad to know you like the design and we hope that you will also like the new entrance and lobby which are recently renovated.

We hope you will come back one day to our resort again. Thank you for your stay at Apsara Angkor.
Warmest Apsara regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very happy Honeymooners (UK),

We had a lovely time and would go back tomorrow. Omiko and all the staff made our stay very special and we can not speak highly enough of the service we received...Thank you all.

THis is a local 5* hotel (with personality, not like the US/Euro 5* clone hotels that are double/treble the price). Brilliant attentive staff, helpful professional and always available, we will use this hotel again when we go back.

There were conferences on during the day, however these were in the business centre and didn't affect our stay.

Close to the town, Temples, Airport and shops, and value for money.

Ps. I do not know what the bad report is all about, it sounds very very petty, so do not let this put you off using this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank IH13
apsaraangkor-emiko, Guest Relations Manager at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear our guest,

Thank you for your comment and your stay at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and it was my great pleasure to welcome two of you personally. I hope you had a great time in Southeast Asia and will come back someday to Apsara Angkor.

Warmest Apsara regards to happy honeymooners!
Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Aspara Angkor is situated very near the the airport along stretch of road where there are at least a dozen other similar hotels. It is extremely dated and the food at the Palm Garden restaurant is nothing to shout about. Everything served at the restaurant is a tad too sweet. Even the porridge tastes sweet!

The hotel has a small pool and a basic gym. The treadmill machines squeals as I run on it.

When I asked for an iron and an adaptor, I was told that there is no more stock. The hotel staff suggested that I paid USD2 to buy an adoptor which they would deliver to my room. I wonder if this is another scam, which is all over the place in Siem Reap.

Next I was advised that the photo developing shop was a short distance from the hotel but that I had to take a tuk tuk as it as not near enough by foot. I paid the tuk tuk driver USD3 to drive me just 2 hotels away! What a scam!

If I were to visit Siem Reap again, I will NEVER choose to stay in Apsara Angkor. I have stayed in so many hotels around the world, never have I been asked to pay another 1% because I settle my hotel bill using credit card.It is simply absurd!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Denise9776

Dear our guest,

Thank you for your comment and your recent stay at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference! I am so sorry to hear that we could not satisfy you during your stay in Siem Reap. We try to do our best to make it better. A few points you mentioned above, please let me explain our hotel policy.

First of all, we do not allow any hotel stuff sell something in our hotel. Although we take deposit when guests borrow adapters, irons, extra key cards, etc. Of course, we give deposit back to guests when guests returns the items back.

Traffic manners are not the same as in your country. We would like our guests stay safely. Especially in the National Road 6, there is a lot of traffic and we consider that crossing the street is quite dangerous since the photo shop is located a few blocks away and across the street.

At last, charging 1% using credit card is small practice in Siem Reap for all business to cover basic administrative cost to process the payment. Although we understand that it might be different in another country, this is a case here.

I appreciate your comment and it helps us to improve our service though reading your comment. Currently, treadmill is working well and we are also renovating the lobby. I hope that you will come back or stop by at Apsara Angkor next time you visit Siem Reap. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at Apsara for four nights. It's located on a hotel/resort strip outside of the city center. The best features of the hotel are the staff, room decor, and pool. The staff were very helpful in booking an earlier flight for me. The room was very clean and well stocked except for one mouse that was present on the first night. The pool was a relaxing end to days of visiting temples.

However the atmosphere in the rest of the hotel feels a little cold/institutional like a lot of these resorts. I would appreciate more places to sit in the lobby and bar area. My colleagues and I would have appreciated more comfortable options for meeting in the public space.

Date of stay: April 2012