“Fantastic family Holiday”

Angkor Journeys - Day Tours
Ranked #44 of 830 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Angkor Journeys invites you to experience the real Cambodia. I can organise everything from day tours to authentic overnight home stays with a local family.If you are visiting Cambodia for the first time or are making a return visit, let me be your tour guide. I have guided people from Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong as well as other European countries. My guests say they love Cambodia and want to return. Angkor Journeys can help you discover, explore and experience the Golden Land of the Khmer Empire. During your visit you will enjoy the lifestyle of the local people; their culture, beliefs and traditions.
Singapore River, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic family Holiday”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are a family of four with an 8 and 6 year old. We live in Singapore and travel around South East Asia frequently but we had been putting off Cambodia because I imagined it would not be as family friendly as other places. How wrong I was! Our holiday in Siem Reap was by far the most relaxed, informative and stress free holiday we have ever had. We had 6 days in Siem Reap and wanted to see as much as possible with some down time for fun by the pool so the kids didn't get exhausted with all the site seeing. We had heard of Kanha from friends who used her services and spoke very highly of her so I emailed her and she created the perfect itinerary for our family. Riyen was allocated as our guide and we could not have been happier. Her English was fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. She was great with the kids, recommended some fabulous places for dinner, and small things like popping into a pharmacy when we needed one and letting us know where the public toilets were made a huge difference. Her knowledge, courtesy and genuine desire to show us the best of Siem Reap made this holiday one of the most amazing, fun and stress free trips we have ever had. I can not recommend Angkor Journeys highly enough.

San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cambodia was beautiful and comfortable due to Kanha!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Prior to our Southeast Asia trip, Kanha’s emails were timely and informative, professional yet friendly. She made us feel confident that we had chosen the right person to show us the sights around Siem Reap. When she met our group at the airport with her driver, we felt like we already knew her. They took us to our hotel, reviewed the upcoming tour events, and bid us goodnite. The next day we toured the Bayon, Bapoun, Ta Prohm temples, and the Elephant Terrace – to name just a few places. Kanha was very effective in communicating historical and relevant information about the temples and surrounding areas. She also made last minute reservations for dinner – with a cultural show – that nite. On day two we toured the famous Angkor Wat temple and had a boat tour of a very interesting floating village. While the humidity can be a challenge, Kanha and her driver did their best to temper that by providing cold, scented towels and chilled bottled water several times each day. And the A/C in the clean, comfortable mini-van was always primed after each tour attraction. The few days we spent in Siem Reap were education, enlightening, and enjoyable because of Kanha !

1 Thank H K
honolulu
“Kanha: the Best Tour Guide and Organizer”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We are 70ish couple that go on 12 day trips to foreign countries at least twice a year and are probably pretty particular.. We just had a day tour in Angkor during a transit stop and due to time constraints hired Kanha Roth, the owner of Angkor journeys based on reviews on tripadvisor. This was a stroke of luck. She responded to our inquiry immediately, sought our preferences and constraints, planned the day tour, and provided a very reasonable budget for our approval. Despite a 2300 arrival at REP, she willingly arranged a car, and showed up the next morning raring to go. She spoke perfect English as an English Lit major, and had an amazing knowledge of Angkor, and was perceptive, smart, honest, courteous, sensitive, and client- oriented. I now realize that we would have never been able to see everything we wanted to without Kanha's knowledge, experience and planning as one day was a BIG constraint. We even spent some spur-of-the-moment time shopping at an open market that was not on the itinerary and Sam the driver and Kanha were nice enough to stay with us. Kanha was the best tour guide we've ever had. My advice is that you will need a guide to fully appreciate and enjoy Angkor. Since the costs are all the same, it would be foolish not to get the best, and in my opinion, that would be Kanha. Don't just take my word,..check out the other 60+ five star reviews.

Christchurch, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The time of my life”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Kanha was an alsome guide. She was very flexible with changing times and working around the weather.
She has great English skills and I gained a great insight into the history and culture of Cambodia.
Dont try to visit the temples without a guide as I would not of known what I was looking at, like so many tourists I saw.
It was also worth paying a little extra for a private car as we were able to cover more ground and get to see more.
One night we went out to a real local market and ate some amazing food with the locals at a pop up restaurant.
I am allready planning my next trip back to Siem Reap and will 100% book Kanha as my guide again. She offers a homestay with her family which i would really like to do.

Newcastle, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely fabulous!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had spent many months planning our recent trip to both Vietnam and Cambodia and having not been to these countries before was a little nervous on what tours would be best suited. Wow! Kanha proved to be more than just a experienced tour guide, but a truly wonderful person to have spent the 2 days touring the temples with. She went out of her way to accommodate our party of 4 recently, and made our experience more than just a tour of temples! Showing us around the city of Siem Reap, her local knowledge of the food with great restaurant recommendations and overall A fun person to be around. We are already planning our next years trip back to spend time with kanha on a mountain adventure. Don't waste your time with any other companies as this trip with kanha have made our memories of Angkor watt more than just a fabulous holiday, but now feel we have made a friend to stay in touch with and will cherish our memories and photos for a long time ahead. Thanks kanha!

Visited August 2013