“a dream fulfilled”

$97.50*
Half-Day Bike Tour from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat
Ranked #1 of 182 things to do in Siem Reap
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have wanted to visit Angkor Wat since I saw an article about it in a National Geographic while I was at school (many years ago). It didn't disappoint in any way as it was everything that I expected. It would have been perfect if I could just have convinced them to close it to the rest of the world for a few hours !!
It was by far the most crowded temple I visited, although I guess I did expect that, but strangely the part that I liked best were the galleries that surround the first level with their incredible bas relief carvings - and this seemed to be the least crowded part of the temple - go figure ! It was also quite cool as the galleries are open sided and covered from the sun. Certainly a great place to have a guide to explain all the detail, although the book "Ancient Angkor' has very detailed descriptions.
I stayed for sunset and this is in itself an experience as the temple changes from a drab grey to a soft gold. What a finish !!

1  Thank ozteddy
There are newer reviews for Angkor Wat

Reviewed November 1, 2012

A fabulous place to visit. Appreciated it even more after watching the NatGeo program Ancient Megastructures which was on a loop in a foot spa we visited. Went to watch the dawn breaking and it was partly spoiled by the noisy Korean and Chinese tour groups. Would have been nicer if people had kept quiet and enjoyed the stillness of the early morning. Still only the dawn had broken they all left before watching the sun come up behind the temple.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a truly beautiful place, even with the throngs of tourists you can feel it's magic. I have been three times now and it never loses it's appeal. I go at sunrise and watch the sun come up, and then while it's still dark I slip away and meet my driver for the day and head off to the other temples to beat the crowds. It's magical to get the temples to yourself as the first rays of light come through. I'm usually heading back to town for brunch as the first lot of coaches roll in...perfect way to see the temples.

1  Thank Finlay122
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This has to be one of the most spectacular places on earth, the temples are something that have to be seen in person with ones own eyes and quite frankly pictures don't do it justice. I spent hours wandering around and from every angle I was in total awe of what was in front of me. Even more spectacular is the history that surrounds Siem Reap and Cambodia. Truely a wonderful and humbling experience.

1  Thank Mannymia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

It was a great view early before sun rise got some fantastic pictures and the building itself was very interesting. We had a great guide. Well worth getting up so early for.

1  Thank Tyrone907