“Secret hideaway - Attentative and very professional service”
Review of Cool Sense Spa

Cool Sense Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Cool Sense Spa is centrally located in Siem Reap City. Our spa is specially designed to make you feel relaxing and fresh. Also, our well trained therapists will relieve your stress in a very traditional way by using natural products & herbs. Our Services included:- Traditional Khmer Massage- Food Reflexology Massage- Aromatherapy Massage- Back, Neck & Shoulder Therapy- Body Scrub- Manicure & Pedicure - All kinds of Waxing services- Luxury Facial Treatment Services- Luxury Day Spa Package Services
Kampong Cham, Cambodia
“Secret hideaway - Attentative and very professional service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This has been one of the best massage places I've been to in South East Asia at such a price so far. It may not be the most cheapest place in Siam Reap, but the price is actually very much comparable to many other normal and not so nice places. We were surprised at how reasonable the prices were compared to the more 'dodgy' or not so nice joints that are common in Siam Reap, seeing as how nice it was. The interior decor, smells and extremely peaceful and relaxing ambience, not to mention the very professional and competent staff really made this place stand out. This is a legit place and if your looking for a great and professional massage service I would say its worth paying the extra dollar or so for. I got a foot reflexology massage and couldn't ask anything more from it, great massage, and the extras such as the towels, tea and water that they serve that not many other places would bend their backs to provide was a great find.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Noosa, Australia
“Professional”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Cool Sense Spa massage is a little bit more expensive than others at $12, but is also definitely a proper massage. Nicely decorated entry. Proper massage bed and a firm, therapeutic massage. Best I've ever had in Siem Reap.

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thorough”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I came in and asked for prices for a leg wax, as I was the first customer of the day they offered me a discount.
The salon was modern, clean and very well presented. They took me through to a quiet room at the back and even allowed my partner to join and have a bed to rest on of his own.
If your looking for a quick wax, don't come here. If, like me, you want somebody who will take the time to do the best job they can, this is the best place!
Very pleased with my wax!! Thank you.

Visited October 2013
UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Staff mobile phone going off during massage and very poor massages overall”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having seen the other reviews on Trip Advisor for CoolSense Spa, albeit there weren't many of them, we thought we'd check it out.

The lady at the desk provided a warm welcome and a drink each on arrival and spoke very good English, encouraging us prior to our booking the massages, by saying we could review them on Trip Advisor...so far so good we thought.

We had a massage together in their room with 2 massage tables in it. I opted for the Coolsense 4 hand Energizer massage and my wife for the Coolsense Relax massage.

One of the ladies doing my massage (the slightly older, larger built lady) was much better than the other and seemed reasonably good overall, so if I'd opted for the Relax treatment, perhaps she'd have provided a good massage. However, in combination with the other lady, it felt confused at times with contradictory massages applied at the same time (i.e. a relaxing back massage from the better lady, whilst the other seemed to be very firmly grabbing at my leg one handed - an attempt at acupressure perhaps?!), making me uncomfortable and looking forward to the massage finishing.

Additionally, the pillow that was placed under my head for the second part of the massage, had what appeared to be mould/damp stains on it and no cover was put on this pillow to cover it! In fact, I spent the first part of the massage looking down through the face-hole at the pillow, which was underneath the table, hoping that they'd be covering it before placing it under my head. Unfortunately they didn't!

The young lady massaging my wife had her mobile phone on in the treatment room, switched to vibrate, which was easy to hear when she was texted, called and had a message left for her, after she'd sent a call to voicemail, each time interrupting my wife's massage. Both of us found this really unprofessional and it contributed significantly to our poor overall experience here. My wife also found that for parts of her massage, that she was receiving a one handed treatment, leading us to wonder afterwards if the young lady was actually texting during the session. The young lady was clearly tired and yawning on and off throughout and scratched her head a lot throughout the session, making my wife feel even more uncomfortable. She also wore lots of bangles on her wrist, which constantly jangled, again detracting from what should have been a relaxing experience.

With us laying face down at the start and having our eyes covered when we turned over, we didn't fully appreciate that neither of us was receiving a good massage until afterwards, despite me obviously noticing the mobile phone going off. In the future we'll have code words for 'I'm not enjoying this, let's stop and go!'.

On a more positive note, we were able to have a handheld shower before and after the session.

I tried carefully to explain to the lady at the desk about the mobile phone issue when I went to pay and despite her good English, she didn't seem to understand what I meant at all, until the young lady whose phone it was, apparently explained it to her, whilst clearly not being happy that I was mentioning it. The lady at the desk was unapologetic and didn't seem to understand why I was telling her about it, so very frustratedly, I put it down to a bad experience, paid and we noted down the details for the Trip Advisor review we'd been invited to leave.

Albeit not overly expensive at around $50 for us both for 1.5 hours, we wished we'd spent a bit more and had a much better massage elsewhere. This was the only one of 5 massages we had in Cambodia and Vietnam that wasn't very good. Perhaps we were unlucky and visited on a bad day for them, but we wouldn't go back here again and it was the only service we didn't tip for throughout our whole trip.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank SandAtravels
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Quiet Peaceful Amazing”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We took a 60mins for a back, shoulder and neck. It was perfect. Rain pouring down outside which could be heard while getting massage. Very quiet and private. Got this for $12. Staff were very helpful.

Visited September 2013