Angkor Village Resort
$115
$62
$120
$117
All reviewslong poolno wifi in the roomsunique poolswimming pooltuk tuklush gardensiced teabeautiful hotelpublic areascambodian stylebreakfast buffetafter a long daycambodian foodclose to townaway from the hustle and bustlesiem riepan oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Indeed this is a beautiful resort but it lacks the class of service that one would expect from a Small Luxury Hotel. Infact, in no way does this hotel justify the brand promise that Small Luxury Hotels promise. The issue from what it seems is not the staff but the management. Let me give you several examples. On Day 1 I was sitting in the Balcony of my Cottage overlooking the pool in a quiet and tranquil environment and suddenly the Chef of the hotel was found screaming on his mobile phone at the adjoining cottage not once showing sensitivity that he might be disturbing the guests. I passed several members of the management team and not once did anyone acknowledge or even smile or engage - something one would expect in a resort. While talking to the staff at the desk the management staff was standing there and only once we left we overheard him approaching the staff to check if all was okay. Seriously, you can do that yourself and it would have been a nice touch. There are many such small instances. On a service side the in room amenities were not replaced. They don't have a concierge desk it seems and we felt more lost talking to the hotel and thank god for Beyond Unique Agency that we got all the information and help in making arrangements. Even on checkout they made a mistake on billing.

It is sad how a beautiful physical product lacks the soul of service. I have now formed a perception of Small Luxury Hotels and shall now do my best to avoid staying in one. Definitely no where close to what they promise.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was here in October when I booked for a group of 21 people visiting from the U.S. I live in Cambodia and I found their group reservation manager, Seng Sokkeo, very wonderful to work with. This place is a little off the main hotel drag and Pub Street but nothing is far away. My guests really loved the place. The breakfast is fantastic and the best meal of the day! We had one group lunch here that didn't really blow me away. I thought it was way overpriced for what we got. There are tons of great restaurants in SR so I'd explore for dinners. Most of my group did massages at the spa and one couple complained about their massage but everyone else seemed happy. Massage is very personal so who knows? I didn't have one there because you can't throw a stone without hitting a massage place in SR. My opinion is if you want a great place to come home to after exploring temples where you will be able to really relax and not feel like you are in a city, this is the place to come. I'd definitely return and I'd definitely take a group back here.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor of the cottages unless you have mobility problems. I think the top floors have better views but you can't really go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent three nights at this hotel during a short trip to Siem Reap to see the town and visit Angkor Wat. Absolutely loved this hotel and would definitely stay again. Didn't get a chance to use the pool as we were out most of the day time. But looked lovely. The restaurants are good. The spa was surprisingly good - about the best foot massage experience ever! The rooms are lovely and authentic looking. Love the whole tree house feeling being in our upstairs twin room. And all importantly the staff are lovely!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Angkor Village Resort and it could not have been better. Top floor bungalow room next to the longest swimming pool in the world ensued we could swim at the end of each day after extensive sight seeing around the temples of Siem Reap. Had massages each night that were discrete & sensational. The hot rock massage is to die for. The guide provided by the hotel was Baley...an amazing young man with humour, knowledge and catered for all our wishes including best times to avoid crowds. But the unexpected highlight (other than Baley) was the incredible a la carte meals every night in the sumptuous Le Jardin Restaurant...from the Executive French chef Michel...very special...and some specially catered just for an Austrian couple & us Aussies.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidJHHooper
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent three nights at this resort and especially enjoyed the grounds and spa. Be sure to have a massage when you stay here! The pool is actually a moat that surrounds the lodge, so that every room has its own private part of the moat/pool just outside its patio door. The room we had was spacious and well lit, and the bathroom was large, with two sinks, but it was so dimly lit that it was difficult to see in there! Strange, since the bedroom itself was so bright.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple